HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

2012 NHL Entry Draft Mock

Old
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM
ottawasenators31
Rookie User

vCash: 500
hey im new to this place my english is kinda garbage so im very sorry if some of u dont understand :/ personaly ottawah is right, cody ceci to me could go anywhere in this draft. he can end up getting picked 5th overall to 20th overall. but ive seen him play before. id think he will be in the top 15.

ottawasenators31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:58 PM
shao01

Loving the Grigenson pick for Montreal.

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
JL5791
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Am I the only one who can see Columbus taking Grigorenko instead of Yakupov? I think his skill-set is something they need. And this is not me hoping that means Yakupov falls to us, as I doubt we even finish top 5 (unfortunately). Just...I think that if Columbus picks first, it won't be Yakupov going first overall...
You don't draft on need, ESPECIALLY at first overall. You pick the best player available. They will pick Yakupov. They're not passing on a franchise player because they need a center more than a winger.

JL5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
JL5791
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
1.CBJ - F Nail Yakupov
Need a d-man more, but way too talented to pass up. Should really revive their franchise.
2.AHM - D Ryan Murray
With a good young top line and prospects like Etem,Holland and Palmieri I think their top-6 is set with that. Fowler is great, but his defense isn't so great and they have a thin blue line. Ryan Murray should be an elite d-man who is good all around.
3.NYI - D Matt Dumba
With many good young forwards like Tavares,Grabner,Strome,Niederreiter etc.
4.CAR - F Mikhail Grigorenko
Skinner and Staal certainly need help and I think their defense is in better condition right now and Grigorenko gives great value.
5.TBL - D Morgan Rielly
With Stamkos leading the way and Connolly there I think they would draft a d-man here. Hedman is good, but is more defensive and Rielly will bring a lot of offense and steady defense as well.
6.WSH - D Cody Ceci
The rich get richer. With already 3 top forwards and Kunzetsov coming and Johansson I think they would benefit more with a d-man.
7.EDM- D Jacob Trouba
Great young forwards so they add to their defense with a top prospect this time.
8.CGY - F Alex Galchenyuk
They get very fortunate here and finally get their #1 center in Galchenyuk. He's not as good as Yakupov or Grigorenko offensively, but brings a two-way game which seperates him.
9.OTT - F Filip Forsberg
Another fortunate team here. They have a good young d-man core, so now they get a top forward prospect to add to Zibanejad,Puempel and Noesen.
10.WPG - D Griffin Reinhart
With a good set of young forwards in Kane,Burmistrov,Little,Ladd,Scheifele and Wheeler they should look to add a d-man. Enstrom and Byfuglien are good offensive d-man, but they could use another good all around d-man. Bogosian is good, but doesn't look like he'll live up to expectations when he was drafted. Reinhart is a big d-man who is mobile and is good on both ends.
11.LA - D Slater Koekoek
Surprisingly such a struggling team and picking here at this point. Doughty and Johnson need help and Koekoek can bring that.
12.MTL - F Pontus Aberg
A small and skilled forward is exactly what they like so i can see this pick happening. Aberg is definitely a wild card.
13.NJD - D Olli Maatta
Adam Larsson was a huge addition, but you need more than that. He brings a lot of offense and good defense too, but this would bring a lot more defense to the team.
14.BUF - D Derrick Pouliot
A great set of forwards, so I think they go with this good d-man. Doesn't bring a lot of defense, but does with offense.
You should never draft 18 year olds based on team need. Every pick, you have a team considering their organizations before making picks. Unless a D_man and F are equal, you pick the best player available.

JL5791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL5791 View Post
You should never draft 18 year olds based on team need. Every pick, you have a team considering their organizations before making picks. Unless a D_man and F are equal, you pick the best player available.
Need does have to come into drafting too.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
TMLife
#teambernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Need does have to come into drafting too.
Only if your GM is a ******. Obviously every team has a list different than other teams, but if the top player on your list is a defenseman and you have a million D prospects you take the BPA End of story.

TMLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:14 AM
spfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Only if your GM is a ******. Obviously every team has a list different than other teams, but if the top player on your list is a defenseman and you have a million D prospects you take the BPA End of story.
Well CBJ did that in 2010 taking Ryan Johansen. I'd say it has worked out fine for them.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Hall2Nuge2Yak

Reilly goes before Koekkoek

Hall2Nuge2Yak is offline   Reply With Quote