HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roman Josi

Old
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
My issue with this paraphrased quote from Lambert on Josi is Lambert didn't start assisting in Milwaukee until 2006-2007. Suter only played in Milwaukee in 2004-2005, when Lambert was with the Prince George Cougars. I have yet to read the quote. Is it more or less a "Josi is the best dman in Milwaukee since Suter" comment simply comparing Josi's skill set to Suter's? Because others have insinuated that Lambert was speaking as if he coached both...
Don't interrupt the myth, they've had fun with it....

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 10:50 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
My issue with this paraphrased quote from Lambert on Josi is Lambert didn't start assisting in Milwaukee until 2006-2007. Suter only played in Milwaukee in 2004-2005, when Lambert was with the Prince George Cougars. I have yet to read the quote. Is it more or less a "Josi is the best dman in Milwaukee since Suter" comment simply comparing Josi's skill set to Suter's? Because others have insinuated that Lambert was speaking as if he coached both...
Well I hadn't considered that Lambert wasn't around when Sutes was an Admiral. I assumed Lambert was coaching Suter. I just remember the notion that Josi was as good as Suter was when Suter was coming through the system. Maybe I could get a job with the Tennessean with my stellar commentary.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:34 AM
swissexpert

+3 in his comeback, not bad at all!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
JERMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
+3 in his comeback, not bad at all!
+\- stat -1! Few month ago it was -14 (or even more)!

JERMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Assuming we dont bring in a high level defenseman between now and then, Josi could play on our top pair next year.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Assuming we dont bring in a high level defenseman between now and then, Josi could play on our top pair next year.
He defiantly eases the potential loss of Suter. Josi isn't able to clear the net quite like he can, but in all other aspects of the game it seems like he could play big minutes for us as soon as next year.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I am just terrified that Josi is going to pull a Blum. The stuff we are saying about him right now sounds so much like what we were saying about Blummer at this time last year that it's scary.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:35 PM
predfan24

Quote:
I am just terrified that Josi is going to pull a Blum. The stuff we are saying about him right now sounds so much like what we were saying about Blummer at this time last year that it's scary.
I feel more comfortable with Josi's game then I ever did with Blum's game. Last year when I suggested on these boards that Blum still looked like he could have issues and I could see him having trouble I was ripped by some here. The thing is Blum's game is based on composure, vision, puck movement, positioning. I was never crazy about Blum's skating and his puck decisions concerned me at times even last year.

Josi wil make questionable decisions as well being a rookie but overall his skating and skill are just on another level than Blum. Blum doesn't have the physical tools and skills to get out of trouble like Josi does. I think Josi is going to be very very good, as long as he stays healthy, and I'd be shocked if he pulled a "Blum"

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I don't think he will either, it's just scary to think about what happens to our defense if he does.

Old
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I am terrified that he is made of glass

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2012, 07:41 PM
TheZec

Quote:
I'm more concerned about his ability to stay healty than the chance of a slump. I hope he finds a way to avoid serious injuries.

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 03:17 AM
swisdan

Like you said, the only thing that can stop Josi to become a star (or at least a very decent player) is some injuries...

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote