HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL

Old
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Den

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalticWarrior View Post
They could have atleast called the team "Dolphins" not Delfin.
That's probably how it would be eventually... Delphini sounds better in Russian (see Lisi, Yastrebi), while "Dolphin" is a name of a summer sanatorium...

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:10 PM
obskyr

"Delfin" sounds like something a hick who doesn't know what he's doing could come up with. Oh wait, it was actually proposed by Tkachyov. What a shocker.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:17 PM
SoundAndFury

And how Delphin is in any way relatable to Sochi or hockey or some other possible thing?

01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
loppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
The new house for Vityaz
Quote:
It will be just Vityaz renamed

Where has there been an official statement that Vityaz will indeed move?

loppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:20 PM
RicEsteban85

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
And how Delphin is in any way relatable to Sochi or hockey or some other possible thing?
I believe there is a dolphin population in the black sea

RicEsteban85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Den

Quote:
As I see the choices could have been: Leopardi, Barsi, Akuli (sharks). We have two Barsi already, Leopardi sounds too long anf akward in Russian, Sharks are too small in the Black Sea (and that would sound similar to another team).

Delphini is too soft a name though.

What else?

Old
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
Where has there been an official statement that Vityaz will indeed move?
No, no. But they seem to be the first in line...

Old
01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
obskyr

Quote:
As I see the choices could have been: Leopardi, Barsi, Akuli (sharks). We have two Barsi already, Leopardi sounds too long anf akward in Russian, Sharks are too small in the Black Sea (and that would sound similar to another team).

Delphini is too soft a name though.

What else?
Morskoi Lev Sochi. A new beginning for a KHL legend.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:01 PM
SoundAndFury

Why does it have to be animals?

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Den

Quote:
Why does it have to be animals?
Dzhigiti? Vityaz, Sochi?

I just don't have a reaonable name for a team in Sochi.

Old
01-09-2014, 01:12 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
HC Zdravnitsa

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 01:30 PM
loppa

Quote:
No, no. But they seem to be the first in line...
So you seem to concur that your talk of them moving to Sochi is pure speculation that is based on nothing realistic? O_o Yet you write your messages as if it is something certain.

Old
01-09-2014, 02:16 PM
ult

While you're discussing your name preferences I thought I'd update Tyumen situation.

The Tyumen-Arena (12500) project is undergoing a government expert review right now. The project stages that passed the review.

Reg. Number Date of issue Applicant Requestor Сonstruction project
72-1-2-0389-13 26.12.2013 Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund "Construction of the Tyumen-Arena multifunctional complex", Stage 5. Parking, on-site utilities, site plan, landscaping
72-1-4-0157-13 16.08.2013 Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund "Construction of the Tyumen-Arena multifunctional complex", Stage 3. Mechanical area (heated parking lot, storage facilities)
72-1-4-0156-13 15.08.2013 Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund "Construction of the Tyumen-Arena multifunctional complex", Stage 2. Parking garage
72-1-4-0042-13 20.06.2013 Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund Tyumen region sports developing and supporting fund "Construction of the Tyumen-Arena multifunctional complex", Stage 1. Hotel

And the renders.

ult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Den

And this seems like the new house for Yugra

Old
01-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Den

Quote:
So you seem to concur that your talk of them moving to Sochi is pure speculation that is based on nothing realistic? O_o Yet you write your messages as if it is something certain.
Yes. Apart from the fact that everybody says that Vityaz will be moved

Old
01-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
HC Zdravnitsa

Old
01-09-2014, 02:31 PM
ult

No. Vityaz will not be moved. It's 98% that there will be a new team in Sochi. With a new management and everything else.

Quote:
And this seems like the new house for Yugra
It's a new home for Rubin. Ruby color and even shaped like one as well.

Old
01-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
No. Vityaz will not be moved. It's 98% that there will be a new team in Sochi. With a new management and everything else.
When I see numbers like 98% I always think there is a Deep Blue computer doing a calculation like that somewhere ...

Old
01-09-2014, 02:36 PM
ult

Quote:
When I see numbers like 98% I always think there is a Deep Blue computer doing a calculation like that somewhere ...
Bure said it will be a new team. Tkachev said it will be a new team. Mutko and Medvedev said so as well. And you said that Vityaz is moving there. Wanna bet?

Old
01-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Bure said it will be a new team. Tkachev said it will be a new team. Mutko and Medvedev said so as well. And you said that Vityaz is moving there. Wanna bet?
No, I don't. But all of the mentioned usually say a lot... On top of that, what happened in Mytischi has been called "a new team" on occasions.

Old
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
bobbeaver

Quote:
That will not be enough to bring it up to KHL standards. So... after three seasons there is a serious possibility of the team no longer being in the league. I don't look at it as a bad thing, they fill their role decently at the moment, but I don't see them as a final piece of the puzzle.

Lets ask seriously... do you guys really see them in the future having the big arena in zagreb as their main home arena? I just don't see that. On the one hand that would be nice, but on the other hand I just don't think that will be realistic... but Medvescak joining helped lure in Jokerit to join the league, I think, so they were more than useful, a nice good ol' token team. (Btw, don't take offense at all, I like them!)
A honest answer is yes i do and ill tell you why. Medvescak has in general always been the underdog for anything, entering the EBEL, with the lowest budget gaining recognition in the league, and than getting into KHL, all in a span of 4 years. This is mostly due to the industriousness and positivity of the capable management. They are very good at makeing connections aswell. And also the fact that they found a niche where the club become interesting (NA player/style). That niche i think is something KHL would want to preserve. Also the club keeps growing and trying to be better. (and there are lots of things to improve still and create)
I mean the hindrance is more here in the Arena. It will need an investment to make a permanent ice but in the end it is in the interest of the club and the Arena to do it. One will have a home up to future KHL specs and the other a booked Arena and still be able to do all the things they usually do, concerts conferences, what ever. It will happen im pretty sure. Money will be found because it would be a long term solution for both.
As for DS, money that is going to be invested will be probably spread out to all the sport arenas in it, not just arena 1 where hockey is played. also most probably outside will be renovated and all the major hallways. Its not supposed to bring DS up to KHL future specs (it satisfies current specs as it was approved), but it will make the whole thing better.
The thing is the exact details of the renovation/reconstruction is unknown still. These are only logical assumptions.

bobbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 04:41 PM
bobbeaver

So is both Rubin and Lada comeing to KHL? I mean Lada will have to once again rebuild the yet to be finished arena to be up to KHL specs no?

Old
01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
VladNYC*

Should be called the Sochi Sprut (means: Octpus or Kraken)

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 11:11 PM
bobbeaver

Sprut sounds like something you spit out lol and also is very close to a not nice word in cezch language lol
Why not Sochi Kanonir? Sochi Gunners. They are by the sea, you got a russian Black sea fleet ...

Old
01-10-2014, 12:20 AM
loppa

It bothers me to keep hearing Vityaz moving and whatnot... because I hear that from nowhere but here. I mean, I'd like it, but I don't see/hear that from anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbeaver View Post
A honest answer is yes i do and ill tell you why. Medvescak has in general always been the underdog for anything, entering the EBEL, with the lowest budget gaining recognition in the league, and than getting into KHL, all in a span of 4 years. This is mostly due to the industriousness and positivity of the capable management. They are very good at makeing connections aswell. And also the fact that they found a niche where the club become interesting (NA player/style). That niche i think is something KHL would want to preserve. Also the club keeps growing and trying to be better. (and there are lots of things to improve still and create)
I mean the hindrance is more here in the Arena. It will need an investment to make a permanent ice but in the end it is in the interest of the club and the Arena to do it. One will have a home up to future KHL specs and the other a booked Arena and still be able to do all the things they usually do, concerts conferences, what ever. It will happen im pretty sure. Money will be found because it would be a long term solution for both.
As for DS, money that is going to be invested will be probably spread out to all the sport arenas in it, not just arena 1 where hockey is played. also most probably outside will be renovated and all the major hallways. Its not supposed to bring DS up to KHL future specs (it satisfies current specs as it was approved), but it will make the whole thing better.
The thing is the exact details of the renovation/reconstruction is unknown still. These are only logical assumptions.
Well, the thing is that I am not sure that Medvescak is a long term member of the KHL. I mean, hey, they are very cool right now, but are they really a long term thing?

My favorite thing about them is that they are perhaps a good comparison of say a team AHL vs the KHL. Though I suspect that there will not be such a need for this in the future...

The other question that pops up is will russian funding be around forever? The former yugoslavia is poor compared to western europe... I don't think that they have the financial means, without russian funding. One more thing that I wonder is their attendance... sure it's good now, but can they sell out an entire season in the big arena? Do people in Zagreb have that much spending power? Now, they probably don't have that spending power in many Russian places, but still, that crosses my mind.