HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Zach Fucale (2013, 36th, MTL)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 AM
  #201
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Just as predicted by many fans, when faced with a heavy workload, Zach plays his best. This Saturday against Moncton he faced 21 shots in the 1st, and was sensational... When he's into the game he's tough to stop ...

Not sure how if you can track this, but I believe he would have some of the top stats in the 3rd period ... He's always there for us then .... With the increased action he's recorded his first two shutouts this season in the last three weeks too.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:44 PM
  #202
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
Just put up a 49 save performance + saved all 3 shots in the shootout for a 4-3 victory over Val d'Or.

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:03 PM
  #203
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Just put up a 49 save performance + saved all 3 shots in the shootout for a 4-3 victory over Val d'Or.
I talked to a Val d'Or fan who was at the game, said it was one of the most frustrating games he's ever seen. Val d'Or threw everything they had at Fucale, but as has been said before, Fucale plays his best when facing lots of shots.

From reading these boards, it seems that many posters would be content to pass him over with a 1st round pick and just take some random goalie in the late rounds.
Yes, we all know goalies are hard to predict. Yes, many starting goalies came from the late rounds. That doesn't mean NHL teams don't scout them. Franchise goalies have to come from somewhere, and I'm willing to bet some team picking in the top 10 believes he's going to be another Carey Price.
Maybe goalies just aren't as fun to talk about as high-flying forwards, but any hype Fucale does get around here is deserved. I know, I know, it's hard to tell how a goalie will turn out, Fucale just hasn't given any reason to believe he won't become a great goalie.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
  #204
TheTechNoir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Something to note about Fucale if it hasn't already (haven't read this thread admittedly) is that when he has a bad game, he bounces back immediately and shakes it off/shows composure.

No wonder Val d'Or fans were flustered. They really peppered him good in that third. Was an enjoyable game as a moose fan.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:47 PM
  #205
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
I talked to a Val d'Or fan who was at the game, said it was one of the most frustrating games he's ever seen. Val d'Or threw everything they had at Fucale, but as has been said before, Fucale plays his best when facing lots of shots.

From reading these boards, it seems that many posters would be content to pass him over with a 1st round pick and just take some random goalie in the late rounds.
Yes, we all know goalies are hard to predict. Yes, many starting goalies came from the late rounds. That doesn't mean NHL teams don't scout them. Franchise goalies have to come from somewhere, and I'm willing to bet some team picking in the top 10 believes he's going to be another Carey Price.
Maybe goalies just aren't as fun to talk about as high-flying forwards, but any hype Fucale does get around here is deserved. I know, I know, it's hard to tell how a goalie will turn out, Fucale just hasn't given any reason to believe he won't become a great goalie.
As a one time net minder I can assure you a great goalie can steal quite a few wins for a team. It also frees uo both the offense and the defense and let's them be more aggressive inside the opponents blue line.

I could see Furcale being taken in the first round but I think more after the 15th or so pick.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:02 PM
  #206
George Maharis
Risk Taker
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,903
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
As a one time net minder I can assure you a great goalie can steal quite a few wins for a team. It also frees uo both the offense and the defense and let's them be more aggressive inside the opponents blue line.

I could see Furcale being taken in the first round but I think more after the 15th or so pick.
You were a goalie? I never would have thought so...

But yeah, you're right. I've been thinking he would go around 20th this year, but I guess it comes down to what the GM thinks versus who's available. In the end, I think Columbus will probably take him.. The odds are in their favour, and considering they do have 3 first rounders, they can take the risk of picking him with at least 1 while still managing to not screw themselves with the other two.

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:31 PM
  #207
bigdirty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGoaltender View Post
As a one time net minder I can assure you a great goalie can steal quite a few wins for a team. It also frees uo both the offense and the defense and let's them be more aggressive inside the opponents blue line.

I could see Furcale being taken in the first round but I think more after the 15th or so pick.
I'm expecting anywhere in the 10-20 range, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's top 10. Charles Wang isn't the only one who can fall in love with a goalie at the draft.

bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:54 PM
  #208
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
You were a goalie? I never would have thought so...

But yeah, you're right. I've been thinking he would go around 20th this year, but I guess it comes down to what the GM thinks versus who's available. In the end, I think Columbus will probably take him.. The odds are in their favour, and considering they do have 3 first rounders, they can take the risk of picking him with at least 1 while still managing to not screw themselves with the other two.
As a Jackets fan I'd be very happy with Furcale. A draft of Mac, Hunter and Furcale would be a helluva first round.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  #209
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,394
vCash: 500
In my latest mock draft, Fucale goes 10th overall to the Oilers. Honestly, he deserves the hype and if Campbell went 11th overall, Fucale can go at that spot too.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
  #210
NHL Dude 120
Registered User
 
NHL Dude 120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 135
Umm Didn't Columbus already select two goalies in the previous draft. if i'm not mistaken Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korisalo.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:51 PM
  #211
OldGoaltender
Registered User
 
OldGoaltender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Triad NC
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
Umm Didn't Columbus already select two goalies in the previous draft. if i'm not mistaken Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korisalo.
Yes we did but I don't think either have Furcale's upside.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
  #212
Use the Schwartz*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Id like to see the Blues take a pick on Fucale if he is still around between 15-25.

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:32 PM
  #213
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,379
vCash: 150
If the Sens end up trading Bishop, would love to maybe see Fucale get picked up by them and replenish the pipeline.

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:04 PM
  #214
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,154
vCash: 500
If Toronto is picking in the mid-teens, he'd be a great pick.

__________________
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l553/noiseboi/William_Nylander_siggy2.png
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:06 PM
  #215
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
Through 6 games in the playoffs he's 6-0-0 with a GAA of 0.67 Sv% of 0.961 and 2 shutouts to start the series against Gatineau. He's been lights out especially in Game 1 against Gatineau where they had some very solid point-blank scoring chances.

God I want Toronto to pick him...

Patmac40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:14 PM
  #216
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Id like to see the Blues take a pick on Fucale if he is still around between 15-25.
A team will take a gamble on Fucale, higher than you think, ie: Carey Price.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
  #217
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
A team will take a gamble on Fucale, higher than you think, ie: Carey Price.
I could see Chicago moving up to pick him. They have a lot of B level prospects that they can move, and they really need a high end goalie prospect, kinda thought they would take Vasilevski last year.

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:11 PM
  #218
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
I could see Chicago moving up to pick him. They have a lot of B level prospects that they can move, and they really need a high end goalie prospect, kinda thought they would take Vasilevski last year.
In three drafts, Bowman has only taken one goalie before the 7th round, Kent Simpson. But he's drafted four goalies in the 7th.

I don't think Bowman's the kind of guy who likes to draft goalies early.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  #219
NHL Dude 120
Registered User
 
NHL Dude 120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ethiopia
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
I could see Chicago moving up to pick him. They have a lot of B level prospects that they can move, and they really need a high end goalie prospect, kinda thought they would take Vasilevski last year.
Yeah i gotta agree, but i think the fact that Teravainen was available threw a wrench in those plans.

NHL Dude 120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2013, 07:18 AM
  #220
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,224
vCash: 500
Calgary would do well to target this guy. They have three 1sts, so they can easily get it done.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 09:47 AM
  #221
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 15,242
vCash: 500
What are the chances that either NJD or Buffalo jump at him?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:24 AM
  #222
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What are the chances that either NJD or Buffalo jump at him?
I'd hope NJ passes on him. Great prospect, but the Devils have basically zero offensive talent in the system

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
  #223
Cape Bretoner
Sydneyite
 
Cape Bretoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: 4610′N6045'W
Country: Scotland
Posts: 5,112
vCash: 500
I have a feeling Philly grabs him at 11.

Cape Bretoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 08:50 PM
  #224
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,382
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
What are the chances that either NJD or Buffalo jump at him?
Buffalo taking a goalie in the top 2 rounds is unlikely based on the past.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
  #225
Dark Knight
Let's go Blue Jays!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,154
vCash: 500
New Jersey will select him with the 9th overall.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.