HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #30 : Kings @ Bruins, 12/13/11, Postgame LOSS Drunken Idiots edition

Old
12-14-2011, 12:12 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The lopsided amount of outnumbered attacks in favor of Boston is a clear indication that it isn't so much about the quantity of the shots you take but the quality of them. Just look at how badly the Kings outshot the Bruins, yet the Bruins buried the puck when they had prime quality scoring chances. This could also be a result of the personnel that Lombardi has assembled being incapable of finishing.
So players like Penner, Brown, Williams, and Gagne (30 goal scorers all) have suddenly forgot how to finish? Give me a break.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Overtime I hav learned to love myself via dutch rudder and stranger. Of course that implies assistance but not so much that it wasn't me all along.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
So players like Penner, Brown, Williams, and Gagne (30 goal scorers all) have suddenly forgot how to finish? Give me a break.
Past performance does not guarantee future results.

It is very apparent that Gagne and Williams are close to being done as effective hockey players in the NHL. Penner might be as well. Brown has been so ineffective this year that you wonder if there are other issues at play.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:18 AM
AStammer7*

Its Painful Watching Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
*sigh* 5 in a row.

I know that there is a lot more than just this and it probably wouldn't change too much but...

Richards, please turn healthy again. We need you
I'm not sure who I'm more pissed off at...the players or Lombardi!

Some of the players have to go and if things don't turn around then maybe Lombardi with his crazy horse running through the burning barn has to be shown the door! His drafting,lack of foresight and trading of known assets speak volumes to his unwise and unsound ways...Put another way...Lombardi has been talking out his ass...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:20 AM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmaloney27 View Post
I'm not sure who I'm more pissed off at...the players or Lombardi!

Some of the players have to go and if things don't turn around then maybe Lombardi with his crazy horse running through the burning barn has to be shown the door! His drafting,lack of foresight and trading of known assets speak volumes to his unwise and unsound ways...Put another way...Lombardi has been talking out his ass...
welcome to the darkside. Lombardi is the problem and has been a disaster for this franchise.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Overtime I hav learned to love myself via dutch rudder and stranger. Of course that implies assistance but not so much that it wasn't me all along.
TG you are worth the price of admission, which is nothing by the way. But if it did cost a buck or two I would still show up to read your stuff.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Right back at ya 17!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
When was the last time any of them scored 30? And it's not just them, the lack of support throughout the entire roster, top to bottom, is concerning. They're not even getting to those second and third chances when following up on shots.

They are not attacking the net aggressively. You might see it happen on a few shifts, but that effort is inconsistent. Just look at how often they're outnumbered down low when they have the man advantage.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
MoeLemay

Go Darryl

MoeLemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Save Us Sutter

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
Posting this before reading thread...

I just got home from the Fleet Center (I don't care what TD Bank calls that place) and I have never been more disgusted with this team in my 33 years as a fan.

I got there during warmups and immediately made my way down to the glass. What I saw was a bunch of guys who appeared to have no interest in being on the ice. They all looked tight, bored or maybe disheveled. Whatever the look was it sure wasn't to be confused with "we have a game with the defending champs and we better get our a#### in gear."

They had a chance to change all that early when Penner missed that empty net, and while I don't think that took the wind out of their sails (since there was no wind there to begin with) it certainly could have given them a huge boost.

After that, there was nothing to indicate there was any hope of life in the team at all. Even my wife looked at me at one point and said "They don't look like they're trying; like they're going through the motions." Every period as they came onto the ice they looked like they were getting ready for an NNHA game at Iceland in Paramount (is that place still even open?).

Once again, I have not read the thread yet, so if this has been brought up I'm sorry, but the 41 shots does not impress me. There is a big difference between 41 shots and 14 groups of 3 shots... to put it another way, the absence of rebound and second chances was a huge indicator of how lost this team was tonight.

I managed to spot DL and RH in the press box and it was comical how DL never moved. He just sat there holding his chin in his hand the whole night. At the end of the game I saw a grey-haired gentleman come up to DL, say something and quickly walk away. Thought for a second it might be Sutter, but I'm 99.99999% sure it wasn't.

Also want to complain about two other things...
The first two faceoffs that took place in the Bruins' zone tonight (first one :09 into the game) saw the 4th line and the 3rd line take them. Who does that? The Kopi line starts the game and comes off after 9 seconds with an offensive zone faceoff. Stevens also juggled the lines after 20 minutes.

We were so close...
This is me next Monday in Toronto. Guh.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:53 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

I just got home from the Fleet Center (I don't care what TD Bank calls that place) and I have never been more disgusted with this team in my 33 years as a fan.

I got there during warmups and immediately made my way down to the glass. What I saw was a bunch of guys who appeared to have no interest in being on the ice. They all looked tight, bored or maybe disheveled. Whatever the look was it sure wasn't to be confused with "we have a game with the defending champs and we better get our a#### in gear."

They had a chance to change all that early when Penner missed that empty net, and while I don't think that took the wind out of their sails (since there was no wind there to begin with) it certainly could have given them a huge boost.

After that, there was nothing to indicate there was any hope of life in the team at all. Even my wife looked at me at one point and said "They don't look like they're trying; like they're going through the motions." Every period as they came onto the ice they looked like they were getting ready for an NNHA game at Iceland in Paramount (is that place still even open?).

Once again, I have not read the thread yet, so if this has been brought up I'm sorry, but the 41 shots does not impress me. There is a big difference between 41 shots and 14 groups of 3 shots... to put it another way, the absence of rebound and second chances was a huge indicator of how lost this team was tonight.

I managed to spot DL and RH in the press box and it was comical how DL never moved. He just sat there holding his chin in his hand the whole night. At the end of the game I saw a grey-haired gentleman come up to DL, say something and quickly walk away. Thought for a second it might be Sutter, but I'm 99.99999% sure it wasn't.

The first two faceoffs that took place in the Bruins' zone tonight (first one :09 into the game) saw the 4th line and the 3rd line take them. Who does that? The Kopi line starts the game and comes off after 9 seconds with an offensive zone faceoff. Stevens also juggled the lines after 20 minutes.

We were so close...
There is no leadership on this team. During a time where we are between coaches (and everyone knows it), it is up to the team leadership and the veterans to pull this team together. Brown has failed this team as a captain and needs the "C" taken away

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:03 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Why isn't everyone being patient anymore?

In Dean We Trust!

The line to eat crow forms to the left....

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

It's the Heidi Androl curse!!!

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:28 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Just a few thoughts from watching the game last night:

I honestly believe the Voynov penalty at :18 seconds was a sign of things to come in that game for the L.A. Kings. It could have been a completely different story if it was the Bruins who started short handed. Penalties are momentum killers, and when you are already down on your luck to begin with, short handed is not the way you want to start the game.

Voynov also managed to notch two penalties, a giveaway and was a -2.

Staying out of the box is going to be key for L.A. until they figure out how to get out of the funk they are in now. Well, staying out of the box and giveaways....

Scuderi, Voynov, Loktionov, Stoll and Doughty all recorded giveaways on the play by play last night. Those small mistakes added up are really contributing to L.A.s losing streak.

LA is a strong team with a lot of strong players and a lot of potential. Its tough to watch a team like that have so many avoidable things every game. Turnovers, face off losses...those are all things that can hopefully be fixed sooner than later.

P.S. I always liked L.A. because of Anze Kopitar, but I'm really liking Davis Drewiske.

Good Luck with the rest of the season. Id love to get out to LA for the match up against Boston in March.

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Fat Elvis

I did think that Drewiski played pretty good. No huge mistakes and was involved. Have to find a silver lining somewhere

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:50 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
There is no leadership on this team. During a time where we are between coaches (and everyone knows it), it is up to the team leadership and the veterans to pull this team together. Brown has failed this team as a captain and needs the "C" taken away
Agreed 100%. Now is the time to begin to look at trades to get Dustin Brown out of here. The guy isn't a leader, never has been and was named captain by default since the Kings didn't have anybody else. He's not a leader on the ice, he makes too many mistakes and has poor hands especially at crucial times of the game. This Kings team is chock full of guys with apathetic personalities, way too low key, no attitude, no heart and you begin to change that by eliminating the guy with the C. Lombardi has supposedly been going after the guys who didn't want to come here to surf but it's pretty apparent the whole team is surfing through this season and they don't care. New coach, new captain and if that doesn't work you get a new GM after the season and start the whole GD process all over again. This team has no attitude and no identity.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:50 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I did think that Drewiski played pretty good. No huge mistakes and was involved. Have to find a silver lining somewhere
I liked him in warm ups. I know that sounds weird but he was warming up like it was game seven of the Stanley Cup finals. Just looked really determined, so I watched for him in the rest of the game.

Like you said, no huge mistakes but you could tell the effort was there. He didn't help much but he certainly didnt hurt. He remained neutral, took a few shots, no turn overs. Can only get better from here, hopefully.

LoneWolf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
I don't know, he made a lot of mistakes last night.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 08:57 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post

In Dean We Trust!

Classy!

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
This is me next Monday in Toronto. Guh.
I was close to getting tickets last month lol but then reality struck...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Kingurentai

I stopped watching part of the way. It just got sad. I mean if we sucked, it's one thing. But having the talent we have and still sucking is frustrating as hell.

Also wished Lokti's post hitting shot went in. Kid's getting chances and making plays. I like him better than Stoll at this point. If Stoll can get us some fresh legs it'd be great.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Hey guys look at the silver lining. It's impossible to score less than zero goals, so we can't get any worse on the offensive front.
We could put one in on ourselves on a delayed penalty or empty net, but I'm not sure if you would count that as 'worse' or 'better'

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Prince

Quote:

We were so close...
This and...

Three things about the game last night that lead me to question the heart of this team:
1) Face-off percentage - 19 of 54 is appalling.
2) I could count on one had the number of loose pucks along the boards the Kings out worked the Bruins. There was very little fight in the Kings.
3) Standing at the blue line during entry into the offensive zone. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I saw the Kings, other than the puck carrier, enter the zone with speed. Especially in the third period they were standing on the blue line waiting for the entry.

Especially with young children in my house it has been a long time since I raised my voice during the Kings game, last night was one of those nights. New coach and playing the defending champs, there should have been more passion in the game last night.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post

In Dean We Trust!

Don't say everyone, the more realistic fans remain faithful and confident in DL's agenda. It's the bipolar fans that you set aside time to troll that are overreacting. I wish you could pretend for a second that DL doesn't have the easiest job in the NHL, GM of one of if not thee most unsuccessful franchises in NHL history.

DL did make personnel errors but the most damaging decision made in the long run will be ownership once again getting involved in day to day hockey decisions. If that continues there is no hope for us.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote