HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

So long Nikita

Old
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

vCash: 500
I'm not going to read the entire thread since I pretty much know what to expect, but for those who keep saying the organisation screwed him, why would they do that?

When you look at the big picture, it must have been pretty f-ing clear to everyone in Ottawa that Filly had the wrong attitude and that it would have been a mistake to give him more chances when he wasn't earning them. Murray and MacLean have absolutely no reason to purposefully screw him over as they all wanted Nikita to succeed and help this team out.

So enough now, he's gone and it's for the best. Get over it.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Never understood the Filatov hype to begin with so it doesn't bother me much.

I will however admit that after our last game I was hoping MacLean would scratch Butler for a change and see what Filly could do, although he probably would have done nothing.

Romans12_12

da svidaniya *********! Aaaaaaand this is why you don't draft Russians unless they are a sure thing. The attraction to play at home where you earn more money and are appreciated far more is too great, they wont put the work in necessary just to be a middle of the pack player.

It's a fact. Just like all balls itch.

Romans12_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sensored

Not worth the risk to draft a Russian player right now. Say what you want about Yakupov being a "sure thing". But Filatov was the last "sure thing" Russian to be drafted. Everyone was saying how he was likely the best player in that draft and that he had a great attitude and wouldn't bolt...

The tempation to play at home, for more money is just too great for the young players. You can't blame them because under the circumstances just about everyone would make a similar decision.

I think Ottawa should not draft any Russian players but have plenty of scouts at the KHL level. In order to pick up some UFA's when they become available, and assuming its a good bet they can play at the NHL level.

Sensored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

It's such a shame too, cause this was a development year for the team. Spent the pick to acquire him, cause we wanted to try and develop him, and we really needed someone like him; carrying a 23 man roster means development year, lots of earning spots and players listening carefully to coaches.

The Sens were willing to spend an entire year developing him, getting him to slowly earn the confidence to fit in a position he learns and earns.

It was Filatov that didnt want to give it a shot, not the Sens. It's Filatov that wouldnt give the coaching staff a chance, not the other way around.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Xspyrit

Ok, something that hasn't been pointed out so far and that is very important :

It's Top-6 or bust for Filatov, would be pretty much useless in the bot-6 (or we have much better players for those roles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapsik View Post
He has no chance to cracking Ottawa lineup this season, with one-way contracts we have. He is not stupid and understands that. Pending between AHL and NHL is not the right way to develop young player. So KHL is the best place for him, to work on his game, make some money (only idiot wont do that) And if Ottawa dont want, to take another chance with him next season, then other teams got a better view from his game.
Well, he would crack the Sens if we has totally NHL ready. Sens wouldn't be mad if he was kicking Butler out of the line-up... but he is even less NHL ready than Butler.

Back and forth to the AHL-NHL is not a good way to develop a young prospect? I think it is : adversity, sacrifices and hard work is always good for anybody.

Agree with the rest, KHL is the right place for Filatov right now (he probably did that for money in the end).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post
Good on him, I would have left too!

Hope we see him back one day when we have less pluggers on one ways on our team!
Pluggers that outplays and outproduce him? lolz

Condra has a 82 games pace of 28 points and Winchester has a 82 games pace of 24 points. Daugavins is on a 2-way, Neil and Konopka are physical role players (Neil with a 82 games pace of 27 points)

Who should Filatov bump out of the line-up? Butler? Maybe but he didn't apparently... which makes me lol considering Butler's 2nd year slump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Radulov may have played in the CHL, but he was not nearly as highly touted as Yakupov and Grigorenko, who are ranked 1/2 by pretty much everyone. I doubt we'd be in a position to take either one, but if we were I can't see us passing on either, more so for Yakupov.
I think there's a chance we draft somewhere between 6th and 8th, so if we win the lottery... we could end up with the 2nd overall pick, wouldn't be awesome?

Of course, luck is needed

Last edited by Xspyrit: 12-12-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:31 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

So the lesson here:

If the words "chance" or "risk" are ever seen side by side with a russian player's name: Pass?

Old
12-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Ok, something that hasn't been pointed out so far and that is very important :

It's Top-6 or bust for Filatov, would be pretty much useless in the bot-6 (or we have much better players for those roles)

Well, he would crack the Sens if we has totally NHL ready. Sens wouldn't be mad if he was kicking Butler out of the line-up... but he is even less NHL ready than Butler.

Back and forth to the AHL-NHL is not a good way to develop a young prospect? I think it is : adversity, sacrifices and hard work is always good for anybody.

Agree with the rest, KHL is the right place for Filatov right now (he probably did that for money in the end).

Pluggers that outplays and outproduce him? lolz

Condra has a 82 games pace of 28 points and Winchester has a 82 games pace of 24 points. Daugavins is on a 2-way, Neil and Konopka are physical role players (Neil with a 82 games pace of 27 points)

Who should Filatov bump out of the line-up?
do you know that Filatov asked to go back or did you make that up?

To me he's clearly better than Butler right now. It frustrates me that the sens org is so stupid when it comes to Russians. Playing hardball like the sens did is why there are almost no Russians in the NHL. You play hardball when you have the big end of the stick, if you don't then you're playing a game that you're sure to lose. I thought they understood that when they invested a third for him.

Last edited by Pietraneglo222: 12-12-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
Is this a serious question at this point?

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Which part? I have no idea of what exactly you are talking about...

This?
Quote:
he probably did that for money in the end
I said "probably"...

Old
12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

no agent likes his player sitting out and leaving big money on the table. that's when they get to work.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Which part? I have no idea of what exactly you are talking about...

This?

I said "probably"...
I mean it's possible he didn't say anything and then Murray pops up and says "Well Nikita we like what you did down in bingo and we won't forget that but it seems like the team is full so we're assigning you to CSKA."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
no agent likes his player sitting out and leaving big money on the table. that's when they get to work.
Players still make money if they sit dude. If money was the problem he would have been in Russia a long time ago.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:46 AM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapsik View Post
He has no chance to cracking Ottawa lineup this season, with one-way contracts we have.
Man that's a stupid comment. I just picture you saying that to someone like Daugavins at the start of the year.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
I mean it's possible he didn't say anything and then Murray pops up and says "Well Nikita we like what you did down in bingo and we won't forget that but it seems like the team is full so we're assigning you to CSKA."
I have no idea.

I'm still not sure what part of my post you were quoting... Maybe you got mixed up with another post?

Quote:
Players still make money if they sit dude. If money was the problem he would have been in Russia a long time ago.
Yes but that could be the reason why he didn't want to go back to the AHL (that's where the Sens wanted him for now, I'm pretty sure)

Old
12-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

andystrickland Andy Strickland
Quote:
Ottawa Senators knew Nikita Filatov was headed back to Russia weeks ago...surprised he waited this long to make it official

Last edited by Icelevel: 12-12-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old
12-12-2011, 10:54 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Oh good. Now the usual suspects can end their witch hunt for this guy.

I'll be interested to see what kind of player he comes back as and if the KHL can actually develop a NHL player.

Have fun in that circus overseas, Nikita.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 10:59 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

The only ones that are mad right now, are the ones who overhyped him in the first place and had unrealistic expectations for him.

I'm a little disappointed, but not really surprised. I wish Filatov all the best in the future, whether it be with us or someone else.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:00 AM
SensFan26

Quote:
Steve_Lloyd Steve Lloyd
Murray: Filatov cares a lot. Didn't understand the "do rebounds" mocking.
LOL.

SensFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:06 AM
L'Aveuglette
Restin' my groin.

Quote:

To me he's clearly better than Butler right now. It frustrates me that the sens org is so stupid when it comes to Russians. Playing hardball like the sens did is why there are almost no Russians in the NHL. You play hardball when you have the big end of the stick, if you don't then you're playing a game that you're sure to lose. I thought they understood that when they invested a third for him.
This post is hilarious. Who really lost here? Pretty sure the Sens only gave up a third rounder for him and knew it was a slim chance he'd be a contributor this year. It's Filatov who loses out once more. Playing in the NHL is looking less and less likely for him.

No one in Ottawa will be shedding a tear over this.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
This post is hilarious. Who really lost here? Pretty sure the Sens only gave up a third rounder for him and knew it was a slim chance he'd be a contributor this year. It's Filatov who loses out once more. Playing in the NHL is looking less and less likely for him.

No one in Ottawa will be shedding a tear over this.
Sens lost Filatov who is one of the most talented young forwards in the game. So yeah, your post is hilariously blind.

Old
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
krapsik

Quote:
Man that's a stupid comment. I just picture you saying that to someone like Daugavins at the start of the year
I would be stupid to say that to Daugavins. Cause his answer would be: "F.. Off Man.
I got guaranteed NHL games in my contract".

krapsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

I'd like to see a few more quotes from Murray and Maclean. I don't expect our media to ask any tough questions to actually find out what the deal is. Probably just some "Russians eh?" ... Booboo might actually explode whilst writing his article.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

I would like to wish Nikita Filatov the best of luck in his future endeavors.

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 11:18 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
LOL.
Sign that he reads HF?

12-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

PSBJoyOnTheSens Joy Lindsay
Kleinendorst on Nikita Filatov to #KHL: "If that's really where he wants to be, then I'm behind it because he's a good kid." #BSens #Sens