HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#29|Dec. 13, 2011|Flyers at Capitals |7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2011, 09:42 PM
  #451
Gert B Frobe
Registered User
 
Gert B Frobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Morgantown PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
so i guess no stepup up for JVR this game..
I think he's still not back up to speed from that abdominal thing he had/has. He doesn't seem to be skating as hard as he can.

Bryzgalov is really starting to cruise nicely. As good as the team in front of him has played - that guy is just solid.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  #452
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
wyshynski Greg Wyshynski
I just watched Ed Snider do 5 pushups with the Flyers.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
  #453
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
MSE:




dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
  #454
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Are people really not happy about JVR tonight?? Really?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
  #455
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Are people really not happy about JVR tonight?? Really?
Gotta nitpick at everything.
Im more annoyed with Bobrovsky. didnt stop a puck all night

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
  #456
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,721
vCash: 500
I really loved the effort from the Flyers, a lot of guys really stepped up. The first period was a little rough, but after that they absolutely took control. Bryz was the definition of solid. Shelley also had a good game. Voracek might not have a shot, but damn he does make things happen on the ice. Read is the same way. If Read can work on his shot accuracy and on controlling and firing off one-timers he could be truly dangerous.

Now...I have to comment on Washington. They certainly made that game easy. They were as bad as we were in the last meeting between the two teams. I was driving when I heard this, but according to Saunders and Therien it sounded like the Caps were dropping into a trap...while they were down 4 goals. What were they thinking? Semin continues to be a complete non-factor and OV is a shadow of his former self, likely because he apparently just doesn't train in the offseason. Backstrom was good all night. Vokoun was less than impressive.

Hartnell and Talbot looked great. Apparently Hartnell is a sniper now, and I don't know what the hell to make of that.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
  #457
zbryne
Registered User
 
zbryne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Great game, thanks flyers for showing up and not making this day doom and gloom.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:50 PM
  #458
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Gotta nitpick at everything.
Im more annoyed with Bobrovsky. didnt stop a puck all night
Tell me about it. The whole team played well, not one player deserves criticism considering the circumstances going on right now. This team played it most dominating game in years I feel and people are saying trade JVR, who indeed have a great game like everyone else

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
  #459
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I really loved the effort from the Flyers, a lot of guys really stepped up. The first period was a little rough, but after that they absolutely took control. Bryz was the definition of solid. Shelley also had a good game. Voracek might not have a shot, but damn he does make things happen on the ice. Read is the same way. If Read can work on his shot accuracy and on controlling and firing off one-timers he could be truly dangerous.

Now...I have to comment on Washington. They certainly made that game easy. They were as bad as we were in the last meeting between the two teams. I was driving when I heard this, but according to Saunders and Therien it sounded like the Caps were dropping into a trap...while they were down 4 goals. What were they thinking? Semin continues to be a complete non-factor and OV is a shadow of his former self, likely because he apparently just doesn't train in the offseason. Backstrom was good all night. Vokoun was less than impressive.

Hartnell and Talbot looked great. Apparently Hartnell is a sniper now, and I don't know what the hell to make of that.
Were u at the game tonight?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
  #460
BWAVgal
If we burn, you burn
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 50
Great team game. Everyone did their part. Even Bob, did a good job opening and closing the door. No Giroux, no problem.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:04 PM
  #461
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 40,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Were u at the game tonight?
Goddamnit, no. I had tickets offered to me but I couldn't get off of work. It's stupid, because I'm a 5 minute walk to the Metro and then it's 15 minutes to the Verizon Center. A few Flyers fan friends I know made it.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:22 PM
  #462
CSKA1974
Registered User
 
CSKA1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyerville
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
flyers need to package jvr and someone else to get a solid defensemen to replace pronger if his meeting with the concussion experts reaps bad news. taking a stab at bobby ryan wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Huh?!

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:24 PM
  #463
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Goddamnit, no. I had tickets offered to me but I couldn't get off of work. It's stupid, because I'm a 5 minute walk to the Metro and then it's 15 minutes to the Verizon Center. A few Flyers fan friends I know made it.
Damn, sorry dude.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
  #464
Schenn10
Registered User
 
Schenn10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
I went to the game tonight, great win by the Flyers.

Voracek was amazing, he was so hard to knock off the puck tonight, he seriously reminded me of jagr on the boards tonight how he was able to use his body and strength to ward off defenders and possess the puck and make plays

Schenn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:25 PM
  #465
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Back from the game.

Total romp. Loved it.

I haven't gotten to see every game, but I think that was Bryz's strongest - certainly the strongest I saw.

Very pleased with the team effort sans Giroux.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:29 PM
  #466
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
Harry Z is way too fast

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
  #467
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,023
vCash: 500
I really think this strong work ethic stems from
Jagr. I'm really loving the chemistry we are seeing

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
  #468
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,373
vCash: 500
This team's compete level has been amazing all season.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
  #469
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I really loved the effort from the Flyers, a lot of guys really stepped up. The first period was a little rough, but after that they absolutely took control. Bryz was the definition of solid. Shelley also had a good game. Voracek might not have a shot, but damn he does make things happen on the ice. Read is the same way. If Read can work on his shot accuracy and on controlling and firing off one-timers he could be truly dangerous.

Now...I have to comment on Washington. They certainly made that game easy. They were as bad as we were in the last meeting between the two teams. I was driving when I heard this, but according to Saunders and Therien it sounded like the Caps were dropping into a trap...while they were down 4 goals. What were they thinking? Semin continues to be a complete non-factor and OV is a shadow of his former self, likely because he apparently just doesn't train in the offseason. Backstrom was good all night. Vokoun was less than impressive.

Hartnell and Talbot looked great. Apparently Hartnell is a sniper now, and I don't know what the hell to make of that.
Well said. I was really surprised that once they fell behind they still laid back. I have a feeling Dale Hunter is taking a lot of notes. Vokoun was brutal. He let in two or three skunks for sure. Still I was surprised that the caps rolled over the way they did. The Flyers played a very solid team game. Our goalie played a very controlled game.The Habs will not be as easy.

Congrats on Harts getting #200

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
  #470
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Back from the game.

Total romp. Loved it.

I haven't gotten to see every game, but I think that was Bryz's strongest - certainly the strongest I saw.

Very pleased with the team effort sans Giroux.
Bryz was in control the whole game. I was surprised Dale did not pull his goalie before he did. What was the attitude of the crowd? It looked like by the middle of the 3rd period you could sit anywhere.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:03 PM
  #471
Unstable
Registered User
 
Unstable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Exiled in NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Bryz was in control the whole game. I was surprised Dale did not pull his goalie before he did. What was the attitude of the crowd? It looked like by the middle of the 3rd period you could sit anywhere.
Yup, pretty much. But they didn't head for the exist en mass until it was 5-0. Ironically, even more people left when it was 5-1. I guess they were just hoping for one from the home team.

I was personally very glad the game went as it did, because when it started this 8 year old kid was waving his cap in my face. That ended pretty quickly.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
  #472
Suspended4Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
This is exactly the game we needed after the terrible news we got today. It reassured the team and fans that others will step up and take over and also that goals and scoring opportunities will come from someone other than G.

But the best part as I see it is it also takes some of the focus away from Giroux so he can just concentrate on working through this injury.

Suspended4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:24 PM
  #473
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
This is exactly the game we needed after the terrible news we got today. It reassured the team and fans that others will step up and take over and also that goals and scoring opportunities will come from someone other than G.

But the best part as I see it is it also takes some of the focus away from Giroux so he can just concentrate on working through this injury.
Welcome to the boards!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
  #474
wahoowa
All in the Game
 
wahoowa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 945
vCash: 500
Screw you, job, for making me miss this game in person because you make me work in Texas. Oh well, at least there's the game in April.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:54 PM
  #475
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,214
vCash: 500
I noticed a lot of other teams have a Post game thread. Why don't we ever get one going after the game to discuss the good and bad?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.