HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Arma 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
  #1
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 807
Arma 2

What is Arma 2?
Arma 2 is a military simulator. The game takes place on the countryside in Czech Republic (It is called Chernarus in game), and the playing area is around 225 square kilometer. When you play Arma 2, you can create your own missions, simulate battles and wars. There is a huge amount of weapons and diffrent kinds of veichles. This game is also dynamic, which means that each time you play, your gameplay will be diffrent.





Thoughts? Impressions? Who plays this game? Share your experiences!

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:55 AM
  #2
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 807
I had a great run last night. I traveled 6km on a motorbike and ended up next to a enemy car and tank. They started to shoot at me so i had to go offroad, there i could not drive my motorbike so i had to run and take cover in this forest. There, bombs started to fall and there where explosions everywhere. I started to see soldiers rush towards me, i killed two of them, then there were 10+ infront of me and i was killed
Next time i play a mission like that, i need to be more careful

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:04 AM
  #3
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 807
Consider how large the DayZ thread is, i was hoping for that there would be more Arma 2 players than me on this forum

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:28 AM
  #4
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Consider how large the DayZ thread is, i was hoping for that there would be more Arma 2 players than me on this forum
Well I like Day Z a lot but it has a lot of gameplay issues and wonky controls. I don't know if I could get into an FPS that has them. I'm hoping Arma 3 makes the game a lot smoother and refines the gameplay.

But I applaud any game that takes realism to this level.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:20 AM
  #5
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Well I like Day Z a lot but it has a lot of gameplay issues and wonky controls. I don't know if I could get into an FPS that has them. I'm hoping Arma 3 makes the game a lot smoother and refines the gameplay.

But I applaud any game that takes realism to this level.
Arma 2 is not like that at all. Sure, driving is wierd, the game has complex controlls, and you still have to use the scroll wheel when you want to do something, but trust me, Arma 2 is a lot smoother then Dayz.

The majority of your gameplay will be, runing, walking, driving, shooting and outsmarting your opponent. It is not that wonky once you get used to it.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:11 AM
  #6
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?
 
RobBrown4PM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,876
vCash: 500
I played it for years and years, specifically with the ACE Mod.

I have been meaning to reinstall it and OA, but I have been having problems with my CD player, and my coot of ARMA 2 is on CD while My copy of OA is on Steam.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:16 PM
  #7
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Arma 2 is not like that at all. Sure, driving is wierd, the game has complex controlls, and you still have to use the scroll wheel when you want to do something, but trust me, Arma 2 is a lot smoother then Dayz.

The majority of your gameplay will be, runing, walking, driving, shooting and outsmarting your opponent. It is not that wonky once you get used to it.
That's interesting I'll have to check it out then, I heard about all the tactical operations people run and it sounds pretty badass.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:32 PM
  #8
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
That's interesting I'll have to check it out then, I heard about all the tactical operations people run and it sounds pretty badass.
It also depends on your computer offcourse. In first person, my Arma is not that smooth most of the time, but when i switch to third person, the game feels and runs so much better

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.