HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#27 - 12.11.2011 | Florida Panthers @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
You're looking to me for the arguements of other posters. Avery's goal totals will never be my reason for "knocking him" I don't expect him to score goals. I call that a bonus. To my eyes, he has been a non-factor (within his given ice time).
I don't like Avery's game. I've never hidden this fact. I like the physical game, and it's fun watching other teams get pissed at him, but I don't think his intangibles make up for his lack of versatility on the ice.

As far as personality goes, I don't even have that much of an issue. When he spoke out in favor of gay marriage rights, he earned A LOT of respect from me. You don't normally see an athlete do something like that. I do not think he makes us a better team.
Did you watch the Toronto game, it was the Dubi-Prust-Avery line that got the team going in the 2nd, and they barely got a sniff in the 3rd. So you say that's what you want from him, he does and that ins't enough????

I don't know why you felt the need to bring personality up

Old
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

mods????

Old
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
As long as he continues to throw in some assists, play well in all 3 zones, kill penalties, throw hits, make a difference.

There's more to the game than the scoresheet. Avery isn't doing anything on or off of it.
You guys are bringing p the scoresheet, look at the Toronto game as I posted earlier.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:03 PM
mrhockey193195

This will be a tough one. LGR!!!

Old
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
You guys are bringing p the scoresheet, look at the Toronto game as I posted earlier.
It seems that it only goes one way.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

what did Haggy just say about white plains?

Old
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

I think he said he lives there with Mitchell

Old
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Lol at dotheblue's avatar and sig.

LGR

Old
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
smoneil

Do we have any idea what the lines will look like yet? Will EC just slot in on Dubi's LW? Will Dubi get shifted back to LW? Any idea if Anisimov will get protected minutes from his knock to the noggin last game? I haven't seen a practice report or anything, but I'd be curious to know what the lines will look like (at least initially, hahaha).

Old
12-11-2011, 06:10 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyStickHomicide View Post
Lol at dotheblue's avatar and sig.

LGR
If there was an award for Avatar/Sig, DoTheBlue would win it hands down (isn't he also the guy who had the gas-pump one with Ani/Step/Gaborik earlier this season, and the bumper-car playoff race one last year?)

Old
12-11-2011, 06:12 PM
IAMREALITY

I'm just checking in and seeing the Avery scratch decision right now. To be honest, it's a pretty big surprise to me. Ever since Ave's has been called back up I've been paying attention to him every shift he has. I do that so that I can be as objective as possible in case something like this happened. My take? Bunch of crap. Avery may not be the most skilled guy, but he's fast, hits as often as he can, has a hell of a shot, and an overabundance of passion. Pretty much EVERY shift he's been out there I've seen him give his all. He plays with the exact sort of identity that we want our club to have. He's barely taken a penalty and has really improved with his offsides habit. I can't think of anything he's done wrong to warrant this. These types of players are the ones I want out there. The ones who actually RACE to the puck instead of glide to it. Who hit, who keep their legs moving, who show passion. He's been playing like that about every shift. Raw talent aside, I can think of a bunch of other players who deserve to sit out far more. Dubi? I keep hearing how he's doing all the other things blah blah. I think that mindset from us and the media is just to protect our ideals of him. But honestly? He turns the puck over like every time he has it. He loses almost every board battle. He hasn't fought once (I don't count that one the other night). Remember when he had passion and wouldn't hesitate to drop the gloves to fire things up? Where'd that Dubi go? He's a shell of himself. I don't wanna hear any different. Prust. I barely know he even exists out there. He's another shell of his former self. Boyle misses the net on EVERY damn shot. Every friggin one. And his passes barely ever connect any more. So I'd love to see any one of those three scratched for a game or two. Wake em the heck up. But Sean? Why Sean? He's given his all every shift and in NO WAY has been a liability. So I call BS. Christensen? Dear god can we just get rid of him already. No way in hell he has Ave's passion. Ok. I'm done.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:14 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
If there was an award for Avatar/Sig, DoTheBlue would win it hands down (isn't he also the guy who had the gas-pump one with Ani/Step/Gaborik earlier this season, and the bumper-car playoff race one last year?)
Bumper Car with the ambulance was great.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
I have 2 TV's set up -- One for the Rangers, one for the Giants

12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

I would like to see Torts roll 4 lines consistently on the 2nd of back to backs...he needs to start thinking ahead to the rest of this month. We have games every other night through 12/17, then a heavy schedule 12/20, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26, 12/28 and 12/30. The back to back on the 22/23 is Fishsticks and Flyers.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Holy ****! Wojtek got out of the friggin tub!

12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed

Thanks for the props peeps.

12-11-2011, 06:23 PM
RangersDif

I don't think it Will be a High scoring game, Panthers haven't been scoring a lot lately, nor let a lot in. Their first line is the one that scores 90% of the time it feels like.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

That Santa guy was classic!

Old
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

lol @ the Santa ranger fan.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
MorrisWanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm just checking in and seeing the Avery scratch decision right now. To be honest, it's a pretty big surprise to me. Ever since Ave's has been called back up I've been paying attention to him every shift he has. I do that so that I can be as objective as possible in case something like this happened. My take? Bunch of crap. Avery may not be the most skilled guy, but he's fast, hits as often as he can, has a hell of a shot, and an overabundance of passion. Pretty much EVERY shift he's been out there I've seen him give his all. He plays with the exact sort of identity that we want our club to have. He's barely taken a penalty and has really improved with his offsides habit. I can't think of anything he's done wrong to warrant this. These types of players are the ones I want out there. The ones who actually RACE to the puck instead of glide to it. Who hit, who keep their legs moving, who show passion. He's been playing like that about every shift. Raw talent aside, I can think of a bunch of other players who deserve to sit out far more. Dubi? I keep hearing how he's doing all the other things blah blah. I think that mindset from us and the media is just to protect our ideals of him. But honestly? He turns the puck over like every time he has it. He loses almost every board battle. He hasn't fought once (I don't count that one the other night). Remember when he had passion and wouldn't hesitate to drop the gloves to fire things up? Where'd that Dubi go? He's a shell of himself. I don't wanna hear any different. Prust. I barely know he even exists out there. He's another shell of his former self. Boyle misses the net on EVERY damn shot. Every friggin one. And his passes barely ever connect any more. So I'd love to see any one of those three scratched for a game or two. Wake em the heck up. But Sean? Why Sean? He's given his all every shift and in NO WAY has been a liability. So I call BS. Christensen? Dear god can we just get rid of him already. No way in hell he has Ave's passion. Ok. I'm done.
The ENTER key is the large one located on the right hand side of your keyboard. It will have a little arrow next to it.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

uh anyone have a working stream. Found a few but they all have the sharks game going.

?

Old
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
RangersDif

Thanks Viasat for showing this game!

Old
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
The ENTER key is the large one located on the right hand side of your keyboard. It will have a little arrow next to it.
lol yep. I dont even attempt to read those.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
WeWillWinTonight

I'll continue to moan about this but John G and no Sam is the worst

Old
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
lol yep. I dont even attempt to read those.
same haha, I just go, "next" and scroll down.

Closed Thread