Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #31 - Washington Capitals at Winnipeg Jets

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
MadMen88

vCash: 500
Hey Washington, how's the Dale Hunter experiment going? Oh, I see. And how about that great goaltending fix you did in order to make you a complete cup contender? Michael Neuvirth has a better chance at winning this game than Vokoun does! The Capitals need this win tonight so badly, so unbelievably badly I can't even begin to imagine what will happen if they drop a game to a team they are chasing in their own division, I mean, here's a team whose roster is one of the best in the league.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I don't usually go into other GDT's, but man, there are some really down in the dumps guys over in the Capitals board.

It's amazing what expectations can do to your perception. The Caps are only 1 point behind us, and actually have 1 more win than us.

Where most of us here are busting with optimism and loving the play of the team right now, they are just hoping their team "doesn't suck tonight" (that's from their board).

I guess that's the difference when you expect your team to be near the top and they aren't, and when you expect you team to be either out of the playoffs or battling for the last playoff spot and they are.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:36 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

What happened to Braden Holtby? I know Neuvirth and Vokoun aren't play well right now, but aren't they using a three-goalie system? He's probably their goalie of the future anyways.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Winnipeg Jets game day practice audio

Ondrej Pavelec - Talking about Capitals team. Is this game more important since it is against division rival? Keys to stopping Capitals snipers. Challenge to play against skilled players. Looking at the standings.

Evander Kane - Bunched up teams in the East. Success of his line. What he expects from the Capitals. Watching the standings. Hitting the post. Over-accuracy.

Dustin Byfuglien - Jets goal celebration. Confidence of the team. Keeping group loose. Good and bad goals deserve celebration. What he see's from the Capitals.

Bryan Little - Chemistry of the line. Is there too much ice time? Extra speed? What he expects from Washington. Eye on the standings.

Tanner Glass- Nicest shootout goal he remembers. What he expects from Washington. How the GST line has gotten it done. Working on the faceoff. Scouting of the opposition. Watching the standings. Fans reaction to the GST line. Reaction to fans chanting GST during the Wild game. Jealousy of the nickname.

Mark Flood - What he expects from Washington. Facing the big guns of the Caps. His level of play. Impact of returning players on his game. Following success of the IceCaps.

Coach Noel - As team gets healthy, concern over losing Mark Flood. Better than some of the other d-men. Injury updates. Capitals team - expectations. Watching the standings. Making due with what you have. When his team hit its targets. Jets becoming targets. And a lot more.

Winnipeg Jets audio, click here.

Old
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Washington Capitals post-practice game day audio

Alexander Ovechkin - Impact of Dale Hunter on team. How he is playing under the new system. Frustration with his game. Talks about first two games against Winnipeg, mentions Pavelec's success. Atmosphere at MTS Centre.

Nicklas Backstrom - Difference in Caps team under new coach. Difficulty in learning new system?

Jeff Halpern - Speaking about playing other southeast division teams and difference in coming to Winnipeg. MTS environment. Speaks about Jets and Winnipeg. Keys to solving Jets team. Changes in Washington systems.

Cody Eakin - Playing in his 1st season. Transition to new coach. Playing in front of hometown fans. Who to lean on.

Coach Hunter - Transition to head coach. What he likes about his team. Top 3. Scouting report on Jets. Being back in Washington, leading the team. Trying to turn the team around. Caps goaltending. Winnipeg fans.

Washington Capitals audio, click here.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

A little OT, but I really hope we draft Tanner Pearson next year.

OHL leading scorer, representing Canada in the WJC and he's Scheifele's linemate and close friend. And to think he was passed over by all 30 teams in last summer's draft.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
A little OT, but I really hope we draft Tanner Pearson next year.

OHL leading scorer, representing Canada in the WJC and he's Scheifele's linemate and close friend. And to think he was passed over by all 30 teams in last summer's draft.
Yeah he is absolutely lighting it up right now. 66 pts in 30 games or something.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:07 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Only 8 goals in the last 4 games, I want to see the Jet's hit the score sheet big time tonight.

Flood goal and two assists tonight.

Hope Ladd makes at least one pass tonight, he has been handling the puck like it's radioactive as of late.

Last edited by sipowicz: 12-15-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Go Jets Go!!!!

Are you at the game tnite Holden? If you are, tell Pavelec and Ladd 2 rows in front of you to stop leaning!

Go Jets Go!!!!

Old
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

And yet another game I'm going to miss part/most/all of because of exams. Ah well, last time that happened we had a 2-0 lead when my exam ended.

Today is another big game. If we want to make the playoffs this year we're going to have to keep winning games against our division. We're coming off a huge win last game so I think the boys are going to be energized and ready to go.

Go Jets Go!

Old
12-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Question:

Why does the game date in the OP state November 17, 2011? Is the OP just a regerg of the last Washington game? Is the start time still 730 pm CST?

Old
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Question:

Why does the game date in the OP state November 17, 2011? Is the OP just a regerg of the last Washington game? Is the start time still 730 pm CST?
I just fixed it. Holden uses a template i'm pretty sure from past GDT's. And yes, game time is 7:30pm CST.

Old
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
What happened to Braden Holtby? I know Neuvirth and Vokoun aren't play well right now, but aren't they using a three-goalie system? He's probably their goalie of the future anyways.
The plan was for Washington to go with Neuvirth and Holtby but then they found that nobody was signing Vokoun and they got him cheap it pushed Holtby to #3. He has been in the AHL all year as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post
Go Jets Go!!!!

Are you at the game tnite Holden? If you are, tell Pavelec and Ladd 2 rows in front of you to stop leaning!

Go Jets Go!!!!
Nope not at this one haha. My next one is Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Question:

Yah I use the same template (I got one saved for most teams by now) and sometimes when I make these things at 3:30am I miss some details like that . Sorry, it's now fixed.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
MadMen88

Someone should tell Dale Hunter you need to win a game if you want to stay in the NHL. Unfortunately, you can't just go around cheap shoting people like he did on Turgeon in 93 otherwise he'd probably be fine. Times have changed Dale. Sorry for the animosity, its just, well, time for the Jets to become a little more hostile to their opposition, take no prisoners, that's what they did in Boston, so I heard.

Old
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Looks like Neuvirth will get the start according the WSH GDT.

Can somebody post here when they get word of the required roster move. I refuse to put Jaffray on the 23 man roster right now, since it is not possible to have 24 guys on the roster. Somebody has to go to IR or Jaffray to AHL. I am stickler for details

Old
12-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Looks like Neuvirth will get the start according the WSH GDT.

Can somebody post here when they get word of the required roster move. I refuse to put Jaffray on the 23 man roster right now, since it is not possible to have 24 guys on the roster. Somebody has to go to IR or Jaffray to AHL. I am stickler for details
I'm not too sure, but I've read that Jaffray is likely to play tonight, even though he cleared waivers.

Is there some sort of rule that since he went through the waiver process he can still stay on the roster even if it puts us over the 23 man limit? I have no clue, i'm trying to figure it out myself.

Old
12-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Off to the game, so this is the last you will see of my crappy avatar 2day, got a special one planned for Saturday.

GO JETS GO!

OVI SUCKS OVI SUCKS

Old
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I'm not too sure, but I've read that Jaffray is likely to play tonight, even though he cleared waivers.

Is there some sort of rule that since he went through the waiver process he can still stay on the roster even if it puts us over the 23 man limit? I have no clue, i'm trying to figure it out myself.
I 99.999% sure that there is no rule like that. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be Jones that goes to IR retroactive to Dec 11. That would make the next game he would be available for Dec 20, but with Enstrom coming back on Sat he would have been a healthy anyways. But that is just a hunch. With Antro potentially back even tonight, but probably for sure Sat it won't be him, but maybe Burmi's injury is worse than initially expected? IDK.

Anyways, lineup updated to reflect TSN predictions.

Old
12-15-2011, 04:36 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

off to the game as well, sec 217 represent!

Old
12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post

Old
12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
idontknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
off to the game as well, sec 217 represent!
right below you in 117!

Old
12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Yah I use the same template (I got one saved for most teams by now) and sometimes when I make these things at 3:30am I miss some details like that . Sorry, it's now fixed.
haha no worries. You had me thinking really hard there for a second

Old
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I got 400 vCash on the Jets.

Old
12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift We Are View Post
I know I know! But I'm not sure about tonight. Don't want to get ahead of myself yet. If we lose I at least get something.

Old
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Gotaf7

Has anybody heard anything about Burmi?

Closed Thread