HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

14 Dec 2011 - Chiggy @ Wild: The Norris Division Hatefest Continues - 6:30PM, Versus

Old
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
14 Dec 2011 - Chiggy @ Wild: The Norris Division Hatefest Continues - 6:30PM, Versus

@
(18-8-4, 40 pts, 2nd) - (20-7-3, 43 pts, 1st)

14 Dec 2011 - 6:30PM - Versus, TSN2, KFAN

@ Xcel Energy Centre

Gameday Jukebox:

Tonight, YOUR NHL-Leading Minnesota Wild take on the Central Division-leading Chicago Blackcawks as they look to snap their one-game losing streak. The Wild have a tough game ahead as they try and defend the top spot in the NHL, taking on the #2 team in the West just 23 hours after a very fast-paced and physical game in The 'Peg. Everyone will be watching to see how they rebound––and I mean everyone, as it's the top two teams in the West facing off on national TV.

Guillaume "Big Bear" Latendresse had the Wild's only goal last night as he made his unexpected return from a concussion. Moorhead Native Matt Cullen is not certain but is expected to play after sitting out for a day with an unspecified illness. The presence of those two in the lineup will be hugely important as the Wild are without Pierre-Marc "Repeat Offender" Bouchard, who was boarded from behind in the final minute of last night's game and left the ice bleeding profusely from what everyone is praying isn't another concussion. Shanahan, as expected, issued no discipline and did not dignify the Wild fans or management with any sort of video or statement or offhanded remark or acknowledgment of existence, because if we've learned anything this season, it's that the Wild are apparently fair game along the boards. BUT tonight is a new night! The Wild have called up Warren Peters to fill the extra spot left at forward, placing Josh Harding on short-term IR to temporarily clear space. Let's leave all that behind and enjoy another heaping helping of what's to come in the Norris Division next year.

And seriously, if you're going tonight, please drown out the road fans. It's a sellout tonight, and I'm sick and tired of hearing cheers after other teams score. Be loud, and be proud––we're the #1 team in hockey!

LINES:

Cullen is a game-time decision. If he plays, the lines will be:
Clutter - Kaptain - The Turtleneck
Big Bear - Moorhead Native Matt Cullen - Gopher's Golden Boy
Johnson - Kyle "Sign Me" Brodziak - POWE!!!
Gillies - Almond - Sawdust

Marek Zidlicky is questionable to make his return from a concussion, but assuming he does not:
Schultzy - Apple Valley Native Mike Lundin
The Spurge - Scandella
Stoner - Zanon

Backs
(Hackett)

Stalberg - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Kruger - Hossa
Brunette - Bolland - Bickell
Carcillo - Mayers - Frolik

Keith - Seabrook
(cough cough) - Hjalmarsson
Montador - Scott

Emery
(Crawford)

And one more thing:

(But seriously **** Brendan Shanahan)

Last edited by llamapalooza: 12-14-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: How 'bout some content, eh?
llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Yay, impending GDT!

Loving these future Central match-ups!

P.S. Your Avatar had me rolling.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Time to grab your...

...and make the X LOUD!

lol.

Backstrom doing his turtle walk. Backstrom starting in both back to back games...

THE POWER OF YEO COMPELS...

Oh, shut up...

Wild lose to these Chiggy Chiggers. Blah. We then have to face more stupid "advanced" stats articles saying the Wild are coming down to earth, regressing to the mean... Blah.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
GDT content will be posted shortly...
My expectations are high now so this better be a good one...

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
se7en
infamous...

Im back in the situation where the stupid game is on Versus so it's blacked out on Gamecenter so if anyone has a link for it tonight it would be much appreciated.

On a sidenote, can anyone explain to me why a game being on Versus has anything to do with blacking out an online video feed!? I don't understand it!! I can understand if I had center ice because thats thru the television so you'd be watching TV anyways but I paid for the online one, so that I can watch when I can't get to a television. So why on earth can't I watch online or on my phone!? Thats so frusterating to have paid $160 to watch games online but not get to watch them because theyre on TV. I paid for it because I dont have access to a TV 75% of the time because Im working when the games start!! GRRRRRR!! I dont understand the correllation...

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
mnwildgophers

Need to bounce back tonight boys, could be interesting lineup choices tonight with all the injuries and people coming back and such. I'm excited to see what we bounce back with. It was a hard fought game last night, so let's have another one. Need to score early and often and we need to be better than last night.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Stormrider451

So it looks like Zidlicky is a game time decision for tonight....

"Wed, Dec 14
Zidlicky (concussion) was on the ice for Wednesday's morning skate, but is a game-time decision for Wednesday's game against Chicago, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Recommendation: It sounds like he could return from IR. If not, this shows he'll return to a game soon.
(Rotowire.com)"

Stormrider451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Very nice GDT

I've got a bad feeling about tonight after the Winnipeg game last night. Hopefully we can work some Yeo-magic against a more "sustainable" team.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
clutterbucks22

I want a much better effort tonight for our home crowd! I'm calling a Heater 2 goal game, he's been so close and is do to break out!

clutterbucks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Im back in the situation where the stupid game is on Versus so it's blacked out on Gamecenter so if anyone has a link for it tonight it would be much appreciated.

On a sidenote, can anyone explain to me why a game being on Versus has anything to do with blacking out an online video feed!? I don't understand it!! I can understand if I had center ice because thats thru the television so you'd be watching TV anyways but I paid for the online one, so that I can watch when I can't get to a television. So why on earth can't I watch online or on my phone!? Thats so frusterating to have paid $160 to watch games online but not get to watch them because theyre on TV. I paid for it because I dont have access to a TV 75% of the time because Im working when the games start!! GRRRRRR!! I dont understand the correllation...
When they sell the rights to a broadcast, it's the exclusive right to carry that game on any medium in the specified area. Unfortunately, for Versus, that's the entire country.

I agree, by the way, and I'd love it if I could watch even FS-N games on GCL, as I simply don't have the option of getting cable. But I think the NHL is hampered by bad contracts on this one. I think there's a reason they don't really try all that hard to pull down illegal streams.

Old
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Hawks fan coming in peace. I hope this renews the rivalry for the upcoming years. This being said, I am thinking the Wild win. Hawks get 2 days off they play like slugs for 2 periods. Been the story of the year. I'll be at the game so look me up and maybe we can throw a beer or two down before the game. Toews jersey/Seden stocking hat.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Okay my expectations were met. Great job Llama!

For the rest of you, here's some group therapy:

Old
12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Zidlicky is off IR and Prosser is going down to Houston.

Old
12-14-2011, 03:31 PM
BigT2002

Definitely came in wondering if you guys were going to use "blacky"

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Nooooo! Still better to know NOW that GCL is blocked. Thanks! I was going to wake up -> just to watch a black screen three in the morning.

Better to sleep then.. Glorious sleep, victorious morning!

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

great job on the GDT! loving the lines, made me chuckle. let's win big tonight, boys!

The Boyle Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 03:58 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

While Cullen lives in Moorhead, he's not a Moorhead native. He's "Virginia, Minnesota Native Matt Cullen."

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
As part of the NHL's contract with Versus, they will not use Gamecenter/Center Ice/any other product to compete with Versus's broadcasts. The idea is that they've sold the rights to show the game to Versus. In turn, Versus receives more subscribers because they want to watch NHL games. If the NHL offers an alternative method of watching the games, people no longer have that incentive to subscribe to Versus. On that basis, GCL only displays the game if you do not have any other options for viewing the game.

Old
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantaa FI75 View Post
Nooooo! Still better to know NOW that GCL is blocked. Thanks! I was going to wake up -> just to watch a black screen three in the morning.

Better to sleep then.. Glorious sleep, victorious morning!
GCL is blocked in the US, but since (I presume) Versus network isn't available in Finland, you should still be able to tune in.

Old
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Definitely came in wondering if you guys were going to use "blacky"
Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought.

Old
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
I hereby declare that Almond's nickname be Cody Almond Joy.

His game obviously resembles delicious, delicious candy.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
mnwild

vCash: 125
If the wild fans come out and support the wild half as much as jets fans did in winnypeggy, wild should win 3-2

Last edited by mnwild: 12-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.
mnwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
TurnStyles5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwild View Post
If the wild fans come out and support the wild half as much as jets fans did in winnypeggy, wild should win 3-2
It was interesting reading Russo's interview with Yeo in his blog. Jokingly accusing them of pumping in artificial noise. "No one is standing or cheering and yet the whole building is RAHHHH" or something like that. But, he also said they aren't the only building that does that. Just something to think about because their building was rockin' last night.

TurnStyles5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

I assume I'm the only one who thought of this when I read the title?

Old
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I assume I'm the only one who thought of this when I read the title?

Or this...

[shudder]

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote