HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

December 11th: Chicago vs San Jose (Game 30) 6p

Old
12-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Thornton is hardly soft.

He's as soft as your avy. You think he's a tough guy cuz he cheapshotted Perron and concussed him. Boston got fleeced in the trade that sent him to San Jose but were so much better off without him. The Bruins don't win a Cup with Thornton leading the charge. Why do you think Boston was willing to trade him for spare parts.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
Thornton is,,,he's always flapping his gums about some ****. Remember the 2010 WCF. His comments about Bolland, the slash on Bolly during their face-off, his comments this year against the Rangers, calling them soft. Seriously Thornton's the softest big man going. The only one softer than him is our lazy boy Bickell.
Quote:
Thornton is hardly soft.
Thorton is not soft at all. My beef with him is the amount of cheap shots he takes.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 01:12 AM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
He's as soft as your avy. You think he's a tough guy cuz he cheapshotted Perron and concussed him. Boston got fleeced in the trade that sent him to San Jose but were so much better off without him. The Bruins don't win a Cup with Thornton leading the charge. Why do you think Boston was willing to trade him for spare parts.
Shows what you know, Pinkie Pie isn't soft either.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Shows what you know, Pinkie Pie isn't soft either.

Touche!

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

strange game. Niemi was great - stats say otherwise.

I'd love to have him back

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Recoil

It was a strange game. We stole it, pure and simple. But thats OK to do sometimes.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:32 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Stalberg is a beast forechecking
Yes. Hossa came through in the clutch but 25 was the most consistent Hawk forward throughout the game. Q had him on the 1st then the 3rd line, then back to the 1st line again and he played well. Hawks stole this one.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:41 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
From the little I saw it appeared that Bolland was skating better than in the previous games. The hawks need him to be 100% if the defense wants to shut down teams.
I thought so as well.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
puterwiz53

I Think Q should try Bolland on the 2nd line with Hossa and Sharp for a few games to see how they click as Kruger is very ably to fill the 3rd line center role. If it doesn't pan out than he just puts Bolland back at 3rd line center. If Bickell would only play up to his size and ability, the Hawks 3rd line would probably be the best in the league but Bickell seems to be a lost cause and doesn't deserve to see another game in the NHL.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I'm not saying consistency is bad by any means... obviously we'd all love to see that!

Only pointing out that expecting 60 minutes of mistake-free, solid play is laughably illogical. It doesn't happen.
The only thing we can reasonably expect as fans of a good team is a W at the end of the day. If they get that, I'm not complaining.
It has nothing to do with mistakes, those will happen...it is the EFFORT that seems to be lacking at times from this team. It seemed like they just flipped a switch on in the 3rd period...it was easy to see the difference in their play from the 2nd to the 3rd period. If they could start off games with that kind of effort, they could get out to early leads and not have to come back in the 3rd period.

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:28 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
It has nothing to do with mistakes, those will happen...it is the EFFORT that seems to be lacking at times from this team. It seemed like they just flipped a switch on in the 3rd period...it was easy to see the difference in their play from the 2nd to the 3rd period. If they could start off games with that kind of effort, they could get out to early leads and not have to come back in the 3rd period.
Kinda reminds me of the 2009-2010 season where they can just flip that switch

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
I Think Q should try Bolland on the 2nd line with Hossa and Sharp for a few games to see how they click as Kruger is very ably to fill the 3rd line center role. If it doesn't pan out than he just puts Bolland back at 3rd line center. If Bickell would only play up to his size and ability, the Hawks 3rd line would probably be the best in the league but Bickell seems to be a lost cause and doesn't deserve to see another game in the NHL.
Haven't we tried that? I didn't think Bolland ever gelled right with Hossa in the past. I guess we can try it again though...

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Happy with the two points. Very easily could have had none. Just as easily could have won it in regulation.

Not getting the Montador praise. Thought he was brutal today. Got beat a number of times. Was it Demers that blew past him like it was shinny?

Havlat is simply put the single most talented hockey player I've ever seen that doesn't absolutely dominate. A treat to watch.

Team scored three ugly goals. Shot from distance, traffic in front, re-direction/flailing tap in.

Hope Hammer keeps this offensive play up. He's actually looking to pass instead of chipping it off the glass/playing to his defensive partner. Oh, and he has an absolute howitzer. Needs more confidence using it.

People have been saying how soft this team is and that it needs to get back to simple hockey. They've done that.

This team wins, a lot. Probably - and I know this is contrary to opinion around here - because it's pretty damn good.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:01 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Happy with the two points. Very easily could have had none. Just as easily could have won it in regulation.

Not getting the Montador praise. Thought he was brutal today. Got beat a number of times. Was it Demers that blew past him like it was shinny?

Havlat is simply put the single most talented hockey player I've ever seen that doesn't absolutely dominate. A treat to watch.

Team scored three ugly goals. Shot from distance, traffic in front, re-direction/flailing tap in.

Hope Hammer keeps this offensive play up. He's actually looking to pass instead of chipping it off the glass/playing to his defensive partner. Oh, and he has an absolute howitzer. Needs more confidence using it.

People have been saying how soft this team is and that it needs to get back to simple hockey. They've done that.

This team wins, a lot. Probably - and I know this is contrary to opinion around here - because it's pretty damn good.

yea yeaaaaaaa!!

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Haven't we tried that? I didn't think Bolland ever gelled right with Hossa in the past. I guess we can try it again though...
I seem to remember them being great together for a stretch last year. Maybe right after the all star break. Hossa seems to gel with anyone. He's such a solid player.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post

He's been brutal for most of the season. Hopefully he's just struggling because he's trying to do too much (which is clear) because he signed that big contract.. but I have a feeling Montador is what he's shown, and that's a 6th Dman that has far too many mental lapses and shows inconsistent offensive ability. Rather disappointing really, he's like the exact opposite of what I thought we were getting. Luckly, his salary goes down next year and he could be traded to a budget team needing to reach the cap floor who'll love his salary being less than his caphit.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I would argue that he was really good out of the gate, with play regressing towards solid until his scoring flair up, ever which since he has been mediocre too bad.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

agree about Monty. Guy tries too much and makes mistakes because of it.

and I was wrong about Lepisto. Brutal, just brutal. We need another Top6 DMen

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
agree about Monty. Guy tries too much and makes mistakes because of it.

and I was wrong about Lepisto. Brutal, just brutal. We need another Top6 DMen
I was at the game and he looked absolutely brutal in person. He looked like he was drunk and skating with butter knives as blades. Falling and stumbling all over the place. Terrible. I think he saw one shift at the start of the third period...wiped out and coughed the puck up, and didn't see another shift again.

Can't say much that hasn't already been said. Nice to get two points.

Keith also quietly had a very good game. Lot of subtle, solid plays that probably don't show up as much on tv. Leddy the same, had some really nice defensive plays, especially a couple of times with guys bringing the puck into the zone and not only taking them off the puck but knocking them down.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote