HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

12/9/11 "A Cut Above The Rest" - Panthers VS Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Great8Cam

vCash: 500
Clemmer needs to be hard on himself and work out the problems with his game.

Maybe the hate is over the top, but strong criticism of the goals that he has given up this season is acceptable.

Old
12-10-2011, 03:06 PM
5 Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
I think a traffic cone could earn 7 of 8 points if the panthers played the way they did infront of clemmer his first 3games.
Clemmer + a 5th for the traffic cone.

Old
12-10-2011, 05:07 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
3-0-1, 2.23 GAA, .913 save%.

Awful goaltending there by the backup.
I'm not complaining about the rest of the game, just saying it's very disappointing how he played the OT breakaway, no one can defend it, he made it easy to score. Although not the same thing, penalty shot scoring is under 30%. In this case Clemmer had lots of prep time, he stayed in net.

Just because I can be reasonably happy we got a point doesn't mean I have to be happy about the way we lost.

Old
12-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Interesting stats between BUF, FLA and NYR.

FLA wins first of b2b, loses second of b2b which is against Buffalo. Buffalo loses second of b2b against NYR which is their first of B2B. And Tomorrow the Rangers have their second of back to back..against our Panthers!
If this continues, Florida should win this! I am anyway expecting a win against the Rangers since we finally got a day off and should be fresh

Old
12-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I'm not complaining about the rest of the game, just saying it's very disappointing how he played the OT breakaway, no one can defend it, he made it easy to score. Although not the same thing, penalty shot scoring is under 30%. In this case Clemmer had lots of prep time, he stayed in net.

Just because I can be reasonably happy we got a point doesn't mean I have to be happy about the way we lost.
I thought he played both breakaways kinda terribly, but it's just weird that the guys who allowed for the breakaways to happen have gotten no criticism. At the end of the day, it's still an NHL player on a breakaway.

Also, if Clemmensen plays to this level statistically all year, I'm not going to complain. He's our backup goaltender. If you're expecting Clemmensen to be spectacular, you're going to be disappointed. Be happy that we no longer need great goaltending to win every game like the last decade; we finally have a quality team on the ice to overcome it, somewhat. And Theodore's been incredible thus far, so we might not see Clemmer as much as expected before the season.

Old
12-10-2011, 09:58 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
I thought he played both breakaways kinda terribly, but it's just weird that the guys who allowed for the breakaways to happen have gotten no criticism. At the end of the day, it's still an NHL player on a breakaway.

Also, if Clemmensen plays to this level statistically all year, I'm not going to complain. He's our backup goaltender. If you're expecting Clemmensen to be spectacular, you're going to be disappointed. Be happy that we no longer need great goaltending to win every game like the last decade; we finally have a quality team on the ice to overcome it, somewhat. And Theodore's been incredible thus far, so we might not see Clemmer as much as expected before the season.
Of course there were players responsible for allowing the breakaways to happen in the first place. But even with that blame doled out to someone other than the goalie, Clemmer should have played the breakaways better. Way better -- he downright sucked in OT. That's my only point. It's bitter to lose when someone puts out a lackadaisical effort when it matters. I don't care that he's the backup; I'm not happy with how the game ended. Why should I be?

Old
12-10-2011, 10:15 PM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Of course there were players responsible for allowing the breakaways to happen in the first place. But even with that blame doled out to someone other than the goalie, Clemmer should have played the breakaways better. Way better -- he downright sucked in OT. That's my only point. It's bitter to lose when someone puts out a lackadaisical effort when it matters. I don't care that he's the backup; I'm not happy with how the game ended. Why should I be?
Yeah, Clemmensen should have made the save on the previous 35 goal-scorer on pace for a career year's unimpeded breakaway with ease...
His effort was lackadaisical? Get real dude. He bailed out the defense plenty of times during the game- you simply shouldn't be handing over two clear-cut breakaways to the opposing team's top scorers?
The amount of criticism Clemmensen garnered in this thread is ridiculous, he had a pretty good game overall.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:33 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
3-0-1, 2.23 GAA, .913 save%.

Awful goaltending there by the backup.
Lol that doesn't change the fact he's terrible. His style technique is Absolutely awful. It's onething too be a Thomas or Pavelec. But common. His style doesn't work. His poke check never works and I'm pretty sure I could slide my entire body threw his five hole when he misses on the poke. Much like Brian Boucher who flops around like a fool. Why teams choose to go with options like them is beyond me.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:37 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepinthechapel View Post
Yeah, Clemmensen should have made the save on the previous 35 goal-scorer on pace for a career year's unimpeded breakaway with ease...
His effort was lackadaisical? Get real dude. He bailed out the defense plenty of times during the game- you simply shouldn't be handing over two clear-cut breakaways to the opposing team's top scorers?
The amount of criticism Clemmensen garnered in this thread is ridiculous, he had a pretty good game overall.
Perhaps I wasn't able to make myself clear.

I'm not complaining about Clemmer's game overall.

I'm only complaining about how he played the breakaway in OT. He sucked, there was no effort, he was in la-la land on that one play.

To repeat: I'm only complaining about that one play regarding Clemmer's effort. Not the rest of the game.

Once more: that one play, where someone let a breakaway happen, and a player came in all alone on Clemmer, who inexplicably stayed way too deep in his own net, and left a wide open side to chip the puck into, even I would have scored on Clemmer.

To summarize: I'm upset about the way Clemmer played the OT breakaway situation, not the rest of the game.

In other words, the OT breakaway goal, Clemmer bad. Rest of game, Clemmer good.

But because one bad play resulted in a loss, I'm not happy about the loss. And it's not all Clemmer's fault. But he should have played that ONE BREAKAWAY BETTER.

Does anyone need further ****ing clarification?

Old
12-10-2011, 10:41 PM
nhlfan9191

^Don't feel you have to defend Clemmer. 98% of the world knows he sucks.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:50 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Lets be honest.

Hes a serviceable back up goalie that struggles mightily on breakaways and shootouts.

Hes far from a pretty good goalie.

We will be ok with him if Markie needs one more year in AHL.

Old
12-10-2011, 10:59 PM
asleepinthechapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Lets be honest.

Hes a serviceable back up goalie that struggles mightily on breakaways and shootouts.

Hes far from a pretty good goalie.

We will be ok with him if Markie needs one more year in AHL.
Wait, I said he was a pretty good goalie?

Old
12-10-2011, 11:22 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Wait, I said he was a pretty good goalie?
no.

i just said hes far from one.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Perhaps I wasn't able to make myself clear.

I'm not complaining about Clemmer's game overall.

I'm only complaining about how he played the breakaway in OT. He sucked, there was no effort, he was in la-la land on that one play.

To repeat: I'm only complaining about that one play regarding Clemmer's effort. Not the rest of the game.

Once more: that one play, where someone let a breakaway happen, and a player came in all alone on Clemmer, who inexplicably stayed way too deep in his own net, and left a wide open side to chip the puck into, even I would have scored on Clemmer.

To summarize: I'm upset about the way Clemmer played the OT breakaway situation, not the rest of the game.

In other words, the OT breakaway goal, Clemmer bad. Rest of game, Clemmer good.

But because one bad play resulted in a loss, I'm not happy about the loss. And it's not all Clemmer's fault. But he should have played that ONE BREAKAWAY BETTER.

Does anyone need further ****ing clarification?
THIS! He really didnt look good on that one but otherwise he was fine in this game..
As many of you stated, he is only our backup. Therefore we will see Theo back in tomorrow and with the stretch of games in several nights over it will only increase that Theo starts in goal1

Old
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Bad pinch

On a bad change

Results on the second bad 5-hole breakaway goal of the game

Man I am so glad I didn't go to that game!
Re-quoting myself from after the game.

I agree with some, Clemmer didn't have a bad game. BUT, he didn't play either breakaway good. We can be happy about his overall game, this doesn't mean we have to like every part!

Kuli made a bad pinch in OT on the breakaway goal.
1. Because he had no chance to do anything there, should of just backed off.
& 2. Because the rest of his line mates were changing, so he had no one covering for him.

Again like someone else mentioned, this doesn't hide the fact that we have only scored 2 real goals the last two games. One of those games we won, the other an OTL, so at least can be happy about that result.

I just don't want to make it a habit.

Closed Thread