HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

HBO 24/7 Episode 1 12/14

Old
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
RangersFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They will probably start with the Florida game next week. Seems like they just ran out of time on this episode.
this...production is tight, with the quick turnover and editing added to HBO's standard of production values fitting in the games closer to air night is tough

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

LOVED the first episode, and I'm not trying to nit pick, but I do have a few complaints:

1.) Thought they would've started with the first Rangers-Flyers game last month. They obviously had the cameras going for it as there were a ton of slow mo clips from that specific game. Was it just for the slow mo clips? Or will they maybe work a little out of order and show that game later in the series?

2.) Was a little disappointed that they only showed ONE Rangers victory, as opposed to 3 or 4 Flyers victories..not for nothing, but this team has played well all year, yet they show the Toronto and Tampa Bay losses, and only show the Buffalo win, even though the blow out against Florida was the very next night. So I wish it woulda been a lil more even in that regard.

3.) Also a little disappointed they didn't show the Broadway Hat for our one victory..yet played that really AWFUL Flyers victory song!! Is that SERIOUSLY their song for wins??

Other then those few things, it was an awesome first episode, and I can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 12-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

I'm in Canada, does anyone know where I can watch this online yet?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:51 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

1. Really HBO you show us scoring like two ****ing goals? No first Philly game and 2 of our 7 losses? Florida game better make next week but I doubt it.

2. Love Torts.

12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I am hoping some uploads just the universe commentary to YouTube....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:56 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
They will probably start with the Florida game next week. Seems like they just ran out of time on this episode.
The preview for next week said it was on the western road trip.

I really don't care how we're portrayed, but they certainly weren't doing us any favors.

Oh, and props to HBO for showing the game against Pittsburgh and barely letting out a mention of Crosby. I rolled my eyes when they showed the Penguins walking into the stadium.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I am hoping some uploads just the universe commentary to YouTube....

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

All Bryzgalov was trying to say was that we are this tiny speck in a universe so massive we can't even wrap our minds around how massive it is.

And since we are all here stuck together on this speck, we should be happy.

I agree.

But the way he explains it with his accent, is funny.

Good guy.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
All Bryzgalov was trying to say was that we are this tiny speck in a universe so massive we can't even wrap our minds around how massive it is.

I agree.

Good guy.
Yeah, I hope most people understood what he was getting at. He seems like a good, funny guy. What makes it so amusing though is how random a topic it is and how into it he is, right from when he starts off. He's so emphatic discussing it and it's so bizarre for a show about hockey.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

edit: remove

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
I loved it, cant wait til next week.

And just me, or did it seem they painted it as we are struggling this year? Suprised, besides the intro-which was epic-, that they showed nothing of our game vs Flyers.

Thought they would make up for it with our game vs Buffalo, but didn't seem to happen. Wanted to see Hagelin get hyped.

Let me stop my whining, the show is/was amazing. Bryz is unintentionally hilarious.

Edit: Man I felt bad for Anisimov. We all knew when it happened, but he had zero intentions for how his celebration was percieved-miserable spelling?-. Good to see him apologize, and to later see Girardi poking fun at him at dinner.

Last edited by Muh: 12-14-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:03 PM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

Damnit won't get to watch it till tomorrow. Reading thru the thread though looks like it was good.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:05 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheBlue View Post
Damnit won't get to watch it till tomorrow. Reading thru the thread though looks like it was good.
LMAO..freaking AWESOME avatar and signature!!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post

And just me, or did it seem they painted it as we are struggling this year? Suprised, besides the intro-which was epic-, that they showed nothing of our game vs Flyers.

Thought they would make up for it with our game vs Buffalo, but didn't seem to happen. Wanted to see Hagelin get hyped.

Let me stop my whining, the show is/was amazing. Bryz is unintentionally hilarious.
Watch them ditch the Panthers game and go straight to the Dallas game, too.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:

Nah, I mean one of the things that they mention right in the beginning is that both teams are doing well. And in all fairness, we did lose two out of the three games they showed, and it's guaranteed that we'll see at least another loss on next weeks (Stars game).

i dont think they made it as big of a deal because it was only a two game skid. When the caps skid ended it was after 8 games.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Just from last year and from what I expect from HBO, I cant see that happening. But just hoping for them to show us some recognition on how well we have been playing this year.

I obviously always root for wins, but with these games against Blues and I believe Coyotes coming up, and then Devs and Isles, we must play well and win. I need to watch this show with wins.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
if you notice, they showed a very few clips from that game towards the end. Richards getting stitched up, and quick shot of some play where you can make out the Panther's socks, so yeah I'm not expecting to see that. More upset that we wont see Step's amazing goal on HBO.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

Edit: Man I felt bad for Anisimov. We all knew when it happened, but he had zero intentions for how his celebration was percieved-miserable spelling?-. Good to see him apologize, and to later see Girardi poking fun at him at dinner.
Dubinsky complaining about the whole thing was amazing also. I didn't know they were so in-your-face to the refs, I thought that type of stuff would give you unsportsmanlike.

Anisimov was hilarious though, seems like an extremely nerdy guy.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Nah, I mean one of the things that they mention right in the beginning is that both teams are doing well. And in all fairness, we did lose two out of the three games they showed, and it's guaranteed that we'll see at least another loss on next weeks (Stars game).

i dont think they made it as big of a deal because it was only a two game skid. When the caps skid ended it was after 8 games.
Agree, I guess I was just looking for something. But ever since Flyers game, I was expecting that game to get a big piece of this episode, and not just the intro.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Dubinsky complaining about the whole thing was amazing also. I didn't know they were so in-your-face to the refs, I thought that type of stuff would give you unsportsmanlike.

Anisimov was hilarious though, seems like an extremely nerdy guy.
Did you watch the show last year? Lot's of guys mouthing off to the Refs.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
darko

Guess I'm in minority when it doesnt really bother me that they aren't showing our wins. I'm more interested in off the ice stuff. Locker room, training rooms, talking to coaches/players, things players get up outside of hockey (like Cally talking out his folks for a dinner haha, or the whole credit card dinner game).

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Agree, I guess I was just looking for something. But ever since Flyers game, I was expecting that game to get a big piece of this episode, and not just the intro.
They'll put more focus on the rangers/flyers matchup later on in the month instead.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

I also hope they show Sauer soon. It's kind of concerning seeing Giroux go about his concussion protocol, but Sauer isn't mentioned.

Old
CG14

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Working on getting it up... I should have an SD version up tonight, HD tomorrow morning. (on YouTube)
Not to hassle, but any idea of the time frame for tonight?

CG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

I agree.

Good guy.
What he said is absolutely correct and it's a fascinating subject matter but for me the hilarity was both his accent and the context of him bringing up such a subject matter on camera when giving an interview for a documentary about the two hockey teams.... Can't wait to see what he talks about next week.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote