HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

the Problem with Stafford is...

Old
12-09-2011, 05:43 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
He's not as good as last year and not as bad as this year.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:17 PM
beachcomber89
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hes trying to be a more discerning shot I believe. Hes getting them to the back of the net more than Ehrhoff is for sure.
Everytime the puck gets passed to that fool I just know its going wide, or maybe a bad giveaway is going to go down.
Stafford is the least of my concerns at this point, though hes not producing up to par with his norm hes not quite as blind as ol limp stick Hoff.

beachcomber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

He just sucks at finishing. Then he will suddenly feel confident at it and rattle off a ton of goals. And then he will not feel confident for tons of games. It's between his ears.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 06:29 PM
beachcomber89
Rookie User

Yeah and him and Vanek are Ruffs muses, I think we work well when we have good teamwork and passing plays on the rush in the offensive zone. But Ruffs got Vanek and Ehrhoff shooting for the hail mary so to speak. I think Staffy is on the good side of our offence for the most part if you consider the amount of opportunities that he gets to score.

beachcomber89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 11:54 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Not an aberration. Just significantly lower than his career shooting percentage. Prior to this season, he's had an outlier in both directions. If he continues getting the chances from the areas he's getting them, he should be fine--he just needs to finish.

And we disagreed then, too. I think he's getting chances, he's just missing them. I've seen him go to the net somewhat frequently. We're deluding ourselves if we believe opponents aren't trying to take that move from him--they get paid, too. I think he's been fairly snakebitten this season.

He had a great scoring chance tonight and didn't shoot. I still think on balance thats a big part of the problem. I'm not arguing he isn't getting looks btw. I'm saying he is making an extra move before shooting putting himself in a tougher spot to score when he gets them.

But we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
Quote:
If he keeps taking 2.5-2.75 shots per game, I think we'll see him finish in the 22-26 goal range. Given his PK ability, I'd say that he would've earned his contract if he can get to that number
He is paid 4mil a year to score and create offense not to be the 5th or 6th Pking forward. I think he needs to be up near 30g or over 50pts to be earning his salary.

Last edited by joshjull: 12-10-2011 at 12:29 AM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote