Notices

Shane Doan with Pevs and Kelly

Old
12-11-2011, 07:21 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
I agree with you there Dojji, I could see the Bruins package their pick and maybe a guy like Caron or Hamil or Cross whatever to move up in the draft.
Not sure I give up a Cross before he`s even shown what he`s capable of at the pro level, what little I have read has stated how well he`s played and how well he asserted himself at the "Rookie" camp this past year too. Were about to see what kind of depth this team has on it`s back end when Kampfer steps in, tell ya one thing, I`m terrified.

Does anyone really think that the Yotes will take on a guy like a Hamill at this point with already having another high draft pick in Turris doing nothing?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Seguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post

Does anyone really think that the Yotes will take on a guy like a Hamill at this point with already having another high draft pick in Turris doing nothing?
Completely different situations. Turris doesn't want to be in Phoenix, I'm sure Hamill would kill to be in his position... And I can't imagine he'd give them less production.

Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 08:10 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
Completely different situations. Turris doesn't want to be in Phoenix, I'm sure Hamill would kill to be in his position... And I can't imagine he'd give them less production.
I know the situation, and although I do believe that Hamill will be an NHL`er for someone, with little to nothing produced at the AHL level, and outside of a few decent NHL games, I would doubt his name in even on the radar of 29 other NHL teams with all due respect to Crossfire`s boy.

It isn`t like he`d be the final piece to securing a deal IMO, I like Doan, but I liked the Doan of 5-6 years ago, the Doan of today is a nice piece, but a way too expensive one and there`s no reason to even pursue him IMO.

Old
12-11-2011, 09:02 AM
bigcat188

Pouliot has has picked up his game and been pretty good as of late.

bigcat188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I think this team needs another NHL calibre D-man more than an upgrade of the 3rd line wing for the playoffs. Preferably a Top-4 one (we only have 3 of those imo), but they don't grow on trees. As of now, if one of our d-men goes down for an extended period of time, we are basically playing 5 D + 5 mins of Kampfer... not exactly an intriguing thought.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Sick of Pouliot as our 3rd line winger...

Thinking Doan would be a perfect fit in his spot (he is UFA next year).

Would it be worth making a pitch here?

Pouliot can be our 13th forward...

Thinking prospects/draft picks...
Pouliot has been coming along. Doan would be nice but at what price?

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Lam7825
Go Goldy Go!

I love Shane Doan, but I don't see that move happening for a lot of reasons. One, he's the franchise in Phoenix. Hence, the NMC contract. He and his family are quite happy on the ranch there outside Glendale. Seems to me they live there year round.

Two, he's a step slower than he was years ago in his prime (see also: Iginla, his junior teammate). If he came here just to win a Cup, then that'd be different. He'd be the modern Raymond Bourque story. Wouldn't want to overpay for him though.

Interesting thought- but can't see it happening. Would he really want to leave Phoenix, and where does he fit on the Bruins? Now, if the Yotes re-locate to Quebec City.....maybe then you can talk. But I'd bet a bunch of other teams would love to pay for his leadership and experience too, especially younger, rebuilding teams.

p.s. Pouliot's picked up his game of late- don't think it's fair to dump on him these days.

Lam7825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam7825 View Post
p.s. Pouliot's picked up his game of late- don't think it's fair to dump on him these days.
Fairness has never mattered here. He could dominate for a month, but let him miss his assignment once because he's playing soft, and the confirmation bias party will commence in earnest.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
bigbadbruins1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Not sure I give up a Cross before he`s even shown what he`s capable of at the pro level, what little I have read has stated how well he`s played and how well he asserted himself at the "Rookie" camp this past year too. Were about to see what kind of depth this team has on it`s back end when Kampfer steps in, tell ya one thing, I`m terrified.

I agree with you Dojji I would like to see Zack Hamill included into the deal along with Jordan Carron and Josh Hennessy ...

bigbadbruins1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1966 View Post
I agree with you Dojji I would like to see Zack Hamill included into the deal along with Jordan Carron and Josh Hennessy ...
These most recent callups tell me that Chia and Co. have all but accepted that Hamill just can`t do it here. That doesn`t mean in any way that he couldn`t play a solid role elsewhere, just in this system/organization he`s done little to impress.

Caron`s not at all dynamic, but he does the little things that go often unnoticed by fans but appreciated by coaches, very well, and with CJ behind the bench, that will speak volumes.

Old
02-22-2012, 07:24 AM
bigbadbruins1

I think Doan and Horton have similar styles of play, and he would be a great fill in since I heard on the sports hub that Horton isn't anywhere close to returning (gulp). He's also a veteran presence similar to Recchi so I think he would be a great addition if he could be had for the right price. I would do a spooner/knight, a 1st and a B prospect. We don't have to ship out any roster players, as moving savard to LTIR would grant us more than enough salary to take on Doan.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:36 AM
TCL40

Pretty sure the Coyotes are not going to trade their to players away when they are in a playoff spot or even right on the playoff bubble unless it is to trade for a roster player with more skill.

I don't think this would be a bad trade in the sense of the player acquired, but I don't think it is a realistic one.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 07:46 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
Pretty sure the Coyotes are not going to trade their to players away when they are in a playoff spot or even right on the playoff bubble unless it is to trade for a roster player with more skill.

I don't think this would be a bad trade in the sense of the player acquired, but I don't think it is a realistic one.
Agree here, and I`ll suggest this is the exact reason why I don`t see anything that resembles a big deal of any kind out there this deadline. I could see Carter to the Kings as they have all the necessary pieces to do it, I don`t see Nash moving at all, loads of rumours about Burke aquiring him but what the Leafs need, is someone up the middle, and if they aquire Nash, I have to think that a Kessel/Lupul or Grabovski is gone.

I`m still not sure why, regardless if the Leafs are in a playoff spot, Nash would accept a trade there?

I`ll wager Nash/Weber/Suter/Parise/ don`t budge one inch from their teams

Old
02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Fire Julien

Phoenix isn't selling. You won't get a good player without giving one in return.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

I 100% support Shane Doan on this team at nearly any cost.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post

You can count the teams that are out of the running on the fingers of one hand. To say sellers are in short supply is putting it mildly.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
hoss75

Yes ,a 4.5 million dollar guy is gonna be an upgrade from a 1 million dollar guy 19 times out of 20.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
Phoenix isn't selling. You won't get a good player without giving one in return.
7th place in the West. Just got Vermette for their playoffs push. They certainly are not selling. Forget about Doan and Withney.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:24 PM
missingchicklet

Agree about Doan. Very nice player, but there is no way Phoenix will part ways with him. He's too important to them.

missingchicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Neely08

Doan would be a sweet pick up this summer.

Sick hockey player, leadership, would be a perfect Bruin in that crafty vet role.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote