HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is any Sabre having a career year?

Old
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Is any Sabre having a career year?

I look up and down this lineup and can't believe we are in 7th place.
Just about every player is playing below their career stat level.
Who is really above?
Ok Pominville, based on last couple of years is a clear choice, then Luke Adam.
Vanek, slightly ahead. Maybe Enroth for overall year. Kassian on a short-term basis. I guess Leopold is about average, a bit.
Who is below career numbers? Everybody else.
Miller, Roy, Stafford, Leino, Myers, Gaustad, Regehr, Weber, Hecht, (including injuries), Boyes, Ehrhoff and though not much of a career sample Ennis and Gerbe.

My point is there is no way this team will not be playing at a higher regular season level for the rest of the year. The odds are against it.
Now playoff success. That's another story but in terms of regular season, this team will pickup the pace. Guaranteed.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
The rookies.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:57 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
The rookies.
I said Adam and Kassian (only eight games). Enroth for a bit. Gragnani? Not sure how he's plus 11 but he's not blowing me away. Corey Tropp, McNabb, T.J. Brennan, McNabb, Finley...They've been okay but the vets will come back and this team has upside.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:59 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I said Adam and Kassian (only eight games). Enroth for a bit. Gragnani? Not sure how he's plus 11 but he's not blowing me away. Corey Tropp, McNabb, T.J. Brennan, McNabb, Finley...They've been okay but the vets will come back and this team has upside.
I was just making a joke as to how they'll each automatically have a career year. I don't disagree with you at all.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
Grags is having the poorest season than anyone on the team by a landslide. I know you mentioned he isnt blowing you away, I'm just saying I'm not sure if this guy can improve or not, but his level of play is far below NHL average right now, the +11 stat is very misleading

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

That +11 is unbelievable... Maybe other teams will be looking at it and be like, wow this kid is pretty good, I wonder if we can nab him from the Sabres.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:22 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
That +11 is unbelievable... Maybe other teams will be looking at it and be like, wow this kid is pretty good, I wonder if we can nab him from the Sabres.
I hope you're joking. No GM in the league willing to trade for a player based solely on one stat, without sending scouts to watch a few games. Would only work if Millbury was still GM for the isles. Then we would have Tavares.

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Pominville is the only non-rookie performing above expectations at this point for me. Vanek has been great as well, he may be slightly above where my expectations are. Regehr's impact obviously can't be shown by numbers but he would be on my list as well (not sure if you consider that a career year or whatever).

One of the reasons I'm not over the top worried yet, these guys are going to come around, and when they do a lot of people will begin to ease away from the edge and everything will be hunky dorey in Sabreland again.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 07:01 AM
HiddenInLight

I won't be worried unless the sabres are 10 points out of a playoff spot, or not in the playoffs in the final stretch of they year. Until then, optimism remains. I'm generally a half full kinda guy.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote