HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus vs. Los Angeles | 7PM EST 12/15 | "Missing Persons" edition

Old
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
QTMcWhiskers
Playoff Avatar Stays

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
Read the other day that Johan actually has better stats than big Joe Thorton did his first season at this point in the season. He is least of our concerns. Brassard, has been better but not scoring, prospal has been cold, and Umberger continues to be invisible
No ****.
Thornton 55-3-4-7

A statistical anomaly for a top 3-5 pick, especially a #1 pick. Worthless stat... but he has definitely been less noticeable the last 6-8 games. No longer has he been the one beacon of hope like he was pre-Thanksgiving.

QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 10:59 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

The boys shouldn't fixate on the blown goalie interference call. In fact, they need to develop a "who gives a **** about that!" mentality on that stuff instead of "here we go again."

The defense only gave up two goals. We scored ONE GOAL - and it was a fluke.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:00 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTMcWhiskers View Post
No ****.
Thornton 55-3-4-7

A statistical anomaly for a top 3-5 pick, especially a #1 pick. Worthless stat... but he has definitely been less noticeable the last 6-8 games. No longer has he been the one beacon of hope like he was pre-Thanksgiving.
The kid has hit "the wall." He was noticeably gassed tonight.

Old
12-15-2011, 11:04 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
The kid has hit "the wall." He was noticeably gassed tonight.
I like Johan, but he has never really popped off the screen at all to me this year... But to be fair, nobody has.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:15 AM
JrussJacket

Was pretty impressed with the size of the crowd tonight...shame the Cbj let them down...they just looked like they were going through the motions.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
RyJo needs to learn to make quicker decisions with the puck. But for a rookie, he's doing a nice job.
Really, I see the exact opposite. I think he is making decisions to quick rather than being patient, I mean he never turns the puck over because the puck is on his stick for like 2 seconds at the most usually.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:30 AM
EDM

After watching tonite's game, I have to switch from criticizing Howson and Arneil to wanting to vomit on almost every player wearing a blue jersey. What a pathetic lack of effort !! Skating around at half speed, mindlessly watching the Kings play hockey, moping that the puck does not magically gravitate to their sticks, despairing that that Quick was so rude as to actually block their shots. Just astonishing that professional athletes would show so little pride in their effort.

I watch Derek MacKenzie get on the ice and fly around like a buzzsaw, yet no one seems to think it would be a good idea to play with that kind of effort. Instead, they all seem to model themselves on "The Captain" who plays with passion for usually no more than 30-40 seconds per game. More and more I am convinced that the one single thing they can do to improve, beyond switching coaches, etc, is trade Nash and his slow moving butt out of town and give that "C" to someone who actually cares about the game.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
The boys shouldn't fixate on the blown goalie interference call. In fact, they need to develop a "who gives a **** about that!" mentality on that stuff instead of "here we go again."

The defense only gave up two goals. We scored ONE GOAL - and it was a fluke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
After watching tonite's game, I have to switch from criticizing Howson and Arneil to wanting to vomit on almost every player wearing a blue jersey. What a pathetic lack of effort !! Skating around at half speed, mindlessly watching the Kings play hockey, moping that the puck does not magically gravitate to their sticks, despairing that that Quick was so rude as to actually block their shots. Just astonishing that professional athletes would show so little pride in their effort.

I watch Derek MacKenzie get on the ice and fly around like a buzzsaw, yet no one seems to think it would be a good idea to play with that kind of effort. Instead, they all seem to model themselves on "The Captain" who plays with passion for usually no more than 30-40 seconds per game. More and more I am convinced that the one single thing they can do to improve, beyond switching coaches, etc, is trade Nash and his slow moving butt out of town and give that "C" to someone who actually cares about the game.
This team is mental.

Old
12-16-2011, 07:09 AM
EspenK

Quote:

I tend to agree. Nash is way too streaky, is ineffective most times and shows no passion. He also is trending to a 55-60 point season which isn't bad but for a 7 million dollar guy who should be peaking it isn't so great.

Hopefully he could still bring a couple of really good players, a top prospect and maybe a #1.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
BluejacketNut

It was funny listening to Sanford about the number of shots he faced. He basically said 'theyre a desperate teams, and thats what desperate teams do' (get a lot of pucks on net), I guess we're already past the 'desperate' point and are now at the 'who cares' point

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:56 AM
blahblah

Interesting you bring up Johansen. He should be on Team Canada right now.

I really don't know what they were trying to do keeping him on the team. He isn't carrying us. We're not playing outstanding hockey. He hasn't even been producing. We aren't playing for anything right now, since we don't even seem to be playing for pride.

He could have got his game in, had some fun, and come back, hopefully, refreshed and ready to go. Get some of that loser stench off of him.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets

The Jackets got exactly what they deserved last night. Only one team showed up to play last night, and it wasn't our guys.

A lot of fans should be angry for having paid to watch that deplorable effort from the home side.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:10 AM
CBJCougar

Arniel is a study in stubborn. At what point is he willing to admit his AHL system isn't going to work in the NHL? Might look good in theory, might look good on paper but in real life...it kinda sucks.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Arniel is a study in stubborn. At what point is he willing to admit his AHL system isn't going to work in the NHL? Might look good in theory, might look good on paper but in real life...it kinda sucks.
But we are giving up less goals! Oh wait I disproved that in the Fire Arniel thread. We are giving up less goals in the game that we don't allow 4 or 5 goals. Uh what?

Old
12-16-2011, 08:26 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
But we are giving up less goals! Oh wait I disproved that in the Fire Arniel thread. We are giving up less goals in the game that we don't allow 4 or 5 goals. Uh what?
LOL I know the emphasis is on speed but does it matter how fast we have someone driving to the net if we do not have secondary support that is able to get there for the rebound? How much of that is simply wasted time and effort? Are we counting on producing players who are able to beat the opposing goalie with skill? Just a couple questions from the sidelines...

Speaking of speed: Did you follow the comment during the game about the league giving thought to the removal of the red line and how the increase in speed may be directly influencing the number of concussions being experienced in record numbers? Thoughts on that?

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Speaking of speed: Did you follow the comment during the game about the league giving thought to the removal of the red line and how the increase in speed may be directly influencing the number of concussions being experienced in record numbers? Thoughts on that?
If they can produce video that shows concussions brought on by the lack of a red line I'll believe it. I'm not buying it.

Old
12-16-2011, 09:15 AM
EDM

Criticize Arniel all you want, but last nite was directly on the players who did not gave a s***. No "system" will work with players who do not care enough to make a competitive effort on the ice. I now think it is harmful to Johanson to be playing with this team, getting the idea that this type of effort is acceptable in the NHL. All teh wrong messages are being sent to the kid. But the CBJ making a mistake in player development???? Who would have thought?

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I tend to agree. Nash is way too streaky, is ineffective most times and shows no passion. He also is trending to a 55-60 point season which isn't bad but for a 7 million dollar guy who should be peaking it isn't so great.

Hopefully he could still bring a couple of really good players, a top prospect and maybe a #1.
thank you for this. I agree and have thought that he should traded for awhile now. I always get jumped on the boards for saying it though.

Hooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
blahblah

Quote:
I now think it is harmful to Johanson to be playing with this team, getting the idea that this type of effort is acceptable in the NHL.
<waves hand>

Johansen, losing is ok.... Playing hard is frowned up... Don't work hard you'll make us look bad....

Ryan.... These are not the droids you are looking for...

<waves hand>

Ryan: Sucking is AWESOME!!! Why the hell am I thinking about droids all of a sudden?

Old
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
thank you for this. I agree and have thought that he should traded for awhile now. I always get jumped on the boards for saying it though.
Its a lot less lonely a position to take as it was a few seasons ago.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:

I really don't know what they were trying to do keeping him on the team. He isn't carrying us. We're not playing outstanding hockey. He hasn't even been producing. We aren't playing for anything right now, since we don't even seem to be playing for pride.

He could have got his game in, had some fun, and come back, hopefully, refreshed and ready to go. Get some of that loser stench off of him.
I was thinking the same thing... would be a nice confidence builder for him. Which means it probably won't happen

Anywho, I missed the game, but it sounds like I didn't really "miss" much.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
And following the WJCs, sent right back to Portland.

Last edited by Samkow: 12-16-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I was thinking the same thing... would be a nice confidence builder for him. Which means it probably won't happen

Anywho, I missed the game, but it sounds like I didn't really "miss" much.
You saved 3 hours of your life...be thankful

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:57 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Really, I see the exact opposite. I think he is making decisions to quick rather than being patient, I mean he never turns the puck over because the puck is on his stick for like 2 seconds at the most usually.
That wasn't the case vs LA

Old
12-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
You saved 3 hours of your life...be thankful
That's what I figured

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote