HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Emelin out for Campoli

Old
12-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Unbelievable.
Unless Emelin has some sort on injury this is complete crap.

I believe it was Pierre Houde in a couple games back that said Emelin was playing with a small leg injury. So maybe that's part of the reason.

But even if he's not, I'm not surprised, despite his improvement and his big hits, he hasn't been better than Diaz. So Martin goes with his 6 best guys. As much as I would sit Gill because I value what Emelin brings more than what Gill does, I can see why JM would keep a solid PK player in. He did the same with Pyatt couple years back.

If we remain this healthy, I expect a three man rotation. If Diaz or Campoli have bad games and we lose, Emelin should be back in. Unless he's truly nursing a minor injury.

I wonder if this board will ever react more calmly. No matter what decision is taken, it's always super anxiety mode. It's like dealing with a stressed out rebellious teenage PMSing. It's only one freaking game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:40 AM
mrcontractor

All I can say from now on until JM gets the boot is, Go (insert team here) Go !

mrcontractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I believe it was Pierre Houde in a couple games back that said Emelin was playing with a small leg injury. So maybe that's part of the reason.

But even if he's not, I'm not surprised, despite his improvement and his big hits, he hasn't been better than Diaz. So Martin goes with his 6 best guys. As much as I would sit Gill because I value what Emelin brings more than what Gill does, I can see why JM would keep a solid PK player in. He did the same with Pyatt couple years back.

If we remain this healthy, I expect a three man rotation. If Diaz or Campoli have bad games and we lose, Emelin should be back in. Unless he's truly nursing a minor injury.

I wonder if this board will ever react more calmly. No matter what decision is taken, it's always super anxiety mode. It's like dealing with a stressed out rebellious teenage PMSing. It's only one freaking game.
No kidding. So much drama.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
anyone really surprised?

if so, then maybe you haven't been paying attention the past few years... JM is what he is, and he values what he values. Big hits/physical play do not rate highly in his evaluations, so obviously a player who contributes primarily in that way will always be the one getting the short end of the stick.
Please MT, your smarter (starting to doubt it) then saying generic absurdities like that. If anything, criticism is that he doesn't give more time to youngsters (i think he's generous enough) to work on their mistakes and their development on NHL ice. If anything, Emlin was in the lineup for the past while BECAUSE of his physical play (which is something most posters were surprised to see, martin handling of emelin), nothing else, because he's still lost on the ice and clearly shows communications issues while on ice. As much as he has improved, and showed everyone how quickly he's adapting and understanding his defensive role, he still has lacks of consistency and understanding.
Saying that i rather see Emlin in the lineup since he wasn't costing us games, but playing rather well (except with Kabs, that was sad to see.. though understandable since he was being put in the spot, to play on his apposite side), Campoli is back, and they need to evaluate his role to the team. Diaz is contributing so consistently, defensively as much offensively, that you just can't remove him now. Weber has already been pushed aside.

IMO hopefully, this is to showcase Campoli, and he gets the boot soon. Seeing how its Xmas and all, i doubt it though.

This is nothing more then people reacting in negative way, because they have been taken away something that brought lots of happiness to them (i am speaking in experience, i am very very saddened that emelin is not in the lineup)

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
This seems logical but we're talking about JM here and he doesn't always take the most logical decisions.
I don't think it's coming from him since he said Monday Campoli would sit tonight...

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...859/story.html

I think PG got calls about Campoli and wants to showcase him for a trade. Trading Campoli makes a lot more sense than Weber since Weber makes less over 2 years than Campoli is making this year plus he will be a UFA next siummer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Adriatic

No matter how much these idiot coaches play Diaz or Webber...both these guys will never be good in the playoffs when it becomes a physical and grinding game. It's the same story every year. Streit, Bergeron, Diaz, Weber...once playoffs start you realize none of them can play 5 on 5.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
m00ks

Sooo, if I read right and just so we're clear...If we win, it would be despite JM's stupidity to bench Emelin right?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Unless it's to give Emelin a break because of that small injury we've been hearing about, totally ridiculous.

Icing a lineup with Kaberle/Campoli/Diaz/Weber...I mean come on, they're all variations on the same player! How many soft puckmovers can one team dress?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Habs

He's a rookie, and Campoli has to get some playing time. He won't sit Diaz since that was PG's player he brought in. PG has his fingers all over this.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Adriatic

It's just sad that this team is taking on the personality of their coach. Boring, no emotion, soft. He sucking all the personality out of them drop by drop

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He's a rookie, and Campoli has to get some playing time. He won't sit Diaz since that was PG's player he brought in. PG has his fingers all over this.
This makes no sense. PG also brought in Emelin. Your conspiracy just sucks.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I would be suprised if they traded a D right now I mean, look at what hapenned in the last few seasons even in the playoffs.
Yeah but if you think Diaz is as agood as Campoli, Kaberle can play top 4 unlike Spacek, so Campoli is a luxury and taking ice time from your 3 rookies. I expect Markov sooner than their prediction, they probably said All-star break as worst case scenario so the media wasn't on their case daily. I expect him back on the ice very soon and his conditionning won't go after a week.

St.Denis also showed he can play 3rd pair minutes and not hurt the team. Even by moving Campoli and with Markov out you have 8 guys that can play at this level.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Unless it's to give Emelin a break because of that small injury we've been hearing about, totally ridiculous.

Icing a lineup with Kaberle/Campoli/Diaz/Weber...I mean come on, they're all variations on the same player! How many soft puckmovers can one team dress?
7 in our case (Weber on the 4th)

Old
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcontractor View Post
All I can say from now on until JM gets the boot is, Go (insert team here) Go !
Hey nice to hear you come out! we have bunch of fans on this board that are cheering for all kinds of teams out there. Boston seems to be hot right now, so that would be wise choice. Though i would expect the Boucher and Tampa banners to be back up soon, once they go back on a winning streak.

Hfboards - Montreal Canadiens; were cheering for your own team is a no-no, but cheering for other teams is ok!

Old
12-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506

Martin is the biggest troll in Montreal

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Maybe he thinks the Islanders don't get thrown off their game with a physical defensemen hitting them...

Sigh, does Emelin really deserve to be scratched?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This makes no sense. PG also brought in Emelin. Your conspiracy just sucks.
Do you even know when how long the kid has been in the franchise? He isn't PG's boy.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
With this coach I am not surprised. Terrible move, taking out our most physical dman and replacing him with a guy that, as mentioned by others, is redundant with others that are already in the lineup.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zzoo

Some of you have waaaayyyyyy over-reacted.

Campoli is now better than Emelin. Diaz is about the same, but he can contribute on the 2nd wave of PP.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Do you even know when how long the kid has been in the franchise? He isn't PG's boy.
He still was the one to finally sign him and bring him over. Your theory sucks.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Maybe he thinks the Islanders don't get thrown off their game with a physical defensemen hitting them...

Sigh, does Emelin really deserve to be scratched?
Deserves? No. Is a casualty? yes.
Is it the Darkest day in habs history? Black Tuesday? Apocalypse Xmas?
no.

Old
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Hey nice to hear you come out! we have bunch of fans on this board that are cheering for all kinds of teams out there. Boston seems to be hot right now, so that would be wise choice. Though i would expect the Boucher and Tampa banners to be back up soon, once they go back on a winning streak.

Hfboards - Montreal Canadiens; were cheering for your own team is a no-no, but cheering for other teams is ok!
Do you have a point ? If you're ok with mediocrity then by all means....

Old
Aurel Joliat

Everybody knows that Emelin is not hurt... He was often a healthy scratch at the beginning of the season and JM prefer diminutive, soft players

We are way too tough for this league, that's why we will not play Emelin tonight

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I am not surprised, Martin is a ****ing idiot. He likes small, soft players, who can't hit. Fire this guy as soon as possible.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM
mrcontractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Some of you have waaaayyyyyy over-reacted.

Campoli is now better than Emelin. Diaz is about the same, but he can contribute on the 2nd wave of PP.
He played a game with us and he is now better ?