HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

12/12/11 Dean Lombardi Media Conference Call

Old
12-12-2011, 07:32 PM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
12/12/11 Dean Lombardi Media Conference Call

Lombardi Media Conference - Firing Murray

GM Dean Lombardi addresses having to fire Terry Murray and the details of interim coach John Stevens' position.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Player Message

GM Dean Lombardi addresses talking to the players after Murray's firing and John Stevens plan to improve scoring.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Final Straw

GM Dean Lombardi addresses what led to Murray's firing and interim coach John Stevens' status.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Timetable

GM Dean Lombardi addresses when he decided to fire Terry Murray and when he spoke with him today.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Performance

GM Dean Lombardi addresses the player's performance this season and what a coaching change can mean for the team.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Coaching Search

GM Dean Lombardi addresses the short list of coaches he will consider when making his next hire.

Click HERE to watch!

Lombardi Media Conference - Work Ethic

GM Dean Lombardi addresses the tireless work ethic of Terry Murray and how personal this firing was for both of them.

Click HERE to watch!

Last edited by KingsVision: 12-12-2011 at 11:00 PM.
KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
KingsCourt

Very short

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post
Lombardi Media Conference - Firing Murray

GM Dean Lombardi addresses having to fire Terry Murray and the details of interim coach John Stevens' position.

Click HERE to watch!

Only about 30 seconds

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 07:51 PM
ru4reals

This firing I believe as probably everyone already knows was from the front office. It just didn't sound like it was Deans doing.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Freerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
This firing I believe as probably everyone already knows was from the front office. It just didn't sound like it was Deans doing.

This has Dean written all over it. He made a bunch of laughable moves, spends to the cap, then panics after a losing streak (w/out richards) and fires the coach.

Freerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
This has Dean written all over it. He made a bunch of laughable moves, spends to the cap, then panics after a losing streak (w/out richards) and fires the coach.
Explain what these laughable moves were?
He got rid of a coach that had trouble getting any offense out of his offensive players, by stifling his offensive players with a system that does NOT work in today's NHL. He fired a coach that was given, arguably, the most talented Kings team in it's history, and lead them to the 30th overall offense in the NHL. When you've got players like Kopitar, Richards, Gagne, Penner, Williams, Brown, Doughty, Johnson, Stoll, etc., you should NOT be 30th in the NHL in offense.
Look Murray took the team as far as he could take them. He taught them a solid defensive game, but that generated little offense. The team now needs a coach that will put in place a more offensive system without taking too much away from the defensive part of the game. Murray was unable to do that, it is now up to Lombardi to bring in the coach that can.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 12:32 AM
MynameisKing

I like to know, too! What were the laughable moves? Penner? He was still putting up points when he was in Edmonton before we got him.

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:05 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
A) Everything Dean said and how he sounded indicates he didn't want to fire TM. He felt TM's system was a good one but the players need to do more.

B) What are the laughable moves? Let me guess, signing guys like Moreau and Hunter right? Cause clearly adding 4th line depth is always the achilles heel of legitimate teams.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:19 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
I'm fairly certain Dean was well aware this needed to be done. Did he want to do it? Of course not, but coaches are hired to eventually be fired. He certainly knew the day would arrive at some point.

I think if anything he's disappointed Murray couldn't take the team farther than he was able to, but 4 years is an average run for a coach.

There were a few people when Murray was hired who said that he would be a good "bridge" coach to instill defense and structure to a young team and then someone else would need to take the reins to take the team to the next level. I was hoping we'd get another year out of Murray but it is what it is.

I'm just glad we didn't have to lose an entire season before a change was made. It became evident a few weeks ago that Murray's time had run out.

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-13-2011 at 09:26 AM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
Only about 30 seconds
Just like my sex life!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote