HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

New "Go Flyers" Song??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
  #1
Flyers1974
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 27
vCash: 500
New "Go Flyers" Song??

The Werps were a 60s garage band. They had a few gems along the way, mostly
obscure ones. But there is one that is a favorite cult 60s song called "Love's a
Fire" but if you listen it sounds like "Go Flyers!" There are three sources:
Garage Hangover, YouTube/Music and this link on
vimeo: http://vimeo.com/11977103 the video for this one is a cult 60s movie called
SuperArgo vs Diabolicus. The song itself is kind of cool with the trumpet as
the lead instead of a good old Strat, but then the Hammond B3 kicks in. Really manic. Great vocals, early punk.

I listen to this song to get myself revved up for a Flyers game whether on TV or radio.

Garage Hangover has probably 400-500 bands with over a 1000 obscure songs
if anyone is interested. Goes by state, so if you are in your late 50s to mid 60s
you might have heard some of these bands at your local high school or battle of
the bands. One of my favs were the Bucaneer's from Stroudsburg, PA.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 12-10-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Flyers1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
  #2
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Not there -- "page not found" -- and they try to have you drag item to get 'free trial'... I ain't gonna go that route to seek out his song.

Any way you can supply a direct link to check it out... or, better yet, embed something to play?



... BTW: Since they have gone the Soccer/(Football) route with the Union's Doop goal song, why not follow song English teams that us "Glad All Over" which is also a '60s upbeat song?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
  #3
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Never mind... I can't get this YouTube embedded.


Last edited by Sawdalite: 12-09-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:09 PM
  #4
Fenza
G-Rouxnit
 
Fenza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: State College, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Here's the song. I got page not found in the OP too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HsV04uj9G8

Fenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 04:15 PM
  #5
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Op, take the ";" out of the link and itll work.

This song did the opposite of get me pumped for hockey.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
  #6
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgantown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
sorry but... yuck

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2011, 08:32 PM
  #7
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1974 View Post
The Werps were a 60s garage band. They had a few gems along the way, mostly
obscure ones. But there is one that is a favorite cult 60s song called "Love's a
Fire" but if you listen it sounds like "Go Flyers!" There are three sources:
Garage Hangover, YouTube/Music and this link on
vimeo: http://vimeo.com/11977103; the video for this one is a cult 60s movie called
SuperArgo vs Diabolicus. The song itself is kind of cool with the trumpet as
the lead instead of a good old Strat, but then the Hammond B3 kicks in. Really manic. Great vocals, early punk.

I listen to this song to get myself revved up for a Flyers game whether on TV or radio.

Garage Hangover has probably 400-500 bands with over a 1000 obscure songs
if anyone is interested. Goes by state, so if you are in your late 50s to mid 60s
you might have heard some of these bands at your local high school or battle of
the bands. One of my favs were the Bucaneer's from Stroudsburg, PA.
I always wondered what it would be like if the Doors sucked @ playing music.

This thread has answered that question for me.... apparently they would've been named the Werps and produced a song called "Love's a fire".

How in the name of god does this get you hyped for a Flyers game? It's a 60s hippie love song. There is absolutely nothing exciting about this. It doesn't make me want to scream my lungs out for the flyers, it makes me want to drop acid to make the song slightly more tolerable.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 12:47 AM
  #8
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I always wondered what it would be like if the Doors sucked @ playing music.

This thread has answered that question for me.... apparently they would've been named the Werps and produced a song called "Love's a fire".

How in the name of god does this get you hyped for a Flyers game? It's a 60s hippie love song. There is absolutely nothing exciting about this. It doesn't make me want to scream my lungs out for the flyers, it makes me want to drop acid to make the song slightly more tolerable.
That reminds me of a joke.
Q: What did the deadhead say when the acid wore off?
A: "What the hell is that noise???"

Otherwise, I agree about the song. It doesn't even really sound like they say "Go Flyers!" like the OP purports. The only thing I liked about the clip I listened ever so sparingly to, was the sound of wow and flutter. I miss wow and flutter. Stupid digital age.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 09:05 AM
  #9
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,209
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
I always wondered what it would be like if the Doors sucked @ playing music.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 10:32 PM
  #10
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1974 View Post
The Werps were a 60s garage band. They had a few gems along the way, mostly
obscure ones. But there is one that is a favorite cult 60s song called "Love's a
Fire" but if you listen it sounds like "Go Flyers!" There are three sources:
Garage Hangover, YouTube/Music and this link on
vimeo: http://vimeo.com/11977103; the video for this one is a cult 60s movie called
SuperArgo vs Diabolicus. The song itself is kind of cool with the trumpet as
the lead instead of a good old Strat, but then the Hammond B3 kicks in. Really manic. Great vocals, early punk.

I listen to this song to get myself revved up for a Flyers game whether on TV or radio.

Garage Hangover has probably 400-500 bands with over a 1000 obscure songs
if anyone is interested. Goes by state, so if you are in your late 50s to mid 60s
you might have heard some of these bands at your local high school or battle of
the bands. One of my favs were the Bucaneer's from Stroudsburg, PA.
Anything's better than that Orange and Black song.

P.S. word wrap

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:04 PM
  #11
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
Anything's better than that Orange and Black song.

P.S. word wrap
No, honestly, this is worse. Much worse.

This makes the Orange and the Black song look like it was written by John Lennon.

This might just be the worst song I've ever heard.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:12 PM
  #12
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,014
vCash: 500
Suggested Flyer songs:
  • Theme from M*A*S*H
  • Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
  • Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
  • Virus - Iron Maiden
  • I Need a Doctor - Eminem

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2011, 11:31 PM
  #13
WeekendAtBernies
Registered User
 
WeekendAtBernies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Suggested Flyer songs:
  • Theme from M*A*S*H
  • Brain Damage - Pink Floyd
  • Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
  • Virus - Iron Maiden
  • I Need a Doctor - Eminem



WELL DONE SIR!!!!

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:21 AM
  #14
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
No, honestly, this is worse. Much worse.

This makes the Orange and the Black song look like it was written by John Lennon.

This might just be the worst song I've ever heard.
Haha, I didn't even listen to it. That's how much I hate O&B or whatever the song is called.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:53 PM
  #15
cheesesteak
Registered User
 
cheesesteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
They need to bring back na na na na hey hey hey when we're winning. I was watching a old game on CSN I think it was game 6 of the 84-85 ECF vs Quebec. The whole stadium seemed to do it, and it wasn't half ass! Gave me the chills...bring it back.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.