HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2011-2012 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
I'm pretty sure a player on a conditioning assignment in the AHL may be brought back up to play with the big club.

Deveaux is fine if you want a big guy to play 7 minutes on the fourth line. If Feds is out long term, they need to look at other options.
I imagine back spasms is nothing big, I assume Dubinsky still out tommorow..........just in case they need someone and I know Newbury is tearing up in the AHL...........

likely find out after the game who it is if anyone. My guess is EC if he's allowed back up then back down

Old
01-14-2012, 09:06 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
I'm pretty sure a player on a conditioning assignment in the AHL may be brought back up to play with the big club.

Deveaux is fine if you want a big guy to play 7 minutes on the fourth line. If Feds is out long term, they need to look at other options.
Isn't Deveaux still suspended for the NHL?

Old
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Another loss! 3 straight in regulation and 6 straight overall.

Old
01-14-2012, 09:12 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Playaff poosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Isn't Deveaux still suspended for the NHL?
He served the three game suspension before he was sent down. I'm still not sure if he's allowed to play in the NHL while suspended in the AHL, though.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I imagine back spasms is nothing big, I assume Dubinsky still out tommorow..........just in case they need someone and I know Newbury is tearing up in the AHL...........

likely find out after the game who it is if anyone. My guess is EC if he's allowed back up then back down
Sounds like you've never had back spasms then--they can last for weeks and even worse can come and go. It's a real injury.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:32 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
When a man close to his 30's keeps finding ways to get his name in the papers and it has nothing to do with hockey, and just likes bringing attention to himself (since his hockey skills arent enough) I consider it grown men acting childish, which can also mean babyish.
Yea I'm sure Avery was thinking that being a healthy scratch for an AHL game for what appears to be a minor issue was the perfect way to get his name in the papers and draw some attention. Come on... whatever it was, it was obviously not a big deal. People around here blow it out of proportion because they prefer to have a negative opinion of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
If Hartford/AHL is supposed to the the highest developmental league level for the Rangers organization, Sean Avery is the last person I want to be there.
I agree with you and think all of us, regardless of whether we've liked Avery or not, feel the same way. The ball is in Sather's court. If you don't want Avery as part of that team you should be looking to the front office to find a solution. At this point, it's not going to do Avery or the Whale any good for him to play 3-4 months there. If there really are a few teams interested, and Torts has no interest in recalling Avery, than get it over with and trade him.

Old
01-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Sounds like you've never had back spasms then--they can last for weeks and even worse can come and go. It's a real injury.
that would be correct sir........I guess u cant just put icy hots on that then

oh lord EC coming back into the lineup, joy

Old
01-14-2012, 11:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
BTW, heard Avery's disciplinary infraction was dress code violation -- jeans and sneakers in lieu of suit. Stuff about spitting nonsensical.
26 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

01-15-2012, 12:26 AM
Vitto79

@NYP_Brooksie I see Newbury also got misconduct for abuse of officials in that game but think he got called up to NYR, if I'm not mistaken.

Newbury up due to Feds banged up.........thought that may happen leaving EC on conditioning

Old
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I doubt zuke is back for the ahl all star game, which is a freakin' shame...

Old
01-15-2012, 03:14 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
I doubt zuke is back for the ahl all star game, which is a freakin' shame...
If he is out again with a long term injury, his trade value will not be very high... A player A young player with that kind of injury history....

It sucks that we never get the details about his injury. Its not even confirmed that his last injury was the same as the one in Modo. WTF?
And I guess this time well just have to be guessing again.....

Last edited by TigerJack: 01-15-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old
01-15-2012, 03:50 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
BTW, heard Avery's disciplinary infraction was dress code violation -- jeans and sneakers in lieu of suit. Stuff about spitting nonsensical.
26 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Jeans and sneakers? The nerve of this guy...

Old
01-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Ail
Occult Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Jeans and sneakers? The nerve of this guy...
Classless.

01-15-2012, 10:02 AM
anofsti

vCash: 679
Quote:
what the heck is the rule when ur on a conditioning assignment? Likely EC if he can come up

Deveaux is a bum , lol
I would guess that when he's on a conditioning assingment, his cap hit is the same on the Rangers.

EC is still a good enough player, with an insanely low cap hit, that alot of team would jump on him if he were ever put on waivers.

Old
01-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Article on zuke from Norwegian site;

Short story;

Same injury as the one from a few weeks ago but it could also be just a small one , worste case he could miss the ahl all star game and his going to get an xray tomorrow..

link;

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...cle3313827.ece

Google tranlate;

Quote:
Friday did Mats Zuccarello comeback for Connecticut Whale in the American Hockey League (AHL). It was a long-awaited comeback for the AHL team, which considers the Norwegian as their best player.

At the very end of the match against Norfolk Admirals fell Zuccarello back as he waged war on the boards.

Star Match 30 January

Oslo boy limped to the locker room, where it was concluded that he had turned up the ankle injury he suffered 9 December.

- It's the same injury that was turned up, but it is only a small bang. I do not know how long I will be there, it's hard to say. At worst, the All Star game break, says Zuccarello to Nettavisen.

Monday he will x-ray examination. Then he might have a more concrete answer to how long he must wait before he can play the game again.

Zuccarello is one of two Whale players are taken out to play the match between the best players from the east and west of the AHL. The other is Jonathan AUDYA-Marchessault.

All Star game played in Atlantic City 30 January.

- Just wait and see how quickly the damage doctors. Then I make a choice closer to All-Star game, if I should be there or not, says Zuccarello.

- Learning from adversity

He is in the last year of two-year contract with the NHL team New York Rangers and are keen to play back in the Rangers team. It is impossible so long as he is not even fresh NOK to play.

- One learns to be in opposition, although it is difficult sometimes. Just take it with a smile and make the best out of it, says Zuccarello, who really impressed in the AHL.

24-year-old has made ​​eight goals and 23 points in 19 games for Connecticut Whale this season.

Last edited by Glennsoe: 01-15-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
argh Zuccarello needs to be healthy to have any value. He wont be qualified at 2 million
I dont think he has to be qualified at 2 millions. His actuall NHL salary is 900k without bonuses,so I belive 945 hase to be his QO,no?

By the way, what can day to day mean?
http://networkedblogs.com/sJcky
Mats Zuccarello Lower Body Injury Day-to-Day

Old
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
The good news: Avery assisted Voros' goal to tie the game at 2
The bad news: 7 seconds later, Avery gets a 10-minute misconduct for abuse of officials....
The Avery Effect
http://networkedblogs.com/sJcky

poor fellow

Last edited by fredrikstad: 01-16-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old
01-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Norwegian news paper says zuke wore a A on his jersey friday..i like that..

Also it stated that an xray is monday and he'll rest a few days before knowing more about the injury..

Old
01-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Norwegian news paper says zuke wore a A on his jersey friday..i like that..

Also it stated that an xray is monday and he'll rest a few days before knowing more about the injury..
He was also wearing the A before he got injured the first time, for quite a few games

Old
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Vitto79

So Zuke feeling better?

Old
01-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
So Zuke feeling better?
No word, but he seems fairly positive.
He has a MR examination today so I am sure Norwegian newspapers will update as soon as there are any news.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:45 PM
blixt

It is a fact that he has injured his ankle for the third time. Zuccarello is positive because he has no choice. Both he and the club is dependent on that he recovered quickly. When you sprain an ankle for the third time in the same place, then it is quite serious. If they let him play already in a few weeks I'll be very surprised, it can have serious consequences for the rest of his career.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by blixt View Post
It is a fact that he has injured his ankle for the third time. Zuccarello is positive because he has no choice. Both he and the club is dependent on that he recovered quickly. When you sprain an ankle for the third time in the same place, then it is quite serious. If they let him play already in a few weeks I'll be very surprised, it can have serious consequences for the rest of his career.
It could be, but not necessarily. A lot of other athletes sprain their ankles multiple times throught their careers in the same place (especially soccer players) and very seldom do this affect their careers.

There are players that come back after very serious ligament injures and still make good careers.

Im not saying that Zukes injury is not serious, but I choose not to be too negative....

And as he said himself, this time it did not feel that serious.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blixt View Post
Is it confirmed that it is a sprain? Last update i read was that he was getting a MR scan today. Havnt read anything about the result.

Old
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
blixt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Sprains cannot be fixed via surgery.
Yes it can, anklesprains can be solved with surgery if it's repeated but with little risk of complications when the nerves in the foot can be damaged.

Closed Thread