HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Lockout buys Messier time"- NO MORE MESS, HE NEEDS TO RETIRE OR MOVE ON.

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
"Lockout buys Messier time"- NO MORE MESS, HE NEEDS TO RETIRE OR MOVE ON.

just found this, the daily news i guess dod a interview ith mess, i realy hope this guy dont comeback and i really hope sather feels its time to let go and move on. what do all u think? i dont want mess back no offense to the old timer.

Lockout buys Messier time

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 09-23-2004 at 05:35 PM.
Old
09-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Fletch

I would love to see...

Messier in a Rangers uniform this coming season - at this point, I my main concern is not Messier, it's about a season. But in all honestly, this team is not going anywhere. If Mess was a center this season, well, I don't think he'd be taking much time away from anybody that you'd want in the organization five years down the road.

Old
09-23-2004, 05:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
just found this, the daily news i guess dod a interview ith mess, i realy hope this guy dont comeback and i really hope sather feels its time to let go and move on. what do all u think? i dont want mess back no offense to the old timer.

Lockout buys Messier time
Please post a link to this story. Thank you.

Old
09-23-2004, 06:36 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

New York Daily News - Home - Lockout buys Messier time
Address:http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-201013c.html

Old
09-23-2004, 07:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor
New York Daily News - Home - Lockout buys Messier time
Address:http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-201013c.html
Thank you sir.

Old
09-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

I think everyone knows my feelings on his return so without beating the dead horse, we'll see.

Old
09-23-2004, 07:53 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I think everyone knows my feelings on his return so without beating the dead horse, we'll see.
I know, but I think it depends on who plays center in Hartford and how well they do.

We've got Nylander, Holik and probably Betts. If someone steps up and appears ready to play center
in the NHL, Messier shouldn't be signed. If not, can't hurt to sign him for 1 year.

One of the reasons it would have been nice to see Lundmark in Hartford if he's still projected as a center.

Old
09-23-2004, 09:34 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
i did post the link the whole article was there, where it came from and who wrote it.

so i dont understand why u are editing my post , usually u are the only one out of melrose and the other moderator messnig with posts all the time, not to be rude but i juts dont understand. and deleting all the info i pasted, then requesting it back from me .makes no sense. it was obviousley there if klinsor knew where it came from.

some poeple shouldnt be given any power, cause they get a little and take to much advantage, just saying in general not toward anyone.especially internet power which isnt any thing actually.

Old
09-23-2004, 10:57 PM
David Puddy

Quote:
i did post the link the whole article was there, where it came from and who wrote it.

so i dont understand why u are editing my post
From the HFBoards faq:

Please observe the following rules and guidelines while using these boards.

2. The following general posting guidlines will be observed:

i) Reprinting (copying and pasting) of copyrighted articles is prohibited. Generally you can assume that anything you find online is copyrighted. We prefer you post a synopsis in your own words and the link to the article, but it's permissible to quote a few lines. DO NOT POST ENTIRE ARTICLES. If you have a question about copyrights see http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html Brad Templeton's Ten Big Myths about Copyrights

Old
09-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Chief

I have been a Messier supporter but he serves no purpose on the Rangers anymore. Whether it be Lundmark, Dom Moore, Helminen or any other center prospect in our system, they should get the opportunity over Messier. The scary thing is I can envision Messier playing elsewhere if given the opportunity. Maybe in Florida with the Keenan connection. Maybe in Phoenix with TGO. Maybe even in Ottawa with Muckler there.

Old
09-24-2004, 10:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

so i dont understand why u are editing my post , usually u are the only one out of melrose and the other moderator messnig with posts all the time, not to be rude but i juts dont understand. and deleting all the info i pasted, then requesting it back from me .makes no sense. it was obviousley there if klinsor knew where it came from.

some poeple shouldnt be given any power, cause they get a little and take to much advantage, just saying in general not toward anyone.especially internet power which isnt any thing actually.
Gee, sorry you are so unhappy.

Post links to websites not entire articles. Articles are copyrighted materials. As such, you may post a link or a summary of the article.

These are HF board rules, not mine. And, as I'm sure you remember, you agreed to these rules when you registered.

Hope that clears it up.

Have a great day.

Hugs and puppies,

Singin'

Old
09-24-2004, 04:50 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Hugs and puppies,

Singin'
"Hugs and puppies," - i mean common on man atleast make it "puppies and kittens", doesnt that sound betterand it sounds more adorable. see now im happy

Old
09-25-2004, 12:56 AM
Yizee*

Messier has Control?

I find it SO sickening that MESSIER has control over a spot on this team - he can play every year he wants and Sather doesnt say no - no matter if there's a spot for him, no matter if he's the best option, no matter if he has no more game left and is horrible on defense and has no more leadership... he still controls if he has a spot on this team. That is the thing that makes me sick - this isnt highschool hockey and its clear the fans want Messier gone by giving him the farewell crap in that Buffalo game which I didnt agree on since I knew the old piece of crap wouldnt retire and just loved the selfish attention. Fire Sather if he lets players decide if they want to play and doesnt decide whats best for this team - we are in rebuilding and in rebuilding that means starting fresh with a new captain that will grow with the kids and doesnt skip practice and stand on the ice and do nothing when opponents knock around the kids.. That is what Messier does - NOTHING - I dont want to hear anymore about Messier ever again - If Sather cant run this team and get the best players that is possible then fire that moron - Messier shouldnt be given full control and be able to have spots open on the Rangers whenever he feels like playing. This whole thing is ridiculas and makes me sick and its the free money that keeps messier playing as well as those selfish records he wants to get - he is useless and selfish and gets worse every year - I dont care how bad the other Veterans we had were.... doesnt that prove that Messier cant lead the team and get the veterans to play well? Messier can go **** himself and he needs to stay away from my team

Old
09-25-2004, 05:06 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Gee, sorry you are so unhappy.

Post links to websites not entire articles. Articles are copyrighted materials. As such, you may post a link or a summary of the article.

These are HF board rules, not mine. And, as I'm sure you remember, you agreed to these rules when you registered.

Hope that clears it up.

Have a great day.

Hugs and puppies,

Singin'
It is a good rule. A few summers ago, a yankee fan site ran into trouble with major league baseball and part of the complaint was the re-printing of cioyrighted articles.

Old
09-25-2004, 05:08 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee
I find it SO sickening that MESSIER has control over a spot on this team - he can play every year he wants and Sather doesnt say no - no matter if there's a spot for him, no matter if he's the best option, no matter if he has no more game left and is horrible on defense and has no more leadership... he still controls if he has a spot on this team. That is the thing that makes me sick - this isnt highschool hockey and its clear the fans want Messier gone by giving him the farewell crap in that Buffalo game which I didnt agree on since I knew the old piece of crap wouldnt retire and just loved the selfish attention. Fire Sather if he lets players decide if they want to play and doesnt decide whats best for this team - we are in rebuilding and in rebuilding that means starting fresh with a new captain that will grow with the kids and doesnt skip practice and stand on the ice and do nothing when opponents knock around the kids.. That is what Messier does - NOTHING - I dont want to hear anymore about Messier ever again - If Sather cant run this team and get the best players that is possible then fire that moron - Messier shouldnt be given full control and be able to have spots open on the Rangers whenever he feels like playing. This whole thing is ridiculas and makes me sick and its the free money that keeps messier playing as well as those selfish records he wants to get - he is useless and selfish and gets worse every year - I dont care how bad the other Veterans we had were.... doesnt that prove that Messier cant lead the team and get the veterans to play well? Messier can go **** himself and he needs to stay away from my team
How old are you, 17? I take it you never had to deal with play-off frustration year after year or Isles fans friends reminding you of a famous year. Yes, it was 10 years ago, but I wouldnt trade that night or the ensuing summer for ten consecutive cups.

June 14, 1994, and the many years of frustration before that date. Mess has earned the right to go out on his terms. Do I think it is time for him to hang 'em up? Yeah, but I certainly will not ridicule anyone if he continues to play. Besides, the REAL problem is the Rangers have not had any centers play well enough to take time AWAY from Mess.

Old
09-25-2004, 05:12 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
I have been a Messier supporter but he serves no purpose on the Rangers anymore. Whether it be Lundmark, Dom Moore, Helminen or any other center prospect in our system, they should get the opportunity over Messier. The scary thing is I can envision Messier playing elsewhere if given the opportunity. Maybe in Florida with the Keenan connection. Maybe in Phoenix with TGO. Maybe even in Ottawa with Muckler there.
Even at 90, Mess is still better than the kids you mentioned. I hope they can come out and earn spots and ice-time (whenever they play again), but to date, they haven't done so.

Old
09-25-2004, 05:27 PM
Yizee*

So your guys's excuse for Messier being signed every year is he helped bring a cup toi new york in 94? You've used that excuse 4 years ago.... Messier wasnt the only rone on that team in 94... Kovalev was on that team and he also was horrible for us last year and so wasnt Messier - you dont see him getting an automatic spot on this team.. .and what about Brian Leetch? I dont care how big of a role messier was in 94 - you cant sign him every single year until the day he dies only because he wanst to play hockey... there's players out there even in free agency that are 10 times more helpful than he is and u dont see other teams showing interest in him so that proves how much his career has gone downhill... Messier is not Barry Bonds he does not use steroids and he's too old to do it without steroids - so we dont need him anymore - the fans have given him their thanks for the cup in 94 for a decade now - stop using that as a reason why the rangers should sign him. How many more years do we have to see Messier being out there not being able to keep up with his defender - not being able to provide speed up the ice - not be able to provide the leadership he may had in 94. The team is rebuilding its getting away from the 94 players - it needs to start new with new captain that will be with these kids for a while and Messier is not that person

Old
09-25-2004, 05:34 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Guys seriously I think we've beat this horse so beyond death it isn't even funny.

Some feel one way, others feel a different way. But perhaps most of all it's important to remember that nothing has happened yet.

We're beating a dead horse that doesn't even exist.

Old
09-25-2004, 05:51 PM
patnyrnyg

With the exception of his fluke late season surge in 98, Kovalev never lived up to his potential in NY. Leetch was able to fetch a first rounder.

As I said, Mess deserves to go out on his terms, and besides it's not like the Rangers have too many centers that are better players. He is still one of the best passers on the team. I was against him coming back, and want him to retire, but as I said, he has earned the right to do so when he wants.

One thing to remember about Mess is he is still a bachelor. He doesn't have a family to see grow-up, and he is able to focus 100% of his energy on working out. I know he has a son, but from what I understand they do not have much of a relationship.

Personally, I think after the lockout ends Mess WILL retire, however some of you are showing a complete lack of respect for the man and what he did. Without Messier, we are still listening to chants of 1940.

Old
09-26-2004, 08:42 PM
patnyrnyg

I almost forgot, in August Mess put his apartment in Manhattan up for sale. Asking price was $3.95MM. It was in the Times, didnt mention if he was looking at another place or moving out of the area. Lindros sold his place, as well.

Closed Thread