2011-12 Minnesota Wild II

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
2011-12 Minnesota Wild II

Continuation from the previous thread. Carry on.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

The Wild's awesomeness cannot be contained in one thread.

Old
12-11-2011, 03:39 PM
youvegotit

loving the season so far.

anyone else think seto is the most expendable piece we have (that would be worth something)?

Old
12-11-2011, 03:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

If Lats wasn't injured, he would be.

Anyone questioning the trade for Powe? That, to me, was an excellent trade by Fletch...

Old
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Welcome!

I think you'll find Seto is one of the more polarizing players here from HF Wild fans that team currently employs. Most are all over the map on how they feel about his game.

Old
12-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Saunacrew

vCash: 140
Minnesota, Columbus, Washington, Ottawa and Pittsburgh are the only teams that haven't been shutout this season.

So a new game, who is going to fall off the list first?

My personal favourite is Ottawa.

Old
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Dr Jan Itor

The human in me wouldn't want us to trade him 30 games after he was traded 2 days after he signed a 3 year contract. He's a good player, and not expensive. Let's keep him around.

Old
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
The human in me wouldn't want us to trade him 30 games after he was traded 2 days after he signed a 3 year contract. He's a good player, and not expensive. Let's keep him around.
I sort of feel the same. Also, I think that Seto is off to a fancy streak soon after he's returned. My crystal ball has been proven unreliable, whatsoever.

Old
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Averman
Ya, Yeo Betcha

With the Wild joining the Central/Norris with Detty next year, and the 2 series playoff to get out of it, it might be a good idea to hang onto Seto, hasn't he been a thorn in Detty's side in the past?

Old
12-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 50
I think Seto will come around sooner rather than later. Remember, he is a streaky player, so he's due for a positive streak sometime after he comes back.

An update on his injury would be helpful. I wish the Wild werent so tight lipped about everything.

Old
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
youvegotit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I think Seto will come around sooner rather than later. Remember, he is a streaky player, so he's due for a positive streak sometime after he comes back.
Agreed and he has the skills to be really good, but imo and maybe it's a personal thing (b/c he scored well against the wild last year, even off his visor i think) but i wouldn't be upset if he got traded. I just think that if he's not on a hot streak he's not the best fit for a top 6 role, then again when he is hot then he's very valuable. Would like to see him be able to get the puck out of the defensive zone better as well.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!

I personally think he was playing injured before he was injured. He just didn't look all that great. Once he heals he is due to break out.

Old
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I wouldn't trade Seto yet because he needs his roommate in Heatley and separating them already would put the Wild on Santa's naughty list.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

3 yrs at 3 mill is chump change for Seto's potential. He just has to work on his consistency. He is still young and I think we should wait it out and give him some time to adjust. I think the sign and trade San Jose pulled on him cut him pretty deep. He seemed sad to leave that team. I wonder how he has adjusted to his new lifestyle here outside the rink. It can't be that easy. In short, give him a break he will get better.

Old
12-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

If Seto can just help out more defensively I wouldn't have any problems with him. I don't want to be a huge stat geek here but when a guy like Brad Staubitz is only a -1 when he doesn't even have a single point, Seto's team leading -7 is pretty ugly.

Also, I liked Gillies play at the beginning of the year but he's seemed to have gone downhill since then. I can see why the coaches are sitting him most of the time and playing guys like Staubitz instead.

Old
12-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
3 yrs at 3 mill is chump change for Seto's potential. He just has to work on his consistency. He is still young and I think we should wait it out and give him some time to adjust. I think the sign and trade San Jose pulled on him cut him pretty deep. He seemed sad to leave that team. I wonder how he has adjusted to his new lifestyle here outside the rink. It can't be that easy. In short, give him a break he will get better.
I think this is probably a big part of it. He seemed really psyched to be signing on with San Jose for a few more years, and then the next day hes traded. Let him gel here before we think about trading him again.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Avder
Is only game.

Ive been thinking a bit, and with Clutterbuck due to come back in the 'Peg Ive been pondering his place in the lineup lately. I know he will be on the top line with Heater and Kapitan Koivu for that game, but with Lats looking like hes going to be back in a few weeks, there wont be a spot for Clutterbuck in the top 6 anymore.

And while that is great news, the way the current 3rd of Powe-Brodizak-Johnson is playing, I don't want to see them broken up when Clutterbuck gets moved out of the top 6. So what do you guys think? Rebuild the 4th line around Clutterbuck? Or what?

And how awesome is it to have a problem of where to put an awesome workhorse forward because we've got so many other awesome workhorse forwards?

Old
12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
edgevolution
GO USA!

I've been gone for a couple of days and come back to people talking about trading gooch? You guys are crazy. He's shown flashes of absolute brilliance and is still a young player. He's cheap for a sniper, so we better keep him around.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Maladus

Quote:
Kent Youngblood
@BloodStrib Kent Youngblood
Greetings from @mnwild practice. Zidlicky, Latendresse, Harding and Clutterbuck are all on the ice today.
https://twitter.com/#!/BloodStrib/st...70416229502976

Old
12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Put your best players on the ice as much as possible. Lats on the top line, Clutter on the third line, Powe on the fourth line.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanh View Post
I've been gone for a couple of days and come back to people talking about trading gooch? You guys are crazy. He's shown flashes of absolute brilliance and is still a young player. He's cheap for a sniper, so we better keep him around.
Ain't much of a sniper. Ain't that cheap either.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Ive been thinking a bit, and with Clutterbuck due to come back in the 'Peg Ive been pondering his place in the lineup lately. I know he will be on the top line with Heater and Kapitan Koivu for that game, but with Lats looking like hes going to be back in a few weeks, there wont be a spot for Clutterbuck in the top 6 anymore.

And while that is great news, the way the current 3rd of Powe-Brodizak-Johnson is playing, I don't want to see them broken up when Clutterbuck gets moved out of the top 6. So what do you guys think? Rebuild the 4th line around Clutterbuck? Or what?

And how awesome is it to have a problem of where to put an awesome workhorse forward because we've got so many other awesome workhorse forwards?
If Lats comes back and Yeo is adamant about not breaking up the third line, Clutterbuck goes to the top, Lats the second, and Wellman to Houston. I can't imagine any scenario where Clutterbuck isn't top-9.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

Wow. Wild just got ripped apart on Yahoo Puck Daddy's weekly What We Learned segment.

Guy mentions a couple teams on three game win streaks and then fails to mention the 7 game road win streak we have going and instead only points out Brodziak leads the team in goals and it certainly won't last that we'll lead the division. I used to respect this clown but c'mon, it's like guys are afraid to praise the Minnesota Wild.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well Lambert's an idiot and he's clinging to stats because he doesn't watch the games.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
hipsquare

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
Wow. Wild just got ripped apart on Yahoo Puck Daddy's weekly What We Learned segment.

Guy mentions a couple teams on three game win streaks and then fails to mention the 7 game road win streak we have going and instead only points out Brodziak leads the team in goals and it certainly won't last that we'll lead the division. I used to respect this clown but c'mon, it's like guys are afraid to praise the Minnesota Wild.
That was your first mistake. Lambert is reliable for consistently trolling Wild fans. Wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

Closed Thread