Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

SHAW and Jets TSN

Old
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
grumpy old jet fan

vCash: 50
SHAW and Jets TSN

Last night and again this morning I tuned to Shaw TSN Jets and the game tonight did not appear on their schedule. I then looked ahead and there were no Jets games on the Shaw Jets TSN schedule.

Now I know it is to be carried on Jets TSN tonight. But WTF is goin' on? I could not program my DVR to record.

Anyone else have this problem or know what the problem is?

grumpy old jet fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
Do you subscribe to the channel? The free ride was extended because they screwed up, but then the extension ended on Dec.... 5th or so I believe.

I ended up subscribing and it's been working for me. But I will be at the game tonight so I can't check if it will work or not. Maybe someone here can?

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

I've got Shaw and the games show up on my PVR guide for TSN Jets.

JustGivingEr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:10 PM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
You can manually program your DVR to record. If you go to the Off-Air part on the channel at 7, and press record, you can set a manual recording where you specify the start and end times. I set it for 7:25 to 10:15, I don't need the pregame show.

Just because it doesn't appear in the guide doesn't mean it will not appear. The guide is written by a third party who are obviously too slow to update the guide, and Shaw would require advance notice for it to flow into their system. Whether you subscribe to the channel or not isn't the issue, because you can see the listings for every channel whether you receive it or not.

The signal will come through from TSN and as long as Shaw hasn't messed it up on their end the signal will still come through even though it says off air. My best guess as to why you can't see it is that the guide company (Prevue, as you can see their logo when you open the guide beside the picture) has not updated the info. I haven't been able to check since about 9:30 this morning so I don't know if it's since been updated.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:12 PM
WaveRaven

I am in the same boat as of this morning it's not on my guide. It better freaking be on tonight !!!!

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

vCash: 1000
I subscribe and my guide is also not showing any games. I noticed it a few days ago. I wasn't concerned as I am going to the game tonight, but now you guys have me worried. What gives?

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:48 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

It'll be there. I don't think they want to screw it up now that people are paying for it.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Just checked and it's there for me. I have Shaw and live downtown.

If you don't have it I'd check to be sure.

12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

I also noticed this. I was looking ahead to see what games were on which channels and all I go was Saturday's HNIC.

BTW, the program guide shows all events whether or not you subscribe. The idea is to get you to think about subscribing.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

I have it listed in my digital guide right now, and I did re-order the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I also noticed this. I was looking ahead to see what games were on which channels and all I go was Saturday's HNIC.

BTW, the program guide shows all events whether or not you subscribe. The idea is to get you to think about subscribing.

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
buyinnow

not getting the game. I Hate Shaw. It's time to go to Bell.

buyinnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
not getting the game. I Hate Shaw. It's time to go to Bell.
Any chance you didn't tell them you were going to pick up the monthly package?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:16 PM
buyinnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Any chance you didn't tell them you were going to pick up the monthly package?
registered a week ago and watched Fridays game with no problem. i've been waiting for an hour and a half for the shaw call back. End of the month I cancel everything shaw and sell the hd boxes.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:02 PM
grumpy old jet fan

Yup, I did subscribe to TSN Jets. Three times. Twice on-line. Lastly in person last week. The person I spoke with indicated the on-line subscriptions did not take but "he'd be happy" to take my subscription.

I went to tonight's game so I don't know if I received the game on Shaw. The directory has reappeared though...

grumpy old jet fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

I went to watch the pregamer tonight and noticed that for some reason my subscription hadn't "stuck".
I went online to the Shaw site and resubbed in about 90 seconds. I hit submit on the confirmation and it unlocked for me within 5secs.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:20 PM
gholas

Yeah I just wanna say I signed up the Jets on TSN on Shaw and I get them showing up in my mail box and my mail man's pony is always late..........................................

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
buyinnow

got to watch the 3rd period. Shaw called and they played stupid..we have no idea why your order isnt showing up. Eventhough I watched the game Friday night.

The signup page at shaw.ca tsnjets wouldn't work tonight either. Every time I tried to sign up I got an error and I was supposed to call a local number to talk to a digital tv representative. phoned the number...there are currently no represenatives able to talk.

one big clusterf .

Old
12-13-2011, 11:44 PM
tbcwpg

Love how some people claim one big conspiracy when they're mad. I used to work there (Shaw) and sometimes things just don't work the way they're supposed to. It sucks but when everything is computerized that's what happens. The tools tech support reps there aren't as detailed as to why certain channels aren't coming through at certain times. Reps aren't "playing dumb", it's just not immediately apparent why channels aren't working. No one is muting the phone and snickering at you while you're missing a game. People always say "just fix it", if it were that simple it would have already been fixed.

My PVR didn't record the game tonight. I'm annoyed but im not going to claim that they targeted me for some game

Old
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
buyinnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Love how some people claim one big conspiracy
if you're talking about me posting "Shaw called and they played stupid" it's already been noted that the website wasn't working properly, hence the logjam 1 hour 45 min wait to hear back from them. I believe that to be playing dumb because no one can be that incompetent.

ps you're the BEST!
if you're not talking about my post, ignore.

Old
12-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
As a Shaw customer in Edmonton (I know, I know...)

I just wish they gave me the option of watching CBC Winnipeg!

I pay through the nose for Centre Ice, so I can watch every game via TSN Jets - but on Saturday nights, since I have no option for CBC Winnipeg, I'm stuck in the corner watching th game on a crappy 15" laptop, instead of my 46" HD TV.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:19 AM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Love how some people claim one big conspiracy when they're mad. I used to work there (Shaw) and sometimes things just don't work the way they're supposed to. It sucks but when everything is computerized that's what happens. The tools tech support reps there aren't as detailed as to why certain channels aren't coming through at certain times. Reps aren't "playing dumb", it's just not immediately apparent why channels aren't working. No one is muting the phone and snickering at you while you're missing a game. People always say "just fix it", if it were that simple it would have already been fixed.

My PVR didn't record the game tonight. I'm annoyed but im not going to claim that they targeted me for some game
Shaw has nothing but problems in this province though. There is a reason why there are people that are switching. First had shaw with PVR etc and we programmed it and nothing would ever record. Have had Bell and MTS since and the only time Bell hasn't recorded is when the signal is lost (which is rare) and MTS it rarely goes down. Shaw's software and network f-ing suck.

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyinnow View Post
if you're talking about me posting "Shaw called and they played stupid" it's already been noted that the website wasn't working properly, hence the logjam 1 hour 45 min wait to hear back from them. I believe that to be playing dumb because no one can be that incompetent.

ps you're the BEST!
if you're not talking about my post, ignore.
From what I understand its been like that in tech support for awhile. Not every call is related to one issue with over a million people subscribed (they say) odds are there might be 1000 issues at one time, and it's across the country not just Winnipeg.

Sometimes the calls can be a waste of time that tie up someone for a long time. I remember one time when I was there having some older guy ranting and raving about his box not working his tv saying no signal, it's been like this all day, etc etc. 10 minute call by this point. Turns out he had turned off the box the night before and it was off all day.

Anyone else have a pvr problem tonight? And they have that pace plus hard drive?

Old
12-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post
Shaw has nothing but problems in this province though. There is a reason why there are people that are switching. First had shaw with PVR etc and we programmed it and nothing would ever record. Have had Bell and MTS since and the only time Bell hasn't recorded is when the signal is lost (which is rare) and MTS it rarely goes down. Shaw's software and network f-ing suck.
Well I am going to disagree here. I had Shaw for one year and did not have one single problem with them. I switched to MTS, and inside 2 weeks I had to call tech support twice due to tv/internet crashing. Has happened an additional 2-3 times where I have had to call tech support(in 6 months), plus I have to reboot the box at least monthly since it crashes (takes about 15 minutes, not huge but annoying). Also, about once or twice every two weeks for a day or so my internet is very buggy, my laptop disconnects from the internet, only to reconnect 10-20 seconds later every 5 minutes or so. Especially annoying when I am trying to nagivate around the boards or TRYING THE STREAM HOCKEY GAMES. Drives me nuts. Never had anything of the sort with Shaw. Needless to say, Shaw is coming in on the 20th and MTS is gone.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Well I am going to disagree here. I had Shaw for one year and did not have one single problem with them. I switched to MTS, and inside 2 weeks I had to call tech support twice due to tv/internet crashing. Has happened an additional 2-3 times where I have had to call tech support(in 6 months), plus I have to reboot the box at least monthly since it crashes (takes about 15 minutes, not huge but annoying). Also, about once or twice every two weeks for a day or so my internet is very buggy, my laptop disconnects from the internet, only to reconnect 10-20 seconds later every 5 minutes or so. Especially annoying when I am trying to nagivate around the boards or TRYING THE STREAM HOCKEY GAMES. Drives me nuts. Never had anything of the sort with Shaw. Needless to say, Shaw is coming in on the 20th and MTS is gone.
I agree. I had Shaw and got sucked in by an MTS deal. Shaw was very complimentary and even said if I ever decided to come back, there would be no installation charge. They even gave me a deal for 6 months when I eventually did. MTS was terrible. Their packages, service and problems with the signal were constant. Then when I left them they charged me an additional month! I was so choked. FINALLY I am done with my MTS home phone and my cell contract just expired. I will never go back to them again.

The one thing I will say against Shaw is you wait a LONG time to talk to customer service. I find the chat is faster.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:50 AM
tbcwpg

I know as many people that have had problems with Shaw as people that have had problems with MTS. Everyone has different experiences.

If you want to get the lowest hold time at Shaw don't call on Monday if you can avoid it, and call between 3-6pm. Mondays are bad because most people think customer service is closed on the weekends, and between 3-6 most people are leaving work or school.