HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Kaberle for Jaroslav Spacek - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Spacho with 2 assists tonight so far haha. He is playing the point on the umbrella pp.
Muller

Old
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You remind me of my prior boss who told me I was crazy when I told him around autumn 09 that gold would reach 1500 before the US economy would even come close to recovering. He told me "Gold will NEVER reach 1500".

Also, I guess we would've been way better off by not trying to find a replacement for Markov when he got injured. Geez, your MVP goes down, what the hell would you do?

Oh right, I just remembered, I'm talking to the guy who wants us to tank, yet doesn't understand the economic reality of the Habs, not only for themselves, but for the league.

Don't bother responding, keep peddling your BS to other people.
your so deep in it you cant see sh it all!! you would think habs were coming off a cup and had been perrenial contenders for the last several years!! talk about monkey crap

Old
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
im guessing he's gonna wear his usual number 15? 51 seems odd on him. or number 12?
51 is DD's number anyways. 15 is Nokelainen's.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:10 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
51 is DD's number anyways. 15 is Nokelainen's.
i say he is going to wear 9 thats how many points he will get as a hab

Old
12-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Cookie007

its a swing for the fence move by PG...only good thing is he gave up a nobody in spacho.

just think about it, IF, big IF somehow kaberle rejuvenate his career here we have an amazing top 4...Markov, Subban, Gorges, Kaberle (remember he was in the same category as Markov just 2 years ago)...then we got Emelin, Diaz, Gill, Campoli to fill out.
I would probably trade Campoli/Weber for a tough D at the back. But having healthy Markov, Subban, Gorges resigned, and a rejuvenate Kaberle...wow that a scary defense.

2 years ago, people would say we have 3 top pair defensemen in markov, subban, kaberle and a solid 4th guy in gorges.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:12 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
i say he is going to wear 9 thats how many points he will get as a hab
why not 4 or 2 or 10..

Old
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I like Kaberle. I don't mind this move, I like it.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
its a swing for the fence move by PG...only good thing is he gave up a nobody in spacho.

just think about it, IF, big IF somehow kaberle rejuvenate his career here we have an amazing top 4...Markov, Subban, Gorges, Kaberle (remember he was in the same category as Markov just 2 years ago)...then we got Emelin, Diaz, Gill, Campoli to fill out.
I would probably trade Campoli/Weber for a tough D at the back. But having healthy Markov, Subban, Gorges resigned, and a rejuvenate Kaberle...wow that a scary defense.

2 years ago, people would say we have 3 top pair defensemen in markov, subban, kaberle and a solid 4th guy in gorges.
He was never in Markov's league. That was Leafs fans blowing smoke.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
larek

Quote:
why not 4 or 2 or 10..
its possible -- pretty sure he isnt going to wear 35

Old
12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
It doesn't make it sound, it was clear that we are, lol

I hope Kaberle goes back to his Toronto self, he was a VERY good offensive defenseman who logged big minutes too
He's 215 and blocked 140 shots last year with 47 pts. But he created zero offense in the playoffs, but he was strong in a supporting role defensively. Was he hurt?

Do I have a right to pretend I'm excited? Probably not, but I'll pretend anyway.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
jsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
im guessing he's gonna wear his usual number 15? 51 seems odd on him. or number 12?

He's going to wear number 22 tomorrow.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
He was a poor man's Markov offensively. Maybe not even that much worse. Similar but with a lesser shot. Defensively it was never even close.

Don't forget Markov was a good defender. Kaberle never was.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Cookie007

Quote:
what do u mean? markov career high is 64 pts, kaberle is 68. offensively he close, its just defensively i'd take a healthy markov easily. but will we ever see a healthy markov, thats a totally nother story.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You remind me of my prior boss who told me I was crazy when I told him around autumn 09 that gold would reach 1500 before the US economy would even come close to recovering. He told me "Gold will NEVER reach 1500".

Also, I guess we would've been way better off by not trying to find a replacement for Markov when he got injured. Geez, your MVP goes down, what the hell would you do?

Oh right, I just remembered, I'm talking to the guy who wants us to tank, yet doesn't understand the economic reality of the Habs, not only for themselves, but for the league.

Don't bother responding, keep peddling your BS to other people.
Please tell us again how Markov is going to come back and lead us to greatness again like you did three years ago, and then two years ago and then last year and then six months ago...

Yeah, don't worry that knee will be fine....

And you have your analogies backwards here. You keep trying to get us to buy Canadiens stock and it continues to go nowhere... Putting our money in Gold (ie. picks and prospects) would've been the smarter thing to do.

Yeah, yeah I know... wait until Markov comes back right?

Old
12-09-2011, 11:17 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
He's 215 and blocked 140 shots last year with 47 pts. But he created zero offense in the playoffs, but he was strong in a supporting role defensively. Was he hurt?

Do I have a right to pretend I'm excited? Probably not, but I'll pretend anyway.
and i have the feeling you will pretend to be dissapointed!! i just dont see what this move will get The team? maybe 7th or 8th at best?Maybe -ive watched several cane games this season- that D kaberle played this season makes bergeron look like rod langway- hes going to have to get quite a few assists to be a plus

Old
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Cookie007

im just wondering wat did people think we would get for a jaroslav spacek..THE GREAT SPACHO? 1st round? 2nd round?

most likely a 6th round, or a C-level prospect, but what help does that do to our team right now?

Old
12-09-2011, 11:20 PM
mytor4*

Love this move. Kabs will help spark the PP.Great breakout pass to our speedy forwards.
Will P.K on the PP if our stupid coach is smart enough to put them out together.
So happy with this trade i'm already trying to deal for Kabs in our hockey pool.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Doyle

Kaberle Trade: Leap of Faith or Panic Move?
http://nhlhotstove.com/kaberle-trade...or-panic-move/

Old
12-09-2011, 11:22 PM
larek

Quote:
im just wondering wat did people think we would get for a jaroslav spacek..THE GREAT SPACHO? 1st round? 2nd round?

most likely a 6th round, or a C-level prospect, but what help does that do to our team right now?
i thought spacek would finsih the year in montreal and habs would have that money for next season-maybew use it to addsome toughness for Yemelin on the d crew

Old
12-09-2011, 11:24 PM
neofury*

Quote:
He had a 67pt season...

Old
12-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Cookie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
i thought spacek would finsih the year in montreal and habs would have that money for next season-maybew use it to addsome toughness for Yemelin on the d crew
lmao...this is PG and JM here, toughness...LMAFOOOOOOO c'mon now smarten up bro.

Old
12-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

Great Move IMO. Check out these numbers over the last 7 years:

2005-06 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 82 9 58 67
2006-07 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 74 11 47 58
2007-08 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 82 8 45 53
2008-09 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 57 4 27 31 (45 point rate over a full season)
2009-10 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 82 7 42 49
2010-11 Toronto & Boston B NHL 82 4 43 47
2011-12 Carolina Hurricanes NHL 29 0 9 9 (25 point rate over a full season)

He's only sucked this year but you could easily argue that the whole Carolina team has been horrible

Old
12-09-2011, 11:26 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Please tell us again how Markov is going to come back and lead us to greatness again like you did three years ago, and then two years ago and then last year and then six months ago...

Yeah, don't worry that knee will be fine....

And you have your analogies backwards here. You keep trying to get us to buy Canadiens stock and it continues to go nowhere... Putting our money in Gold (ie. picks and prospects) would've been the smarter thing to do.

Yeah, yeah I know... wait until Markov comes back right?
He said don't bother responding are you blind?

Old
12-09-2011, 11:27 PM
larek

Quote:
lmao...this is PG and JM here, toughness...LMAFOOOOOOO c'mon now smarten up bro.
LOL- i know- -i hope-LOL i hope habs get Dagenais back

Old
12-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Marchy79

I like the deal... I guess I am in the minority here...

Kaberle IMO will fit in just fine here. He's much better than advertised (seemingly all over), and has some serious skills. He was a Hab killer in Toronto.

The guy wasn't happy about leaving Toronto last season. He wanted to be a lifer. The trade talk was extended for what? 2 years? Then the expectations werent met (I dont know what was expected, nor do I really care... It's the Bruins).

What I know about Kaberle is he has a very precise shot he does not use enough, BUT is a good set up man, passing is his game. He is not very far removed from being considered a top level offensive d-man in the NHL, and IMO He WILL get back there from here. Seriouosly, he literally went from overrate to severely underrated too quickly for me to think the skills are gone.

Boston simply was not the greatest fit for Tomas. First off, he was a LEAF at heart. IMO the trade inter-division IMO hurt him a bit. It was almost immmediately that he looked like a square peg in a circle position, and never recovered from that.
Then you have Carolina, which was looking like Toronto-lite (Brent, Poni et al)... Considering he's only what? 29 games in to his Carolina career before the trade, IMO he wasn't fitting in there either. Carolina is having some serious problems though... I do believe it extends well past Kaberle.

I bet many are asking why do I believe he'll fit in here?

OPTIONS my friends... OPTIONS. Camm, Cole, Desi, Kosty, Gio, Eller, Patches, Heck, even Gomez...
Then his partners, Subs, Markie, Emelin, Weber, et al.

This team has way more options than Carolina did, and needs Kaberle a whole lot more completely than Boston did. Square peg, Square hole. I think we hold the right tools to make him succeed here. More so than Spacek.
Furthermore, he's one year removed from Toronto. Im betting the shock of the trade is gone, and is now filled with a mission to destroy the Leafs. He MIGHT even have an agenda to beat the Bruins now too

Im stoked to see him skate a lap in our jersey. I thought he'd be a beautiful piece on the point for a LONG time now.

Closed Thread