HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shut up Kesler and Bieksa!

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
californiahockey

vCash: 500
Shut up Kesler and Bieksa!

Can't believe Kesler complaining about head contact after the game. His head isn't even touched on the replay! It's bad enough that Foligno was thrown out of the game.

Mod edit on title.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 12-11-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old
12-11-2011, 06:13 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Do you have the link where he says this?

Old
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
he got a 10 min. he was back playing later.

Vancouver is a bunch of ****heads. All they do is *****. i hate them more than any other team.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Do you have the link where he says this?
TSN's website in the "Post-Game Reaction" video.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
TSN's website in the "Post-Game Reaction" video.
Sick, thank you.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiahockey View Post
Can't believe Kesler complaining about head contact after the game. His head isn't even touched on the replay! It's bad enough that Foligno was thrown out of the game.
Haha, yeah, I noticed that too.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

***** **** **** ************ Kesler *******ing dive **** of monkey **** **** balls Burrows ***** **** singing out of key ****** **** *** *** ***** ****** **** toad stools ***** whiner with ***********. BUBBALICIOUS! ****************************

amidoingitrite?

Old
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
***** **** **** ************ Kesler *******ing dive **** of monkey **** **** balls Burrows ***** **** singing out of key ****** **** *** *** ***** ****** **** toad stools ***** whiner with ***********. BUBBALICIOUS! ****************************

amidoingitrite?
Yes...I fold

Old
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Gil Gunderson

This thread is full of Iron Sheiks.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiahockey View Post
I'm not going to come here and try to defend Kesler to you guys - I understand he gets under everyone's skin and it's easy to hate him when he's not on your team. It's why I love him on mine.

But, that being said...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The principal point of contact was the head - Foligno doesn't throw his full weight into his head (his actual force goes to Kesler's body), but he does catch him there without a doubt.

And Foligno being thrown out had nothing to do with the hit (per se...) it was him yapping to the ref after. It was also only a 10min misconduct - not the game. Foligno was suspect to the situation though, he already threw a big (albeit legal although unfortunate) hit to Hodgson that knocked him out of the game - the refs are likely to have an extra eye out for him.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
I'm not going to come here and try to defend Kesler to you guys - I understand he gets under everyone's skin and it's easy to hate him when he's not on your team. It's why I love him on mine.

But, that being said...

The principal point of contact was the head - Foligno doesn't throw his full weight into his head (his actual force goes to Kesler's body), but he does catch him there without a doubt.
He put himself in that position. His head dropped down at the last second, nothing Folingo could do. Plus I actually think Folingo let up on both hits. Keslers acting like a fool. Take your licks and shut it.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

And Foligno being thrown out had nothing to do with the hit (per se...) it was him yapping to the ref after. It was also only a 10min misconduct - not the game. Foligno was suspect to the situation though, he already threw a big (albeit legal although unfortunate) hit to Hodgson that knocked him out of the game - the refs are likely to have an extra eye out for him.
Even if so, Kesler's on one knee. He can take a hike.

Any reasonable person watching that clip knows if someones in the middle of hitting you, and you fall to a knee, your head is in the line of fire.

Just because fans of the team he plays for love him doesn't take away from the fact that he clearly looks like an idiot here.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:

But, that being said...

That doesn't mean it's dirty though.

Old
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
He put himself in that position. His head dropped down at the last second, nothing Folingo could do. Plus I actually think Folingo let up on both hits. Keslers acting like a fool. Take your licks and shut it.
You can think he let up on both - but at the opposite spectrum I don't think he did.

Kesler was in that position because he was battling with Rundblad for the puck and was pushed off balance after taking a small shove from him (**** happens not really a big push but he did go down). Nothing out of the order here these plays happen dozens of times per game. What then happened was bang-bang. Foligno was planning to hit Kesler along the boards regardless but Kesler had been knocked to one knee and was therefore more vulnerable - which is probably why Kesler was bitter about it after. Foligno however, had no time to avoid the situation though. Kesler had no idea Foligno was there and therefore couldn't 'protect' himself from being hit. So he didn't really 'put himself' in that position.

Thankfully there wasn't another head injury here for us and this play should really just blow away in the wind....

Old
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post
That doesn't mean it's dirty though.
Read my next post... (now previous)...

Old
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Perfect.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
You can think he let up on both - but at the opposite spectrum I don't think he did.

Kesler was in that position because he was battling with Rundblad for the puck and was pushed off balance after taking a small shove from him (**** happens not really a big push but he did go down). Nothing out of the order here these plays happen dozens of times per game. What then happened was bang-bang. Foligno was planning to hit Kesler along the boards regardless but Kesler had been knocked to one knee and was therefore more vulnerable - which is probably why Kesler was bitter about it after. Foligno however, had no time to avoid the situation though. Kesler had no idea Foligno was there and therefore couldn't 'protect' himself from being hit. So he didn't really 'put himself' in that position.

Thankfully there wasn't another head injury here for us and this play should really just blow away in the wind....
Yeah I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Foligno had little time to react and had already committed to a hit when Kesler dropped to one knee. Unfortunate situation, no need for Kesler to go out and criticize Foligno for it though.

12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Minister of Offence

A Vancouver fan admitting Kesler is whining.

I could retire my account on that note.

Nah.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

But then who would argue with CJam

Yes I saw the white but I wanted to get my joke in either way

Old
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Yeah I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Foligno had little time to react and had already committed to a hit when Kesler dropped to one knee. Unfortunate situation, no need for Kesler to go out and criticize Foligno for it though.
Yes, but that's after we've analyzed it and seen replays of it - we've had time to digest it and form an opinion.

Kesler goes into an interview after - likely has not seen it again - is playing against an 'apparently fierce rival' after last nights ****-fest and doesn't like the way he was hit. I understand where he is coming from because he didn't have a clue the hit was coming from Foligno. I don't think anything is exceptionally out of the ordinary here. Most players won't be happy when they are hit in a vulnerable way.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
You can clearly tell the people who played contact hockey vs those who didn't by comments on hits like his. Everything happens so fast on the ice that its near impossible to stop your self once your commited to the hit even if the guys in a vulnerable position like Kesler was. Its so easy to say from the sofa that he should have not hit him or let up more, but things happen so quickly out there.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

Nah.
Pretty subjective. Look at what I wrote above... It;s considered whining based on the fact you guys can over-analyze the play - it happened to him in the game and he's reacting. Most players would say the same thing with a microphone in their face...

Old
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Pretty subjective. Look at what I wrote above... It;s considered whining based on the fact you guys can over-analyze the play - it happened to him in the game and he's reacting. Most players would say the same thing with a microphone in their face...
And the ones that didn't bother wouldn't be whining.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
koreaboy

there was no way that was a dirty play. kesler is a big strong player with the puck coming straight at nicky, and he does what every good hockey player is supposed to do- finish his check. a split second beforehand he dips down and the contact is with the head. kessler needs to $TFU. or get better balance.

Old
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Yes, but that's after we've analyzed it and seen replays of it - we've had time to digest it and form an opinion.

Kesler goes into an interview after - likely has not seen it again - is playing against an 'apparently fierce rival' after last nights ****-fest and doesn't like the way he was hit. I understand where he is coming from because he didn't have a clue the hit was coming from Foligno. I don't think anything is exceptionally out of the ordinary here. Most players won't be happy when they are hit in a vulnerable way.
I'm not saying I don't understand why he would, I just feel he probably could've let it slide and say 'I need to see a replay' instead of commenting. Heat of the moment though, I agree no need to get worked up over it. Just a 'shouldn't have said it but whatever' moment.

Closed Thread