HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HBO 24/7 Episode 1 12/14

Old
12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He just doesn't come off as smart. He has that look in his eyes and everything. I can normally tell when someone from another country is smart. I don't see that in Bryz.
I'd say he comes of as a person with a lot of curiosity about a wide range of subjects. Maybe a bit ADD. Something I can relate to.

Anyway, he has a guaranteed income of at least $5 mil for the next 9 years. However you get there you have the pure luxury of not having to put on airs for anyone.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
gluvhand

You know...crying like a little girl over the refs/linesman calls is no better than crying like a little girl about seeing the losses on a TV program.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
You know...crying like a little girl over the refs/linesman calls is no better than crying like a little girl about seeing the losses on a TV program.
It is when I'm right and you're wrong. There's nothing you can do to dispute the timeline that HBO was filming. There's plenty I can do to dispute the intelligence of an official who made a call based on his feelings.

Speaking of intelligence, I bet if that referee were a Rangers fan and was watching 24/7 he'd be pretty upset about them now showing our wins.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
It is when I'm right and you're wrong. There's nothing you can do to dispute the timeline that HBO was filming. There's plenty I can do to dispute the intelligence of an official who made a call based on his feelings.
You can dispute his intelligence...by crying like a little girl. And you did. Thank you.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:13 PM
mike14

You know, young males whine and cry just as much as young females, why single out one sex over the other?

Onto the whole AA thing (again), the refs and linesmen come accross looking very stupid IMO. As a linesman, if you are going to explain to the guys in the box what's going on, you need to know yourself, saying "for whatever he called" doesn't cut it. As for the ref and "that's not kosher" and "I've never seen it like that", well find somewhere in the rule book where 'kosher' is mentioned. YOu don't give penalties because you don't like something, you do it because it goes against something in the book. Hopefully the league looked at that and gave all the officials from that game a call.

Genrally I'll side with the ref in that once the penalty has been called you don't need to explain yourself, but when you seem to be making up the call, and no-one understands what's going on (including the linesman) you need to explian at least the basics.

Can't wait to hear the reaction from the Hags goalie interference.....

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:13 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Well made production
A nice kind of filming style...
Avery smiling at Artie was too telling (he was probably thinking "I wish I did that")
The dinner hat game was nice too
When I was playing hockey in Chicagoland long ago we used to put a dollar into a hat before the games - whoever laid out the meanest hit got all the contents. It was when Slapshot came out... Some of those games got pretty darned chippy...
Callys Grandma was great! They should have had her confront the zebras
Too many F.words imo - and I am just not a person that refrains from or condemns swearing - just a bit of an overkill production-wise imo. I mean charity & helping underprivileged kids as role models one second - then **** this **** that every other word. Paradox. Snider makes me wanna puke btw...
Torts is exactly what I expected. Not a big fan of his. A good motivator through fear - but not much of a tactical guy. He only knows "North South". But he is having good results so far this year making me eat crow as of now- I readily admit. I know a guy that played for him when they won a Cup together, he said he was a maniac...
Bryz was great - best of the lot.
Miss Jagr too.
Looking fwd to next show - thanx to the people providing the link so that we Eurotrashers can see it too!
Lastly - here is a pic of me (and my wife and a cool monk) with a tiger from a year ago in Thailand at a Tiger Sanctuary in his tribute. Bryz makes a good point about their pending extinction - they are disappearing fast - and I actually went to China to see the wild Siberian Tiger too - but came up shorthanded there... Dead u know.

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
You can dispute his intelligence...by crying like a little girl. And you did. Thank you.
You do understand the lack of intelligence in complaining about them showing losses when they were with the team during a week where they lost 2 of the 3 games they played, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
You know, young males whine and cry just as much as young females, why single out one sex over the other?

Onto the whole AA thing (again), the refs and linesmen come accross looking very stupid IMO. As a linesman, if you are going to explain to the guys in the box what's going on, you need to know yourself, saying "for whatever he called" doesn't cut it. As for the ref and "that's not kosher" and "I've never seen it like that", well find somewhere in the rule book where 'kosher' is mentioned. YOu don't give penalties because you don't like something, you do it because it goes against something in the book. Hopefully the league looked at that and gave all the officials from that game a call.

Genrally I'll side with the ref in that once the penalty has been called you don't need to explain yourself, but when you seem to be making up the call, and no-one understands what's going on (including the linesman) you need to explian at least the basics.

Can't wait to hear the reaction from the Hags goalie interference.....

It's a figure of speech. Whining like a little girl.

As for the rest of your post I agree 100%. That's my issue with it. You could tell from his explanation to Torts that it was all about the fact that he didn't like it personally. And that was further proven by the fact that he didn't give Lecavalier even TWO MINUTES for instigating it. NOTHING. NADA. That's a joke. As far as the linesman talking to the guys in the box, I understand that he isn't the official but all he needs to do is say listen I'm not the referee so you'll have to take it up with him. Instead he acts like a dick and like it's none of their business why they're getting screwed. That clip was a perfect example of why I loathe officials at every level in every sport. Too many of them act like ****** for no reason.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
You do understand the lack of intelligence in complaining about them showing losses when they were with the team during a week where they lost 2 of the 3 games they played, don't you?

It's a figure of speech. Whining like a little girl.

As for the rest of your post I agree 100%. That's my issue with it. You could tell from his explanation to Torts that it was all about the fact that he didn't like it personally. And that was further proven by the fact that he didn't give Lecavalier even TWO MINUTES for instigating it. NOTHING. NADA. That's a joke. As far as the linesman talking to the guys in the box, I understand that he isn't the official but all he needs to do is say listen I'm not the referee so you'll have to take it up with him. Instead he acts like a dick and like it's none of their business why they're getting screwed. That clip was a perfect example of why I loathe officials at every level in every sport. Too many of them act like ****** for no reason.
I do understand but didn't do any of the complaining myself so...

And you understand that it doesn't matter that you're "right". You criticized people for crying like little girls then did the same yourself. Don't be a hypocrite. Own it this time.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
rmcg11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I took it the same way I take that from any linesman.

They don't feel that they have to explain anything to you. They are pompous idiots but they would be doing alot of explaining that there is no need for if they started now.

The Referee that explained it to Torts totally blew the call on Vinny as he started the whole fracas.
it sounds to me like the ref said to arty "2 minutes for whatever" which is bs. Either give him an explanation or don't give him anything no need to make a comment like that to a player. i love dubi's reaction though.

rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I do understand but didn't do any of the complaining myself so...

And you understand that it doesn't matter that you're "right". You criticized people for crying like little girls then did the same yourself. Don't be a hypocrite. Own it this time.
Own what? I'm complaining about something that's rational. The people I commented on aren't, and I explained very simply why. It's not about them complaining, it's why.

Old
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
lebear
I have no idea

Callahan's face when Prust kept on talking about that massage...

lebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebear View Post
Callahan's face when Prust kept on talking about that massage...
I just want to eat my chicken parm in peace...

Is that all he eats?

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I took it the same way I take that from any linesman.

They don't feel that they have to explain anything to you. They are pompous idiots but they would be doing alot of explaining that there is no need for if they started now.

The Referee that explained it to Torts totally blew the call on Vinny as he started the whole fracas.
I didn't mean it like that. I don't think those guys should not be explaining the whys of a call. But this guy wouldn't even say what the call was, but rather just kept on repeating the totals and acted like Artie didn't understand english.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
MSG the place to be*

"It was the franchises 2,500th all-time victory, memorable for each Ranger, in any number of ways." (End of scene)

Who the hell wrote that creepy line.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Lastly - here is a pic of me (and my wife and a cool monk) with a tiger from a year ago in Thailand at a Tiger Sanctuary in his tribute. Bryz makes a good point about their pending extinction - they are disappearing fast - and I actually went to China to see the wild Siberian Tiger too - but came up shorthanded there... Dead u know.
watch out for those man-eaters

DoTheBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:46 PM
redfzn

Quote:
Nice boobies.

That'll be all.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
I just want to eat my chicken parm in peace...

Is that all he eats?
The Captain eats whatever he wants!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 06:57 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Nice boobies.

That'll be all.
I assume you are referring to the Monk with the exposed right nipple.

Old
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Lastly - here is a pic of me (and my wife and a cool monk) with a tiger from a year ago in Thailand at a Tiger Sanctuary in his tribute.
Super cool pic. I'm a huge fan of Big Cats. Amazing animals. My wife and I got to spend up close and personal time with some Cheetahs. It was a huge thrill for us.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Super cool pic. I'm a huge fan of Big Cats. Amazing animals. My wife and I got to spend up close and personal time with some Cheetahs. It was a huge thrill for us.
Next step, Ligers!

Old
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
dynamoovechkin

Good natured simpleton Bryzgalov marvelling about astrophysics- priceless. And you just gotta love that Brandon Prust. I was surprised at how well Hagelin fit in- it was like he was with the team for years.

I knew Artie would become even more of a fan fave after this- came off as a great guy.

A little shocked how Torts called out Brian Boyle by name and came down so hard on Gabby during the game. He probably does that kind of stuff all the time, but the timing of it seemed a little calculated on Torts part, IMHO.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
Good natured simpleton Bryzgalov marvelling about astrophysics- priceless.
That's how I saw it. And it was probably 10x as funny thinking of it like that.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Nice boobies.

That'll be all.
His, his, or hers?

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Ryan McDonut
Resign Glass

europeans saying american terms is hilarious. Gaborik's "theres no going around the bush with tortorella."

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
His, his, or hers?
My man boobs?

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote