HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Wings are playing in europe during the lockout?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
kov

vCash: 500
Which Wings are playing in europe during the lockout?

I read that Datsyuk is signed up with Dinamo, what about the other euro-players, anybody know where they'll play?

Old
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
shadoz19

Zetterberg and Holmstrom are playing in Sweden. Fischer is supposed to play in the Czech league once he recovers. Outside of that I don't know of anyone else.

Old
09-22-2004, 02:53 PM
kov

Oh, nevermind ...

Found it myself at TSN ... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=9951

Czech Republic (47 players)
Liberec: Jiri Fischer, Detroit; Ales Kotalik, Buffalo; Radim Vrbata, Carolina; Vaclav Nedorost, Florida.

Norway (1 player)

Valerenga: Anders Myrvold, Detroit.

Russia (23 players)

Dynamo Moscow: Maxim Afinogenov, Buffalo; Andrei Markov, Montreal; Artem Chubarov, Vancouver; Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit; Alexander Khavanov, St. Louis.

Sweden (30 players)

Lulea: Niclas Wallin, Carolina; Tomas Holmstrom, Detroit.
Timra: Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary; Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit.

A notable absence was Lidstrom. Did I miss him somewhere or is he just enjoying a long vacation?

Old
09-22-2004, 03:06 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kov
A notable absence was Lidstrom. Did I miss him somewhere or is he just enjoying a long vacation?
Check the Free Press. They had an article on him. He is either not going to Sweden or waiting until at least January. I can't remember which.

www.freep.com

Old
09-22-2004, 10:17 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Yeah, Lids said something that he will make a decision around Jan. if he is going to play somewhere else. For now he just wanted to get his kids back into school. Man this sucks without hockey.

Old
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Marc Lamothe is also playing in Europe - somewhere in Russia, I believe. But you are most definitely right- the lockout if driving me nuts!

Come back Pavel! I miss you!

Old
09-23-2004, 02:46 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
Come back Pavel! I miss you!
Your sweetie will be back soon enough, Kira.

Old
09-23-2004, 10:17 PM
JacksonGalaxy

Lamothe is playing in Europe, but he's no longer Wings property.. He signed with a Russian team earlier this summer. Anders Myrvold isn't our property anymore either. I think he's playing in Norway just for the lockout though, but when he returns he'll be an unrestricted free agent.

Anybody know what the deal with Datsyuk is? I think his lockout contract had a clause where if he wasn't signed by September 15th or something, he'd spend the entire season with Dynamo.. and since I'm pretty sure he hasn't been re-signed yet, I'm wondering if we won't have Datsyuk for the rest of the year once/if the CBA is resolved. Anybody have a clue? I haven't heard a thing.

Old
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Planet
Lamothe is playing in Europe, but he's no longer Wings property.

Anybody know what the deal with Datsyuk is? I think his lockout contract had a clause where if he wasn't signed by September 15th or something, he'd spend the entire season with Dynamo.. and since I'm pretty sure he hasn't been re-signed yet, I'm wondering if we won't have Datsyuk for the rest of the year once/if the CBA is resolved. Anybody have a clue? I haven't heard a thing.
It's a shame Lamothe hasn't gotten a shot at the NHL. He was more than solid at GR and looked good in his one stint with the Wings last season. He isn't going to be all-world, but I think he could be a very dependable backup at the NHL level.

As for Datsyuk, I remember Datsyuk and his agent contradicting eachother awhile back. Datsyuk had a quote about being able to come back whenever but his agent was more hesitant on the matter. I think the whole "must sign by the 15th" thing was just a ploy to try to pry a few more bucks out of Ilitch's wallet.

Old
09-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoz19
Check the Free Press. They had an article on him. He is either not going to Sweden or waiting until at least January. I can't remember which.

www.freep.com
If Nicklas played in Sweden now he would later (after 183 days in Sweden) be forced to pay 1,5% in tax of his total fortune. That´s why guys like Lidström, Alfredsson, Näslund, Nylander, Sundin aren´t playing in Sweden, they are all waiting until January 1st. Except for Nylander who went to Finland of course.

Old
09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
If Nicklas played in Sweden now he would later (after 183 days in Sweden) be forced to pay 1,5% in tax of his total fortune. That´s why guys like Lidström, Alfredsson, Näslund, Nylander, Sundin aren´t playing in Sweden, they are all waiting until January 1st. Except for Nylander who went to Finland of course.
Well, that makes sense but why did Forsberg go then?

Old
09-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Maybe he will stay in Sweden ?

Old
09-27-2004, 05:14 PM
Kronblom

Quote:
It´s obvius - he doesn´t care about the money. He has so much money on the bank anyways...

Daniel Alfredsson was said to be playing for Frölunda Indians but he went home to Canada a few days ago, he can´t afford to play in Sweden...! I guess some players have lost some certain values in life, but as for Nicklas Lidström I assume his children (school?) may play a part in his decision as well.

Old
09-27-2004, 08:44 PM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
As far as I know, Pavel has said he wants to play here, and he's only going to play in Russia til the CBA is a done deal, and then, as he says, he's "Coming home" to play. I'm sure he'll sign on the dotted line...

Old
09-27-2004, 10:15 PM
doublejack

I could be wrong on this (it's been a couple months since the story) but the way I understood it was that Pavel's Russian contract had an escape clause. His agent implied that the clause would only take affect if he were signed by the Wings before the lockout. Now whether that was a bargaining ploy our not I'm not sure.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom
It´s obvius - he doesn´t care about the money. He has so much money on the bank anyways...

Daniel Alfredsson was said to be playing for Frölunda Indians but he went home to Canada a few days ago, he can´t afford to play in Sweden...! I guess some players have lost some certain values in life, but as for Nicklas Lidström I assume his children (school?) may play a part in his decision as well.

Kronblom is this a one time tax or a yearly tax?

Old
09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Kronblom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
Kronblom is this a one time tax or a yearly tax?
Every year.

The swedish newspaper Expressen had a story about Peter Forsberg today where they estimated that he will be forced to pay 7 000 000 SEK at the end of the year. That´s almost 1 000 000 USD.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=189614

- Jag har bestämt mig för att spela en hel säsong i Modo och då blir det så här. Jag har inte kommit hem för pengarnas skull, utan för att spela i Modo.
- I have decided to play a full season with MoDo and this is how it is. I haven´t gone home for the money, but to play for MoDo.

– Jag har också förståelse för att andra NHL-spelare väljer att komma hem först efter nyår, för att undvika förmögenhetsskatten.
- I understand completly other NHL-players who choose to come home after new year, to avoid the fortune tax..

Old
09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Petey21

I found a large pic of Zetterberg playing for Timrå (the other guys in the pic are Peter Forsberg and Miikka Kiprussoff), note their jerseys that look almost identical to the Wings jerseys (minus the ads of course).

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...7_1024x768.jpg

Old
09-30-2004, 08:48 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21
I found a large pic of Zetterberg playing for Timrå (the other guys in the pic are Peter Forsberg and Miikka Kiprussoff), note their jerseys that look almost identical to the Wings jerseys (minus the ads of course).

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...7_1024x768.jpg
Anybody know where I can buy a Timra Zetterberg jersey?

Old
10-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Petey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Anybody know where I can buy a Timra Zetterberg jersey?
I don't know if they ship outside of Sweden or not, but you can check out their official online store, there's an email address at the bottom left, write them and ask if they do that. Hopefully they'll help you out.

Timrå's Official Webshop

Old
10-03-2004, 10:56 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
I don't know if they ship outside of Sweden or not, but you can check out their official online store, there's an email address at the bottom left, write them and ask if they do that. Hopefully they'll help you out.

Timrå's Official Webshop
The info is very much appreciated. Thanks

Old
10-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Petey21

Here's another large pic I just found of Zetterberg, from the game last night against Djurgården.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/ph...8_1024x768.jpg

By the way, Dan, did you contact Timrå regarding a jersey yet? Do they actually ship abroad or not?

Old
10-08-2004, 03:08 PM
name

Quote:
Here's another large pic I just found of Zetterberg, from the game last night against Djurgården.

By the way, Dan, did you contact Timrå regarding a jersey yet? Do they actually ship abroad or not?
If they do, I'd be interested in ordering some stuff. Maybe it will make a difference if they realize that there's interest in the States. It looks like the address one could mail questions to is info@neh.se. I'd do it myself, but I don't speak a lick of Swedish.

Old
10-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Petey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by name
If they do, I'd be interested in ordering some stuff. Maybe it will make a difference if they realize that there's interest in the States. It looks like the address one could mail questions to is info@neh.se. I'd do it myself, but I don't speak a lick of Swedish.
Ask away in English, no problems, since English is mandatory in Swedish schools literally all Swedes know English more or less (well maybe not really old people and small kids). So fire away some emails and let them know there's interest overseas.

Old
10-08-2004, 06:18 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:

I'm having a hard time navigating through the site. I can't click on any of the pictures there to do anything. Any suggestions? Finally got it to do something and I saw jerseys that are 495 KR. Not sure if there is any extra charge to get a players name on top of that price. Does anyone one know what the exchange rate is or where I can find an email address to ask about price, player name andif possible to ship to North America? Thanks guys

Last edited by ALF AmericanLionsFan: 10-08-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread