HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Off-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXII

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
where is landeskog ?
traded to Caps to get back the picks.

Old
01-29-2012, 09:42 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
where is landeskog ?
Ah snap. K!

Semin - Stastny - Duchene
Lando - RoR - Duke/Mueller
Gali - McC - Jones
Winnik - Malone - Kobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
traded to Caps to get back the picks.
But of course.

Old
01-29-2012, 09:56 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Jones has no place on this team. Kobasew is signed through next year and would take that spot on the 3rd line, most likely.

I also have my doubts about re-signing McClement and Winnik, two players that contenders would love to get their hands on, whether it be at the trade deadline or in free agency. Same applies for O'Brien on the backend.

Old
01-29-2012, 10:03 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Jones has no place on this team. Kobasew is signed through next year and would take that spot on the 3rd line, most likely.
I'd still take him tho. He's good insurance. He hasn't ever hurt this team to the point he's lost a game or cost us something momentous. Just leave him on the 3rd line with some 2nd PP unit duty and he'll be fine.

Quote:
I also have my doubts about re-signing McClement and Winnik, two players that contenders would love to get their hands on, whether it be at the trade deadline or in free agency. Same applies for O'Brien on the backend.
This team better get its ass on those two. Especially McC. If he isn't there next season it'd be wasting RoR's potential on the 3rd line. Kid is too good to be there.

Old
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
IMHO it's actually the other way round. He makes it possible for Weber to play like he needs to play to be effective.
It's a 'mutual thing'. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
He hasn't lost a step because of his holdout, it has been going on much longer than that. He hasn't been an elite player for well over a year. He is basically Erik Johnson right now. Has some great moments and has some "WTF is he doing?" moments. Just like EJ, he has been solid. Nothing more than that.

I agree that guys like Keith, Letang, and Doughty are better offensively but Suter isn't too far behind. He just isn't flashy and doesn't get the media coverage in Nashville. He actually has more points than all three of those guys so far this season and was only 1 point behind Doughty last season.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and putting Suter at #8 shows that you still think very highly of him. Personally I would have him in the top five though. Also, even Detroit fans will tell you that Lidstrom is only in the top 3-5 conversation because of reputation.
Perhaps. At least he has shown that he can be that player that is great offensively AND defensively. Now if this player has off-ice issues that I don't know about that's keeping him from getting his head in the game, I have no control on that. All I know is that if I had a choice between Suter and Doughty, it's a no-brainer when you consider the complete skill package and the difference in their age.

I agree Suter really isn't flashy but he's just still not up there in terms of offense, in my opinion. You guys keep saying, he's playing with Weber and they are challenged offensively. Ok fine. You would think that he'd still be better than an average of 6 goals and 30 assists per year, no?? For me, even if he's the BEST defensive d-man in the league, I still don't put him over the other guys that also provide that offense.

Maybe he signs on with an offensive powerhouse team and then starts putting up 50+ point season...I'd be very surprised if that happened though. Unfortunately, if he does end up signing for $7.5M + per year, the expectations that go along with that are also going to be sky high and that's where teams get into trouble. Do they really know what they are getting? Is the player going to be able to handle the expectations that go along with this kind of salary? Sure didn't work out too well for Scott Gomez and Wade Redden. [Obviously, Suter will be much more of a success than either of those guys]

To think, there were A LOT of Avs fans who were pissed when the Rangers signed Redden, they wanted him here with the Avs.

Last edited by Bender: 01-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Closed Thread