HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Lightning, 12/12, 7pm, Versus

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2011, 04:06 PM
RNCDevil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Chico is among one of the most unbiased color guys in the entire league. Why people rip on him for that is beyond me. He will ALWAYS acknowledge when the Devils benefit from a bad call, or if they get away with one.

The only bias he has is that he over exaggerates everything about goalies, but that's expected. He will NEVER bash anybody.

Also, when he screws up I laugh about it more than I get angry. The guy is hilarious.
I like Chico. He's not great with details but I think he's got a great "feel"* for the game he's calling.

* I refuse to define "feel" any further.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Chico is among one of the most unbiased color guys in the entire league. Why people rip on him for that is beyond me. He will ALWAYS acknowledge when the Devils benefit from a bad call, or if they get away with one.

The only bias he has is that he over exaggerates everything about goalies, but that's expected. He will NEVER bash anybody.

Also, when he screws up I laugh about it more than I get angry. The guy is hilarious.
This all the way! I am a huge Chico fan. Of course he misses stuff but he is getting up in age now. He is a perfectly acceptable color guy in my book.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

A win would be nice. Glad to hear Travis is traveling with the team even if he's not playing just yet.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Chico hate and yes, THAT actually is a HATE, is ridiculous. Is he the best color guy in the league? Of course not, but he`s fair, unbiased and funny. I appreciate it. Some of you guys take it way too seriously. If you think he`s bad, you don`t know BAD. I can understand DF`s POV, simply because he`s in the business, but not yours.

As I`ve said before, if you think he`s bad, you`re not watching other teams enough, you`d know better.

Cangi hate I have no problem with. Could be worse though.

Last edited by Getzo5: 12-12-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
can we one day have a kovy trick? or is his career as a sniper pretty much over? le sigh part deux.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
can we one day have a kovy trick? or is his career as a sniper pretty much over? le sigh part deux.
I`d be happy with in a couple. Solid effort every game rather than being mediocre and scoring in bunches every once in a while. See: Marian Gaborik 10-11.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:21 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

gabby and richards are playing some great hockey right now, heck their whole team is. im slightly jealous. my jealousy only extends as far as their stars scoring and ours not, thats as far as ill go for them.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsNJ4 View Post
He's still very unprofessional on-air
I'm ok with that. Colour guys have lower standards for professionalism. They are expected to be rooting for the home team. Guys even get fired because they don't do it enough.

Quote:
If you ask fans around the league, I'm sure you'll hear the opinion that the Devils have ruined Kovy as a high scoring player. I'd say that his scoring has come down a little, but his defence, teamwork, and puck responsibility have improved by leaps and bounds. That's a fine trade to me.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
If you ask fans around the league
you lost me there

Old
12-12-2011, 04:35 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Quote:
If you ask fans around the league, I'm sure you'll hear the opinion that the Devils have ruined Kovy as a high scoring player. I'd say that his scoring has come down a little, but his defence, teamwork, and puck responsibility have improved by leaps and bounds. That's a fine trade to me.
see heres where im torn. because hes a sniper, and i want him to be a sniper. i dont want a defensive type player. i dont want a pker(like hes been, even if it is a lark) and i dont want a player like him to be anything hes not. is that wrong? maybe. hes no hossa thats for sure. i just want him to score goals and be consistent like he was in atlanta. i know i know, but were the devils, we have defensive standards. im sorry but i just dont care. give the grant marshalls, and david clarksons and other sods those assignments. i just want to see a scoring threat each and every time hes out there. now im always expecting a defesive gaffe or a misplay because hes trying to transform himself into some sortve butterfly. hes not a butterfly. russians cant be butterflys. its in books or something.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
PacManNJD
@DeFazioNJ

Quote:
It's unfortunate that, while this is absolutely true, people will continue to write off Kovy as ruined seeing as many fans use goal totals as the only measure of success in this league now...

"Responsible play? **** that. MOAR GOALZ."

Old
12-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
He was never consistent in Atlanta. Kovy has always been a notoriously streaky player.

And he needs to be able to make some effort to fit into the Devils mould. He needs to be able to hold his own defensively to some extent. You simply cannot have players who are liabilities in the defensive zone in the playoffs, where every mistake is magnified in importance.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Chico provides comic relief needed during a game.......some of his rambles are of course hilariously odd but it's just Chico being Chico - he doesn't take himself or much else too seriously and the dude is always upbeat

Off the air as many have also experienced, he's one of the most down to earth people and is always willing to talk with anybody for as long as he can and based on my experiences he is far more knowledgeable than he seems when he's on air

Old
12-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
that Chico rant about cupcakes last week still has me cracking up for how ridiculous it was
That ruled, lol.

"And my favorite was chocolate!"

Old
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

Quote:
gabby and richards are playing some great hockey right now, heck their whole team is. im slightly jealous. my jealousy only extends as far as their stars scoring and ours not, thats as far as ill go for them.
Any time you're jealous, just look at their throwback WC crest. The ****ing thing looks like a 4 year old tried drawing the current crest.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:43 PM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

I'm annoyed about Boo's demotion (again), hoping that Jacques spent some time with him and Kovy, neither have been the same since the coaching change. <3 Jacques

Old
12-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Chico provides comic relief needed during a game.......some of his rambles are of course hilariously odd but it's just Chico being Chico - he doesn't take himself or much else too seriously and the dude is always upbeat

Off the air as many have also experienced, he's one of the most down to earth people and is always willing to talk with anybody for as long as he can and based on my experiences he is far more knowledgeable than he seems when he's on air
It`s not an easy job unlike many on here think.

Old
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
It`s not an easy job unlike many on here think.
Chico is fine, I'd much rather have him then fall asleep listening to half of the rest of the league's PBP AND color guys

PBP/color guys are always under an unnecessary microscope I've felt......just watch the damn game, it's like some people are worried more about the pbp/color guys than they are the game sometimes

Old
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

The earliest Zajac will play is Niedermayer night, correct?

Old
12-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Cowbell232

This is the kind of game this team is supposed to win...

This season hasn't been all terrible so far, but they need to get their **** together soon I think.

12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Baggy Spandex
The Nightman Cometh

Before my buddy went into the Marine Corps, he would always say to me "the Devils need to stop playing at the level of their opponent."

He's on his second tour of Afghanistan now. That's how long they've been pulling this ****.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Chico is fine, I'd much rather have him then fall asleep listening to half of the rest of the league's PBP AND color guys

PBP/color guys are always under an unnecessary microscope I've felt......just watch the damn game, it's like some people are worried more about the pbp/color guys than they are the game sometimes
Exactly. I agree and I don`t get it either.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:02 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Say what you will about Chico, but he does know his stuff.

Old
12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
pulkit1989

is foster playing tonight?

Old
12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkit1989 View Post
is foster playing tonight?