HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Yeah Immonen was a kid who I though never really got a fair shot here, maybe it was Renney's fault but who knows.

I'm a little disturbed by the lack of NHL readiness of some of our prospects besides Erixon.
Waste of an asset, like Valentenko is being wasted now. Both could play in the NHL.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

the reason why we have so few prospects who are NHL ready? pretty simple if you ask me.

Anisimov, Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Staal, MDZ, MCD, Kreider, MZA, Hagelin, and Bickel are all guys currently playing on our roster that have come up through our farm system.

You graduate 13 players from your farm system over a period of 6 years and you know what...it's going to take it's toll.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Nyrvana

JT Miller signed with the Whale - not sure if anyone saw that.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
ceresnak sent home

That's a little disturbing for his development. He had an awful Traverse Tournament, which is roughly on par with ECHL level hockey. Traverse has more talent, but less experience than the ECHL, so in my estimation, the average Traverse Team would be competitive with the average ECHL team, and this is supported by the fact that those who do well in Traverse tend to be borderline AHL/ECHL players like Bourque and Parlett.

Ceresnak was clearly not ready for ECHL-level hockey in September. I knew he wouldn't be AHL ready after a passage of just one season, but I was hoping he would be ECHL-ready. Why not send him to Greenville instead of sending him home? Would he really still not be ready for that level or was there a procedural reason why he wasn't sent there?

Old
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
NYR Viper

I believe the ECHL team is done for the season and this was his first season in NA, maybe he was just worn out and wanted to spend some time at home considering he was playing so far away.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
That's a little disturbing for his development. He had an awful Traverse Tournament, which is roughly on par with ECHL level hockey. Traverse has more talent, but less experience than the ECHL, so in my estimation, the average Traverse Team would be competitive with the average ECHL team, and this is supported by the fact that those who do well in Traverse tend to be borderline AHL/ECHL players like Bourque and Parlett.

Ceresnak was clearly not ready for ECHL-level hockey in September. I knew he wouldn't be AHL ready after a passage of just one season, but I was hoping he would be ECHL-ready. Why not send him to Greenville instead of sending him home? Would he really still not be ready for that level or was there a procedural reason why he wasn't sent there?
What a ridiculous statement. You can't compare a 5 game prospects tournament to a professional league, under any circumstance.

I don't find it shocking that he still struggles in the ECHL, a 5th rounder or whatever he was 1 year removed from his draft...

Old
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
You can't compare a 5 game prospects tournament to a professional league, under any circumstance.
That's your opinion, but you can compare anything to anything. Can you compare a condo to a a car? No, two different things, right? But people compare them all the time: "do I buy a vacation condo in Florida or do I buy a fancier car?"

Comparing the skill level of players in the ECHL and in Traverse is actually an easier comparison because you are evaluating how well hockey players are playing in both places. If you couldn't use short tournaments to judge how a player would play in a league, then how would it make sense to use the preseason to determine who makes the NHL?

Things don't have to be identical to compare them. In fact, if things are identical, there would be no need to compare them.

I stand by my statement that the average Traverse player is immediately capable of ECHL hockey (though it could be much more in the future), not higher and not lower.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
He doesn't have an NHL contract, just an ATO. I'm pretty sure they can't loan him to another club while he's on an ATO. He would have to be released from his ATO and then sign an ATO with Greenville, I think. That's not likely, even if Greenville were still playing.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the reason why we have so few prospects who are NHL ready? pretty simple if you ask me.

Anisimov, Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Girardi, Staal, MDZ, MCD, Kreider, MZA, Hagelin, and Bickel are all guys currently playing on our roster that have come up through our farm system.

You graduate 13 players from your farm system over a period of 6 years and you know what...it's going to take it's toll.
Considering how young most of them are, it's understandable why our farm system isn't stacked with guys who can step in.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:14 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Greenville's season is over. Swept in the first round. For Ceresnak, it's Hartford or nothing. For a guy finishing his first year in NA, no harm in letting him go back home rather than riding the pine up in CT.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:44 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Greenville's season is over. Swept in the first round. For Ceresnak, it's Hartford or nothing. For a guy finishing his first year in NA, no harm in letting him go back home rather than riding the pine up in CT.
Agreed here. I'm sure the Rangers have an off-season plan for him, let him start it up and get to training, head back to the OHL and build on a pretty successful rookie season.

I still think Ceresnak has a better shot at any NHL future than Noreau.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:31 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Not that big of a deal for Ceresnak. I saw some of his tweets via the sidebar widget on Rangers Report and SNYRangersBlog and he mentioned wanting to go home.

He wasn't playing for the Whale and still doesn't know English that well, plus he's spent the last 8 months being away. Let him go home, spend some time with his family, learn some English, get a plan from Reg Grant, etc.

I remember in college I couldn't wait to go home at the end of a semester, see my family and friends I grew up with so I relate to the dude.

As for Prospects; they still have McL, Miller, Thomas, Fasth, Lindberg, Yogan, McColgan, St. Croix, Stacjer plus whomever they add this year and maybe even Schultz.

That's weaker than it was in lets say 2009, but still not too shabby.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:03 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Better late than never, Noreau gets an ATO.

JT Miller still not listed on the AHL transactions page.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:19 PM
NYRMatt

Whale take Game 1 against Sound Tigers

Old
04-19-2012, 10:11 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post
Whale take Game 1 against Sound Tigers
Ryan Bourque with a goal and assist. He had a bad season BUT it all starts over in the playoffs. Keep it up kid.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:58 PM
bourgeoisie
Je suis Charlie

Apparently Talbot played stellar, recording a 42 save shutout. Franchise record for most saves for a shutout in a postseason game.

Erixon got an assist. Tessier got the game winning goal and an assist.

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/?article_id=988

Old
04-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I wrote my brief playoff preview for BlueLineStation.com today and Talbot at least held up to one of my points...that a goalie needs to get hot. The grinders continued to be the offense for the Whale. That simply MUST change, because Talbot isn't going to stop 40+ shots every night. Still, this is great to see. It being a five game series, the Whale could end things quick if they win another and take the series home with a 2-0 lead on Sunday.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
I wrote my brief playoff preview for BlueLineStation.com today and Talbot at least held up to one of my points...that a goalie needs to get hot. The grinders continued to be the offense for the Whale. That simply MUST change, because Talbot isn't going to stop 40+ shots every night. Still, this is great to see. It being a five game series, the Whale could end things quick if they win another and take the series home with a 2-0 lead on Sunday.
Sounds a lot like the Rangers.

I might be going up for the game Sunday. What are the odds of me seeing Miller?

Old
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Also I must say, Kelsey Tessier is an under the radar player. His progression has been decent and he's the kind of guts rather than glory player you look for. He truly earns his goals and points. Love what he has done for the team this year.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

I'll be there Sunday so hopefully we both see Miller! That's a good question though. You figure with him being a first-round pick that the Rangers would want Gernander to get him involved. He just has to do the hard task of telling a guy who has played all year with the Whale that he has to sit...or he can bench a new guy like Moses or Hrivik, which to me seems like a more likely option, because it would mean Miller would get on a scoring line. I don't think the kid comes here and sits. And since the top lines aren't scoring at all, adding a new player like Miller to the mix could be tempting to Gernander.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Talbot played well down the stretch. Johnson is a group 6 UFA this summer. They have Stajcer and Missean under contract.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Apr 20, 2012 11:19a

From Whalers to Whale RT @CTWhale: J.T. Miller has been added to the Whale from OHL Plymouth. #NYR 2011 first-round pick.

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PaulDoyle1/status/193358169412599809

Old
04-20-2012, 11:16 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Apr 20, 2012 11:19a

From Whalers to Whale RT @CTWhale: J.T. Miller has been added to the Whale from OHL Plymouth. #NYR 2011 first-round pick.

sent via TweetDeck
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PaulDoyle1/status/193358169412599809
Let's hope he acquits himself well. It is, of course, possible he'll be in the AHL next season, but my guess would be that he ultimately goes back to juniors.

RANGERS =
Old
04-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Let's hope he acquits himself well. It is, of course, possible he'll be in the AHL next season, but my guess would be that he ultimately goes back to juniors.
I thought if you're under 20 and don't make the NHL roster out of camp you have to go back to juniors anyway?

edit: From the AHL forum: "There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility."

Miller turned 19 a month ago so he wouldn't be eligible for the AHL in 2012-2013

Old
04-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I thought if you're under 20 and don't make the NHL roster out of camp you have to go back to juniors anyway?

edit: From the AHL forum: "There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility."

Miller turned 19 a month ago so he wouldn't be eligible for the AHL in 2012-2013
He was drafted out of the USHL, not the CHL, so he is eligible for the Whale next season.

Closed Thread