HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils vs. Panthers, 12/13, 7:30pm, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2011, 01:00 AM
apice3*

vCash: 500
I just want to point something out regarding the "WTF are we doing with Tedenby" debate.

Players like Mills, Palmieri, Sestito, and Zharkov have all gotten time over Tedenby. However, they have come and gone. Even Henrique was sent to Albany. Tedenby has played in all but one game this year.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I just want to point something out regarding the "WTF are we doing with Tedenby" debate.

Players like Mills, Palmieri, Sestito, and Zharkov have all gotten time over Tedenby. However, they have come and gone. Even Henrique was sent to Albany. Tedenby has played in all but one game this year.
Teddy has been around yes. The issue with Teddy is that he needs to play with skilled players and he isnt being allowed to do that.

Every now and then he finds himself on a long shift or somehow out there with highly skilled players and things happen.

I believe people just want him to get a fair shot at playing with skilled line mates and not with the Boulton, Sistitos and Janssens of the NHL.

Maybe with Zajac coming back he will get that chance. If we want the kid to grow we HAVE to stop protecting him so much.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:15 AM
apice3*

I still think Tedenby has played his best hockey of the season when on the 4th line. I don't want him to be there forever, but he has generated more offense and played better defense in the bottom 6 than in the top 6 this season.

Could be because he's playing with more to prove, could be because he's facing lesser competition, or could be because he's one of those players that plays well when he's the most skilled player on his line.

Also, my main point was that although they're being tough on Tedenby, they know he's more of a permanent player than any of the other young players, aside from Henrique I suppose.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Should've won 2-0 in regulation but thanks to our turbo Swedes had to go to SO. Larsson's turnover was a thing of beauty, i mean most of the Devils cant make that pass in the offensive zone! A W is 2 points, nevertheless.

Last edited by Capt Brycey Poo: 12-14-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old
12-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

The commentators for Panthers were.. professional. Numerous times they thought Zubrus was Parise. How hard is it to notice that Zubrus is like twice as tall as ZP? And the other thing was, that during Janssen 5min fighting penalty Kovy was double shifted and the commentators said after a chance by Kovy with Teddy that Panthers cant have their 4th line out versus the 1st line of Devils Aye, Sestito will get you, be afraid.

Old
12-14-2011, 07:18 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Zachy Poo View Post
The commentators for Panthers were.. professional. Numerous times they thought Zubrus was Parise. How hard is it to notice that Zubrus is like twice as tall as ZP? And the other thing was, that during Janssen 5min fighting penalty Kovy was double shifted and the commentators said after a chance by Kovy with Teddy that Panthers cant have their 4th line out versus the 1st line of Devils Aye, Sestito will get you, be afraid.
Have you listened to Cangiolosi?

Old
12-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Devils Nick30

Quote:
Zubrus and Parise have been confused many times by Doc, Steve, and Chico. I usually say the same thing (Zubrus is a lot bigger), but it's happened quite a few times.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsIn2010 View Post
As much as Tallinder struggles at times, it would be awful news if his wrist is seriously injured.
Last thing we need right now is more defencemen going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
dineen's a whiny *****. they let plenty go both ways pal.
I'll always love his past as a player, because of his time with the Whalers, but as a coach he's a bit of a jackass.

Those of you who criticise DeBoer's non-reactions, I suppose this whiny crap is what you want to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
So he's effectively blaming the trap.
Pretty much. Some of the Panthers fans are accusing us of playing a 1-4 trap too, which is hilarious because we don't do that this year, and we certainly didn't do it last night.

I don't think they understand the difference between the trap and the dump and change. Of course your players are going to be hanging back right after a line change when the other team has possession.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:21 AM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Where all the Salvador haters at? Could it be because he's actually playing like the Bryce we all know and love?

Old
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Nick30 View Post
Zubrus and Parise have been confused many times by Doc, Steve, and Chico. I usually say the same thing (Zubrus is a lot bigger), but it's happened quite a few times.
Steve manages to confuse Fayne and Volchenkov, even though their skating stride is different, they shoot with opposite hands, and Volchenkov is much bigger.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Devils Dominion
Thank you Marty

Hard to see why so many teams have given up on VerSteg.
Florida is much improved from last season but they are a one line team though.

Any news on Tallinder?

Old
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I used to get Volchenkov and Salmela confused last season

Old
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

Nobody can handle us in the

Also, I miss these good times with Teddy. Good Teddy, please come back

Old
12-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Nick30 View Post
Yes, Doc makes that mistake also. Good riddance

Old
12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Last night we saw second half Kovy again, and I like it. I'm impressed that DeBoer got him to do it too. Maybe it's not just Lemaire.

Old
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Goose Huckabee

That game had to be one of Kovy's top 5 as a Devil. Overall, you have to be encouraged by the response after giving up another demoralizing shorty. Still, it's too bad the W had to come in yet another shootout. We're the freaking Rangers of 2 years ago.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

It is nice that he did it last might but I'm afraid that it's just a tease. It's ****ing ******** that Kovy doesn't use his body like that all the time. Instead he has to get angry first.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:13 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Salvador played great yesterday and Kovy is dumping the puck when he sees a double team at the blueline... about ****ing time if you ask me. The Larsson/Taormina pairing made several brutal turnovers and Fayne is playing rock solid hockey for us since the start of the season.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Bryce Salvador 0g 1a 1p

hatersgonnahate.gif

maybe if I keep posting this, he'll keep playing well

Old
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
vonbonds
My boy is the Stig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil X View Post
Teddy has been around yes. The issue with Teddy is that he needs to play with skilled players and he isnt being allowed to do that.

Every now and then he finds himself on a long shift or somehow out there with highly skilled players and things happen.

I believe people just want him to get a fair shot at playing with skilled line mates and not with the Boulton, Sistitos and Janssens of the NHL.

Maybe with Zajac coming back he will get that chance. If we want the kid to grow we HAVE to stop protecting him so much.
I agree with this. I am pro-Tedenby getting a proper shot to play with more skilled line mates. Trottier crapped all over me when I typed up a short response saying he isn't being utilized correctly. I am tired of Tedenby "seemingly" being held to a different standard than other players with regards to his defensive responsibilities. I have seen all but a game or two this year and there are PLENTY of players that have made mistakes that created quality chances for the opposition or even goals. Tedenby's biggest problem is his size from what I have seen. When he goes low to play defense he is just muscled out of the way the majority of the time. In my humble opinion the only way a player like Tedenby has a meaningful career in the NHL is by playing with line mates that have offensive ability so he can contribute 40+ points a year. I think most of us believe he is capable of more points but I am using 40 as a milestone to measure him by.

Just my two cents.

Old
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
It is nice that he did it last might but I'm afraid that it's just a tease. It's ****ing ******** that Kovy doesn't use his body like that all the time. Instead he has to get angry first.
I think another big part of it is the point that Pierre made the other night. DeBoer has put him on a line with Parise, and Parise's tenacity and intensity appear to be rubbing off on Kovy, who knows he has to keep up with his linemate and fellow superstar. So now we see him making better decisions with the puck, using his teammates more intelligently, forechecking harder and more physically, and coming low to help the defencemen on the breakout. All good things.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Should've won 2-0 in regulation but thanks to our turbo Swedes had to go to SO. Larsson's turnover was a thing of beauty, i mean most of the Devils cant make that pass in the offensive zone! A W is 2 points, nevertheless.
lolwut?

The Devils were trailing 2-0 at one point. How the hell could they win the game 2-0?

Though I do agree they should've won in Regulation...Thanks a bunch, Sykie.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:13 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I'm sick and tired of reading that Tedenby should be playing top 6 minutes when there's no place for him now, I'm just guessing that we won't have a place for him when our key guys come back from IR.

Our top line atm consists of Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk and our 2nd line consists of Sykora-Elias-Zubrus. Were does Tedenby fit in all of this? The answer is pretty simple... no where.

Yes, he has great hands and superb speed but he get's tossed around all the time and his defensive game isn't all that great to play against the oppositions top lines. He'll stay a bottom 6 player for us... unless Zach walks, that's the only way I see him cracking our top 6.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

When Zajac comes back and gets back to his usual level, DeBoer might split up that top line and put Kovy and Parise on separate lines. If he does, then the geezer line becomes the third line by default, and Tedenby has a shot at the top 6.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
When Zajac comes back and gets back to his usual level, DeBoer might split up that top line and put Kovy and Parise on separate lines. If he does, then the geezer line becomes the third line by default, and Tedenby has a shot at the top 6.
I just don't see it. If DeBoer is playing Boulton over Tedenby on our 3rd line, how is Teddy going to crack our top 6? If I was a betting man, I'd put my $$$ on Tedenby getting moved in a package at the deadline for some offensive d-men.

Closed Thread