HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Riz, I have just one thing to say about this game

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2004, 11:43 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Riz, I have just one thing to say about this game

Old
09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
pld459666

NHL Eastside Hockey Manager

is awesome.

After figuring out how to do things like set lines and make trades it's been absolutely addictive, moreso than the original version in my humble opinion.

Trades are harder to complete which makes you think a bit more in terms of what may get a deal done.

Has it been released in the states? and if so where can I get my hands on it.

thanks.

Old
09-23-2004, 01:15 PM
riz

vCash: 500
Hi, good to hear you found your way around the interface and had the patience to learn it. I know it's not the same as the old interface and if you've spent hundreds of hours with the old, it's a big step to learn the new way.

Last I heard, the US/CAN release should be fairly soon in October but I don't yet know a specific date. We have sent over the gold master some time ago, but seems like everything is happening at a bit slower pace over there with the publishing. Hopefully it will be in stores mid-October at latest.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the interface even easier for old hardcore freeware gamers, please gimme a shout. I've been tinkering with the idea of using the quick menu (bottom left, which now has just 3 links, news, roster and standings) to re-create the old "tabs" of the freeware. Naturally the space will not allow for each "tab" to have its own shortcut in there, but my plan was to use that space more creatively to allow more shortcuts to the most-used screens.

I'm working on the new scouting systems at the moment for the next version and it will definately be interesting. The first version was all about converting the base code for our use and now we have been set free to rage about and add all the little details and expand the existing features to cover hockey much better. It'll be a treat. Even before we get to the 2D engine. But that's still a few years away....

Old
09-23-2004, 01:16 PM
riz

Oh, almost forgot.

You're welcome. I'll forward the thanks onto the team

Old
09-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Taz

Riz tell me you dont do computer game design as well....

Old
09-24-2004, 07:58 AM
pld459666

check out

www.sigames.com

Old
09-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Tried the demo off the website, and it wouldn't recognize my hard drive because it's F: and not C: I believe. Bummed me out.

Old
09-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Master Lok

Its a fantastic game. Thank you Riz, I've been addicted to it for the past several months and My dinner is getting cold... and I've forgotten to feed the fish... LOL

Old
09-24-2004, 06:10 PM
sickboy35

riz or anybody, how do i play and what do i download? i know its sounds stupid but sometimes i'm really dumb at doing this stuff.

Old
09-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Taz

I am seriously freaked out by this, Me and Riz live in the same town support the same hockey team and he designs computer games where i am just going to Uni in London to do the same where he also lives (i think) lol do u get the train up there mate?

Old
09-27-2004, 08:56 AM
riz

sickboy: Try downloading the Gold Demo from the following page:

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=view&id=217

GM Demo (PC) should be the right one.

blu3shirt: the Gold Demo should have an installer that enables installation to other than just the C drive. Try the GM demo behind the above link.

Taz: Yeah, what are the odds of that I do take the train down to London, as it is not that long of a journey (I lived up in Cambridge for my first year and a half while working with SI in London), especially if you have a laptop and can work on the train. Though at the moment, thanks to Dell and their craptacular support, I'm forced to just read on the train... BTW, if you are a hockey fan and like sports in general, we have been planning on trying to get a floorball team started up in Letchworth. There is another finnish guy living in Letchworth who played with me in the Cambridge team and if we can find a group of hockey/ice hockey/roller hockey fans/players around Letchworth, we could teach the game and setup a team here. It's a fun and pretty cheap sport for hockey fans as it is quite similar but without the physical element and the ice. Little bit about the sport

Old
09-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Taz

i played that when i was like 15 a couple of times (19 next month) at the leisure center, im down i also rolla skated for about 3 years when i was a bit younger i also get the train too so freaky

Closed Thread