HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #29 : Kings vs. Stars - Saturday, 12/10/’11 Post Game LOSS, Thoughts & Tidbits

Old
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
I'm just saying it's silly to say that because DL didn't win in San Jose has anything to do with what he's done in LA. To me, it looks like whoever the past/current GM of San Jose is can't get the job done either. Just like every past GM in LA. Everyone thinks Brian Burke is this genius GM but the only Cup he won was one he inherited from the GM before him. I just laugh at people who think a GM is the one that's out there on the ice making plays and scoring goals. Some of you need to watch the movie Moneyball to realize a GM doesn't have to bring in the best players to win. It's the players who need to perform and win games. Why the players on this team always get a pass from the fans is beyond me.
Responsibility must be shared, for sure.

At this point, I lean more toward Murray for two reasons. First, I actually like the Kings' lineup. There are a lot of good players on the team. They're not world-beaters, but I--like so many others and perhaps foolishly--thought that this was a team that had a substantial chance of winning in the playoffs. The goaltending and defense are well above average. The scoring talent is not sensational but I would consider it adequate. And the bottom-6 forwards seemed, on paper at least, to be serviceable. Second, the problems we are seeing are a continuation of what we've seen in the past from Murray, a lack of offense. So, because I generally like the lineup, I'm still not ready to say that Lombardi is THE big problem. At the moment, Murray seems like THE problem.

I will say, however, that I'm coming around to a stronger critique of the players. I thought Brown was terrible tonight and displayed no leadership in a critical game. I'd like to see a different captain. Kopitar, perhaps, or, with his comments tonight, maybe Scuderi. I don't know.

If Lombardi wanted to make a trade, I'd be fine with shipping Williams out, but other than that I don't see many players with a whole lot of value that I would actually look to trade. I don't really see that as a particularly viable option at the moment. And, like I said, I think this lineup can win, with the right coaching and leadership, so a trade is not a high priority for me.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
Is that real?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Not the season I was hoping for, that's for sure. I might just mosey on over to the Sharks board before I go to sleep.

What's strange is that right from the beginning, something about the team just didn't feel right. I remember watching the first few games of the season and it was all so flat, so uninspired. Something has changed with this team.
The first period of the first game I thought this team had a dominant and quiet confidence, where I thought I was watching the formation of something great...until they were scored on by NYR to make the game 1-1 after LA had dominated the run of play. Seems like the squad hasn't been the same since. Although they won the game, it didn't really matter, it seems like they haven't been able to replicate that kind of dominant first period. I've felt this way all season. If they take leads they're hit back with immediate reply, and the tone was set right there.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Malice430

Quote:

Malice430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:43 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I have a hard time imagining players in the dressing room saying "you, know, Murray is a crap coach. To hell with anyone who still likes him."
I do too. And that's why I'm not saying it. You are.

Quote:
So I guess what I see is a lot of frustration from a team that is basically lost. They don't know how to win games right now. I'm unconvinced that there is some actual split, open (even just among the players) split with the team.
TM's message is falling on deaf ears and Brownie with his monotone basically echoing the same words isn't going to make a difference. Brownie has to realize that if the players have tuned TM out and also are not responding to his rally, something else needs to get done.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:52 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Brilliant!!! This needs to be avatar sized

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 02:53 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I do too. And that's why I'm not saying it. You are.
I read your statement that there was some kind of "division" in the dressing room as a claim that there was an open split between factions; that this was something acknowledged if not publicly, then at least among themselves. If you only meant that players have different opinions of the coach, the system, and each other, then that is such a broad statement as to be inarguable and therefore meaningless. What exactly did you mean when you said that there was a "division of sort"?

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:00 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I read your statement that there was some kind of "division" in the dressing room as a claim that there was an open split between factions; that this was something acknowledged if not publicly, then at least among themselves. If you only meant that players have different opinions of the coach, the system, and each other, then that is such a broad statement as to be inarguable and therefore meaningless. What exactly did you mean when you said that there was a "division of sort"?
For the most part, just this:

Quote:
I believe there are guys like Brownie, who will back TM til end of time. And then there are probably other players who have had enough.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:04 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
i wonder how MR is feeling, Flyers are one of the best teams out there and at some point he has to come back to a garbage team.
He's probably going crazy trying to get back because the team hasn't won a game without him. Seriously, I thought it would be bad, but I didn't think they'd go on a four game losing streak.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
BD33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
He's probably going crazy trying to get back because the team hasn't won a game without him. Seriously, I thought it would be bad, but I didn't think they'd go on a four game losing streak.
I know I knew we would be terrible, but Richards really has become the heart and soul of this team already. I honestly don't think we're going to win until he comes back. I mean Columbus might beat us.... I miss Mike.

BD33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:21 AM
ru4reals

Pretty amazing what's going on in Philly. They trade away arguably there two best players, their Captain and they don't lose a beat. The time is now, I put a lot on the players to go out and perform but Murray's gotta go.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Same thing Simmonds did in his second season
Simmonds had 40 pts in his second season.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:41 AM
Face Wash

Wings on this team are dogsh*t. Gagne's clutching his stick, Brown lacks on-ice leadership, Then next loose puck battle Justin Williams wins will be his first in a long time. Then the Centers, Kopi no goals in 8. Stoll who's been useless, Loktionov doesn't belong in the NHL. The best line is the 4th line.

Doughty screwing us with a bad season, Johnson never plays well with Doughty in the lineup... It's just a bad mix with this coach. oh well.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 03:44 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the Kings miss Smyth and to a lesser degree Zus. Nobody seems to go to the front of the net on this team. Goalies give up nice rebounds only to have all the Kings playing a perimeter game. Should've traded Stoll and kept Zus.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

While I do think Richards would have helped these last three games, the 2 goal kings are in need of a shake up. I'm looking at you Murrray.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:28 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Shouldn't the Kings be dipping below 2 goals a game average soon here?

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the Kings miss Smyth and to a lesser degree Zus. Nobody seems to go to the front of the net on this team. Goalies give up nice rebounds only to have all the Kings playing a perimeter game. Should've traded Stoll and kept Zus.

They need those garbage goals for Murray. Nobody does that anymore. They miss them both. They don't miss the Smyth right now though.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

I think that it will have to get worse in losses and scoring before DL nixes TM. I'm okay losing a few more games if it means getting rid of Murray. If we get a few wins here and there, I see this drawing out much further unnecessarily. Sometimes you gotta take it to the extreme to make changes and the ends justify the means if you're looking at long term.

ReverseSweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

TM will not be fired this season, no matter how bad it gets.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

There has to be a breaking point for DL. It may not have been found yet.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
There has to be a breaking point for DL. It may not have been found yet.
When has DL moved fast on anything since coming to LA?

Old
12-11-2011, 10:18 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

He doesn't move fast. I agree there. It just needs to get worse before TM gets nixed.

Old
12-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
I think that it will have to get worse in losses and scoring before DL nixes TM. I'm okay losing a few more games if it means getting rid of Murray. If we get a few wins here and there, I see this drawing out much further unnecessarily. Sometimes you gotta take it to the extreme to make changes and the ends justify the means if you're looking at long term.
How can you get worst than 30th in scoring?

Kings are now 26th in overall offense and 29th in 5-on-5 scoring since Murray was hired.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Chazz Reinhold

I'm losing faith in Lombardi seeing as how it looks like he's going to ride out this Murray train. Apparently massive regression over the last two seasons is ok Lombardi's book.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
love it. my new avatar until Murray is shown the door, because nothing will happen for the positive until this happens.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote