HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators vs. Canucks | December, 10, 2011

Old
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
The Fuhr

vCash: 500
That 5-3 we had in the third was complete garbage... need to shoot the puck and get shots on net... someone has to take charge there and put it on net. Like Spezza... he has a good shot and can create a shot on goal instead of looking for the perfect pass.

Karlssons shot is booming as well... get him a one timer... if the D blocks the shot he will be broken

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Talk about adding insult to injury.
seriously I am heart broken that some random internet poster doesn't like my team

WHAT WILL I DO NOW?

Tubby Tuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
The Fuhr

I liked Condras game... I really like him... I was a huge fan of Chris Kelly... was my favorite Sen. I see a lot of the same skill set in Condra.

He is going to be a very important role player. Type of player that will show up for the playoffs.

Old
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
That 5-3 we had in the third was complete garbage... need to shoot the puck and get shots on net... someone has to take charge there and put it on net. Like Spezza... he has a good shot and can create a shot on goal instead of looking for the perfect pass.
My target of criticism on that would be the defense needs to practice shooting from the point.. Every shot we had tonight seemed to go nowheres near the net.

Spezza on the other hand has been playing like crap the last 6-7 games...he's been picking up assists, but for 7M you should be expecting a goal every 2nd game or so. He definitely needs to step up, although I believe tonight Butler was on his line and this had to be Bobby's worst game that I've witnessed yet.

12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
I was at the game and I actually thought Rundblad played decent? Maybe it's cause I don't watch Sens games as often as I wish to.
He definitely struggled at moments but he's a rookie and he'll do that. He played solid most of the game and even generated some nice chances that most of our team's top players weren't doing. There's a lot of positive to gain from watching him but remember that he's going to make mistakes as a rookie. Karlsson is still making the same mistakes 2 years later so I don't understand why we can't also be patient with Rundblad.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 01:56 AM
The Latvian
#rooster #classless

I missed the second period, but honestly I don't think we played a terrible game.
Luongo was very solid and Anderson was okay. I feel like that was the difference. We applied some good pressure in the third, I'm fairly happy with the effort unlike thursdays game. The team played with a lot of intensity tonight.

Our PP needs to work it down low more. We always keep the play above the faceoff circle and try and find a shot there. It's easy to defend and that's why so many shots are missing or getting blocked from the point. We really lack movement on the PP. Bodies need to be moving. On a 5 on 3 I'd love to see Spezza take it at the hash marks and go around the net and find the D man across the ice or the forward at the post.

Canuck fans are so annoying though. This goes back to the first game of the season when we played them and extends to tonights game and the Foligno thread. More annoying than leaf fans.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:31 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Foligno you tank.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Romans12_12

Foligno was awesome tonight! I have been one of his harshest critics for some time now but he really stepped up a notch in my book tonight.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Magix

Canucks are such a joke, honestly can't believe I ever liked that team. Gonna enjoy watching them choke in the playoffs.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:22 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans12_12 View Post
Foligno was awesome tonight! I have been one of his harshest critics for some time now but he really stepped up a notch in my book tonight.
Amen. Even at the beginning of this season, I've always been hard on Foligno but all year he's been proving me wrong, and I'm loving it. He's been playing with an edge all season, and I really think it's doing great things for his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magix View Post
Canucks are such a joke, honestly can't believe I ever liked that team. Gonna enjoy watching them choke in the playoffs.
Well said. Reading their board is funny but kinda sad. You'd think they actually won something last year, and the "us against the world" schtick is so lame.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Bilbo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I liked Condras game... I really like him... I was a huge fan of Chris Kelly... was my favorite Sen. I see a lot of the same skill set in Condra.

He is going to be a very important role player. Type of player that will show up for the playoffs.
For some reason I never was a big fan of Chris Kelly. I don't know why, but I just couldn't warm up to him. I do really agree with you on Condra though. He plays a really smart game and will be an important role player for us. Every team needs these type of players and in the long run they are nearly s important a your top six stars. It's really fun watching these guys develop and it says a lot about the quality of the coaching staff we have down in Bingo.

Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 05:36 AM
krapsik

Fail. Not epic, but still a fail.
PP sucks big time, Spezza plays like .... . Rundblad really needs to Bingo time. Now we starts to understand, how important is Gonchar to this team. Why is Butler in the first line, after the Greening scores with Spezza ? I dont think we see Filatov in the near future. Something weard is in the MacLean-s head. Or he just execute GM-s order.

krapsik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:15 AM
salomonster

Couple comments.

Vancouver's game is much improved since the last game against the Senators. Although I hate the Canucks for the consistent diving, clutching and grabbing, you really could see that their game is in a different league to the young Senators.

I thought aside from Foligno, the Sens didn't really have much in terms of extra effort to lay the body. Sure Neil was out there but it would have been nice to see Ottawa's forcheckers be more on top of the Van D.

It's a good thing Ottawa doesn't play Van very often cause this is a team that could easily make me boil. The cheap shots and the consistent bikering by Latendresse and Burrows makes you want to punch them both inthe chops.

Although I don't see Van as a true cup threat, you can really see their depth. Which is something you could that Ottawa didn't have last night. Without Gongchar and Kuba (who would have thought) you really could see the youth in Ruunblad, Karlsson and Cowen although his game is pretty solid.

Where the hell was Z.Smith last night? This was the type of game that he needed to really step it up.

Also, was it just me or did anybody else notice that Ottawa couldn't complete a pass in the neutral zone last night and the pass was fine, it just seemed that pucks were never completely on the tape... always bobbeling and turn overs.

It's not going to get any easier this month but the Senators have to play a simple game. They also have be tougher on the body. Or at least some form of resistance much like Vancouver did to Ottawa.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:23 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
For some reason I never was a big fan of Chris Kelly. I don't know why, but I just couldn't warm up to him. I do really agree with you on Condra though. He plays a really smart game and will be an important role player for us. Every team needs these type of players and in the long run they are nearly s important a your top six stars. It's really fun watching these guys develop and it says a lot about the quality of the coaching staff we have down in Bingo.
Totally... but I am suprised a person could not warm up to Chris Kelly... dude was awesome.

One of the best penalty killers in the game... battled in the corners hard... crashed the net causing problems and being annoying... passed the puck well, making good decisions almost all the time... sure his finishing ability sucked but everything else he did made him so fun to watch.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Rooooooooooxxxanne*

Good game guys. I think the Foligno hit on Hodgson was clean btw.

You guys have a great group of young players coming up, Karlsson and Rundblad are going to be beauty's.

That being said, **** you Chris Neil!

See you guys next year!

Rooooooooooxxxanne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 08:20 AM
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik2Daniel View Post
Good game guys. I think the Foligno hit on Hodgson was clean btw.

You guys have a great group of young players coming up, Karlsson and Rundblad are going to be beauty's.

That being said, **** you Chris Neil!

See you guys next year!
Obviously he did his job, even the opposing fans are mad at him .

FightingIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Here are some pretty funny quotes from the Canucks after the game:

Quote:
"As far as that hit, i thought that was a fair hit," he said. "I am more concerned about the hit from (Chris) Neil on (Alex) Burrows where he tried to take his head off."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz1gFAjjLiK
Take his head off?

Quote:
"I think the league is going to look at that one," Kesler said. "That was his second head shot of the night. I'm falling and he deliberately goes at my head. That's the way I saw it."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz1gFAurmU6
Second head shot?

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Johnny Hanson

vCash: 50
What a waste of time reading this pgt was. That dylan sens fan needs to quit commenting on hockey when he obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Neiler was one of the few players to show up and play like he cares.

I thought cowen played great. Runblad was alright, but his mistakes looked worse because the canucks capitalized. Butler is garbage and should definitely not be in the lineup. Having said that, filatov shouldn't either. Konopka over both of them.

Final though - I consider myself to be a pretty even keeled fan. A hockey fan moreso than a fan of any one team in particular. Having grown up in the ottawa area, they are the team I follow closest but I like almost every team - with one exception, those darn canucks. I don't know how you could cheer for a team like that, the total opposite of what hockey is all about. Glad I won't have to see them again this year

Johnny Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
I never really understood the Vancouver hatred. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the cannucks for indoctrinating me last night. Burrrows, Lapeierre, and Kesler are whiniy *****es with little or no class. Kesler calling out foligno saying he was falling. ********. " how could he target your head if you were falling how would he have time to even figure that out?
The open door incident with Lappierre and burrows on winchster, no class or regard for the game. no integrety. Adnthen the sedin sisters both gotta take on Neil its like watching Gretzky and Kurrie fight together but a less talented version. I thought Mark Recchi was kinda over the line when he called them the most hated team. To you Mr. Recchi my apologies. To the Vancouver organization SUck IT!

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Hahaha, apparently Alfie took a dive last night when he get crosschecked in the shoulder/humerus area.... What Cuntnucks fans fail to realize is that Alfie doesn't wear full shoulder pads. That would hurt like a mother.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920

For old times sake.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
CR15

Really need more than just Foligno and Neil getting in and laying hits, a talented team like the Canucks break the puck out with ease when the majority of the forecheckers are coming in looking for a devestating stick check.

Team is soft for the most part adding Filatov to the line up just makes it worse/no way he unsurps anyone in the top 6... get him back to Bingo

Simplify the PP getting Ek a clean point shot or 2 would be nice.

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
FightingIrish
Total Lak of Respek

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mak View Post
I never really understood the Vancouver hatred. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the cannucks for indoctrinating me last night. Burrrows, Lapeierre, and Kesler are whiniy *****es with little or no class. Kesler calling out foligno saying he was falling. ********. " how could he target your head if you were falling how would he have time to even figure that out?
The open door incident with Lappierre and burrows on winchster, no class or regard for the game. no integrety. Adnthen the sedin sisters both gotta take on Neil its like watching Gretzky and Kurrie fight together but a less talented version. I thought Mark Recchi was kinda over the line when he called them the most hated team. To you Mr. Recchi my apologies. To the Vancouver organization SUck IT!
Quoted for truth, I honestly never understood the hatred towards Vancouver; I had them in one of favorite teams in the west for his year. Things change, I'd like to thank the Vancouver team/fans for opening my eyes.

/rant

FightingIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:02 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

You didn't know why everyone hates that team? Did you guys miss the last two playoffs? They are a great skilled club but the shenanigans makes them an embarrassment to the league. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Bruins murder them in the final, and liked seeing us try to goon it up last night. Just the Canucks fans whining on the interwebz makes it worth the loss. I ain't even mad.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Here are some pretty funny quotes from the Canucks after the game:

"I think the league is going to look at that one," Kesler said. "That was his second head shot of the night. I'm falling and he deliberately goes at my head. That's the way I saw it."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...#ixzz1gFAurmU6
Second head shot?
Mike Milbury's response to Kessler's complaint:

"That's a reason people don't like Vancouver. They say the wrong stuff at the wrong time and they embellish stuff."

Foligno on Kesler hit: "I think he sold it pretty good and the ref had to call it. I was disappointed to see that one called a penalty."

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote