HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#29|Dec. 13, 2011|Flyers at Capitals |7:00 p.m. ET

Old
12-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Gert B Frobe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
so i guess no stepup up for JVR this game..
I think he's still not back up to speed from that abdominal thing he had/has. He doesn't seem to be skating as hard as he can.

Bryzgalov is really starting to cruise nicely. As good as the team in front of him has played - that guy is just solid.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Krishna

wyshynski Greg Wyshynski
I just watched Ed Snider do 5 pushups with the Flyers.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
MSE:

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Prongo
Beer

Are people really not happy about JVR tonight?? Really?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Are people really not happy about JVR tonight?? Really?
Gotta nitpick at everything.
Im more annoyed with Bobrovsky. didnt stop a puck all night

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I really loved the effort from the Flyers, a lot of guys really stepped up. The first period was a little rough, but after that they absolutely took control. Bryz was the definition of solid. Shelley also had a good game. Voracek might not have a shot, but damn he does make things happen on the ice. Read is the same way. If Read can work on his shot accuracy and on controlling and firing off one-timers he could be truly dangerous.

Now...I have to comment on Washington. They certainly made that game easy. They were as bad as we were in the last meeting between the two teams. I was driving when I heard this, but according to Saunders and Therien it sounded like the Caps were dropping into a trap...while they were down 4 goals. What were they thinking? Semin continues to be a complete non-factor and OV is a shadow of his former self, likely because he apparently just doesn't train in the offseason. Backstrom was good all night. Vokoun was less than impressive.

Hartnell and Talbot looked great. Apparently Hartnell is a sniper now, and I don't know what the hell to make of that.

12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
zbryne

Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Great game, thanks flyers for showing up and not making this day doom and gloom.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Gotta nitpick at everything.
Im more annoyed with Bobrovsky. didnt stop a puck all night
Tell me about it. The whole team played well, not one player deserves criticism considering the circumstances going on right now. This team played it most dominating game in years I feel and people are saying trade JVR, who indeed have a great game like everyone else

Old
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I really loved the effort from the Flyers, a lot of guys really stepped up. The first period was a little rough, but after that they absolutely took control. Bryz was the definition of solid. Shelley also had a good game. Voracek might not have a shot, but damn he does make things happen on the ice. Read is the same way. If Read can work on his shot accuracy and on controlling and firing off one-timers he could be truly dangerous.

Now...I have to comment on Washington. They certainly made that game easy. They were as bad as we were in the last meeting between the two teams. I was driving when I heard this, but according to Saunders and Therien it sounded like the Caps were dropping into a trap...while they were down 4 goals. What were they thinking? Semin continues to be a complete non-factor and OV is a shadow of his former self, likely because he apparently just doesn't train in the offseason. Backstrom was good all night. Vokoun was less than impressive.

Hartnell and Talbot looked great. Apparently Hartnell is a sniper now, and I don't know what the hell to make of that.
Were u at the game tonight?

Old
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
BWAVgal
If we burn, you burn

vCash: 50
Great team game. Everyone did their part. Even Bob, did a good job opening and closing the door. No Giroux, no problem.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Were u at the game tonight?
Goddamnit, no. I had tickets offered to me but I couldn't get off of work. It's stupid, because I'm a 5 minute walk to the Metro and then it's 15 minutes to the Verizon Center. A few Flyers fan friends I know made it.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:22 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
flyers need to package jvr and someone else to get a solid defensemen to replace pronger if his meeting with the concussion experts reaps bad news. taking a stab at bobby ryan wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Huh?!

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:24 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Goddamnit, no. I had tickets offered to me but I couldn't get off of work. It's stupid, because I'm a 5 minute walk to the Metro and then it's 15 minutes to the Verizon Center. A few Flyers fan friends I know made it.
Damn, sorry dude.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Schenn10

I went to the game tonight, great win by the Flyers.

Voracek was amazing, he was so hard to knock off the puck tonight, he seriously reminded me of jagr on the boards tonight how he was able to use his body and strength to ward off defenders and possess the puck and make plays

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Unstable

Back from the game.

Total romp. Loved it.

I haven't gotten to see every game, but I think that was Bryz's strongest - certainly the strongest I saw.

Very pleased with the team effort sans Giroux.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Harry Z is way too fast

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
AaronTrieu

I really think this strong work ethic stems from
Jagr. I'm really loving the chemistry we are seeing

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

This team's compete level has been amazing all season.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:

Well said. I was really surprised that once they fell behind they still laid back. I have a feeling Dale Hunter is taking a lot of notes. Vokoun was brutal. He let in two or three skunks for sure. Still I was surprised that the caps rolled over the way they did. The Flyers played a very solid team game. Our goalie played a very controlled game.The Habs will not be as easy.

Congrats on Harts getting #200

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Back from the game.

Total romp. Loved it.

I haven't gotten to see every game, but I think that was Bryz's strongest - certainly the strongest I saw.

Very pleased with the team effort sans Giroux.
Bryz was in control the whole game. I was surprised Dale did not pull his goalie before he did. What was the attitude of the crowd? It looked like by the middle of the 3rd period you could sit anywhere.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Bryz was in control the whole game. I was surprised Dale did not pull his goalie before he did. What was the attitude of the crowd? It looked like by the middle of the 3rd period you could sit anywhere.
Yup, pretty much. But they didn't head for the exist en mass until it was 5-0. Ironically, even more people left when it was 5-1. I guess they were just hoping for one from the home team.

I was personally very glad the game went as it did, because when it started this 8 year old kid was waving his cap in my face. That ended pretty quickly.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Suspended4Life

This is exactly the game we needed after the terrible news we got today. It reassured the team and fans that others will step up and take over and also that goals and scoring opportunities will come from someone other than G.

But the best part as I see it is it also takes some of the focus away from Giroux so he can just concentrate on working through this injury.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
This is exactly the game we needed after the terrible news we got today. It reassured the team and fans that others will step up and take over and also that goals and scoring opportunities will come from someone other than G.

But the best part as I see it is it also takes some of the focus away from Giroux so he can just concentrate on working through this injury.
Welcome to the boards!

Old
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Screw you, job, for making me miss this game in person because you make me work in Texas. Oh well, at least there's the game in April.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Prongo
Beer

I noticed a lot of other teams have a Post game thread. Why don't we ever get one going after the game to discuss the good and bad?