HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Zach Fucale (2013, 36th, MTL)

Old
05-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
I get the thinking that the Devils should take him.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 11:55 AM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I get the thinking that the Devils should take him.
I think they'd love to have him... if they didn't have to use a top-10 pick on him. If they were able to trade a defense prospect or whatever to pick up another 1st (20-30th), they'd take him.

As it stands though I think they should take one of the forwards with their 1st and take one of Comrie/Jarry/Martin with their 2nd if they want a goalie. If the forwards are gone by the time that pick is up, perhaps trade down to around 15th and get him.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 500
is he really worth a top 10 pick??? like seriously??? HF HATES Goalies being taken earlier than 61st

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Fucale might win the QMJHL Playoffs MVP - Guy Lafleur trophy tonight. Would be the 1st 17 yo goalie to win it.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:24 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Fucale might win the QMJHL Playoffs MVP - Guy Lafleur trophy tonight. Would be the 1st 17 yo goalie to win it.
Not sure Halifax relies on Fucale that much, if it wasnt for their offense, this series would be tied.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Not sure Halifax relies on Fucale that much, if it wasnt for their offense, this series would be tied.
There was an interview with his teammates and head coach. Everybody was saying that without Fucale, they would not be there.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:44 PM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

I'm 95% sure it'll go to Fucale. If not, i'd like to see Fournier get it.. although it'd probably be Drouin.

Old
05-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I'm 95% sure it'll go to Fucale. If not, i'd like to see Fournier get it.. although it'd probably be Drouin.
Popular choice lol. Fucale should get it. He needs to get some credit.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Who decides on the award?

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Who decides on the award?
Probably the league officials. Courteau and staff? Not sure.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:42 PM
bigdirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Halifax is able to be aggressive and be creative offensively because they know they've got Fucale in goal to bail them out.

If you don't have complete confidence in your goalie, you're not going to take as many chances offensively. Halifax can take chances because they have the best goalie in the league.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 150
Fucale was awesome during these playoffs posting some solid numbers. He probably deserved to win the MVP but Drouin was a good choice too.

Killahpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:26 AM
RJQuack

Whoever criticized Fucale a week ago, please do it again next saturday lol... It's like he saw it and thrived from it.

Unbelieveable Finals. We can have all the offensive depth in the world, the Drakkar could be celebrating the Presidents Cup in their hotel right now without good ol Zach in net. Big game goalie, and thats undeniable.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:12 AM
R S

vCash: 1000
I think he should go around 25th overall in the draft, from what I've seen. Solid goaltender, but this isn't very "top end" goalie draft, even when compared to last year.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:15 AM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Whoever criticized Fucale a week ago, please do it again next saturday lol... It's like he saw it and thrived from it.

Unbelieveable Finals. We can have all the offensive depth in the world, the Drakkar could be celebrating the Presidents Cup in their hotel right now without good ol Zach in net. Big game goalie, and thats undeniable.
That's so true. I'm not sure if you were there or watching on tv, but on Eastlink during the intermission they had a camera in the locker room and Fucale was so incredibly calm. He looked to be chewing on some gum and talking to Clarke.. He was so relaxed while I was here all tense just waiting for the final buzzer. Someone's going to get an absolute stud of a goalie!!

Old
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
George Maharis
Risk Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I think he should go around 25th overall in the draft, from what I've seen. Solid goaltender, but this isn't very "top end" goalie draft, even when compared to last year.
Perfect for the Leafs <3

Old
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Use the Schwartz*

Love to see the Blues grab him if there isn't any solid center prospects on the board.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:10 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Way to low. Yeah, yeah. Homer moose fan here, right? and compared to last years group? Fucale >>> Subban. Fucale is much better positionally and technically then Subban is.

Well not really. I think the way the draft is shacking out this year that there are some teams between 9-20 that are in serious need of a franchise tender.

Not only does Zach have elite level goaltending ability in spades, the kid is a gem of a human being. I am really starting to warm up to the possibility of the Devils or Flyers taking him at 9th or 11th. Two good franchises I'd love to see Zach play with for years to come.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
Way to low. Yeah, yeah. Homer moose fan here, right? and compared to last years group? Fucale >>> Subban. Fucale is much better positionally and technically then Subban is.

Well not really. I think the way the draft is shacking out this year that there are some teams between 9-20 that are in serious need of a franchise tender.

Not only does Zach have elite level goaltending ability in spades, the kid is a gem of a human being. I am really starting to warm up to the possibility of the Devils or Flyers taking him at 9th or 11th. Two good franchises I'd love to see Zach play with for years to come.
"Fucale >>> Subban" based on what? Something tells me you've only ever watched Subban at the world juniors but have watched Fucale 60+ times in Halifax and have a largely bias opinion.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:35 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
"Fucale >>> Subban" based on what? Something tells me you've only ever watched Subban at the world juniors but have watched Fucale 60+ times in Halifax and have a largely bias opinion.
Based on watching them both enough to form a decently educated opinion. What I've seen out of Fucale in his draft year, and Subban last year. I think Fucale is ahead of him in his development going into the NHL draft. So I expect him to go ahead of where Boston took Subban. That, + as I mentioned, I believe there are quite a few teams that will be clamouring for a blue chip goalie prospect in the middle of the 1st round.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:10 PM
R S

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut and Dry Sports View Post
Based on watching them both enough to form a decently educated opinion. What I've seen out of Fucale in his draft year, and Subban last year. I think Fucale is ahead of him in his development going into the NHL draft. So I expect him to go ahead of where Boston took Subban. That, + as I mentioned, I believe there are quite a few teams that will be clamouring for a blue chip goalie prospect in the middle of the 1st round.
Agree to disagree I guess. Not going to call you a homer, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:23 PM
RJQuack

Compare him to subban all you want, Vasilevski was the 1st goalie taken ... So shouldn't we be comparing him to Fucale instead.

I've seen Subban a handful of times, enough to make a fair comparison between he and Fucale? No. Fucale's pro potential is in his composure and technically sound positioning, which has looked better than what I saw from Subban... But I'm not a scout and it's my own personal opinion... Subban of course, had better stats.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 10:43 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Compare him to subban all you want, Vasilevski was the 1st goalie taken ... So shouldn't we be comparing him to Fucale instead.

I've seen Subban a handful of times, enough to make a fair comparison between he and Fucale? No. Fucale's pro potential is in his composure and technically sound positioning, which has looked better than what I saw from Subban... But I'm not a scout and it's my own personal opinion... Subban of course, had better stats.
I've name dropped Vasilevski a ton in this thread but it's tough to compare MHL to CHL

Old
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

Quote:

I wouldn't disagree with much of that at all, and I should say, I'm a fan of Subban's game. My point of contention is more where I think Fucale will end up being drafted this year. (which is highly then goalies have been going over the last couple years)

I admittedly totally whiffed on Vasilevski, North American bias! haha

Old
05-11-2013, 11:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Subban is more of an athletic goalie, and he's bigger, whereas Fucale is more positional and plays more of a butterfly, both are great goalies, but I'd say Fucale is ahead at the same age and ahead overall.

Subban is 2 years older then Fucale...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote