HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Playoff - 1st round - Manchester Monarchs vs Providence Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
AHL Playoff - 1st round - Manchester Monarchs vs Providence Bruins

Manchester Monarchs Stats
Providence Bruins Stats

Cail said Gleason & Giuliano are likely going to play.

Old
04-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Lets hope so. They need all the help they can get.

Old
04-17-2005, 09:44 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Gleason is our best D-man..... We could use him and we should get Petiot here and bring Karlsson over and Tukonen and Pushkarev (If they lose soon) now then our team would be sick

Old
04-18-2005, 02:51 AM
Venom_17

This is a tough matchup. Hilbert and Bergeron are great players.

Old
04-18-2005, 04:25 AM
Word

How did they do head to head? Also how do you think the Monarchs will do in this series?

Old
04-18-2005, 07:57 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
How did they do head to head? Also how do you think the Monarchs will do in this series?
The Monarchs were 6-3-0-1 in head-to-head play with Providence this season. I'm sort of relieve to see them playing Providence rather than Lowell, since Lowell's their daddy this season. I have this mental image of some Lowell skaters skating around inside Boudreau's head every time I think of it, and it's sickening.

I think the Monarchs will come out on top (prediction: 5 games). Hopefully Hartford finishes off Lowell, and we meet Hartford in round 2. We can beat Hartford - difficult as that might be - but I'll tell you, I don't think we'd have gone passed 5 games against Lowell.

Old
04-18-2005, 12:00 PM
deano

Will Gleason be ready for the Providence series? I am also hoping for a second round match up with Hartford (God willing, they beat Providence), Lowell has been killing the Monarchs this season. That line of Staal and Kobasew have been unstoppable.

Old
04-18-2005, 01:14 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano
Will Gleason be ready for the Providence series?
Unknown. The Monarchs have stopped publishing their injury report in advance of the playoffs. However, rumor has it that he will likely be available for the start of the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Albi

I won't be surprised to see the WPack sent home by the Crap Monsters.

Old
04-18-2005, 05:19 PM
jt

FYI...the Monarchs-Bruins series will pit former BC teammates Ryan Murphy and Andrew Alberts, fresh off their NCAA tourney games.

Old
04-18-2005, 07:07 PM
deano

I hope the AHL streams the games. I've been dying to watch some of Manchesters games this season

Old
04-19-2005, 02:19 AM
Venom_17

Yeah its too bad, I think the AHL missed a HUGE opportunity this season by not televising more games nationwide, especially in Canada.

Old
04-19-2005, 02:41 AM
TWS

What exactly is the requirement of players from Europe and the CHL to start play in the AHL? Can they just start playing for a team in the playoffs?

Old
04-19-2005, 07:06 AM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano
I hope the AHL streams the games. I've been dying to watch some of Manchesters games this season
Me too. But I think we'll watch something next weekend.
At the AHL official website there's a new section about the playoff: Caldercup.com

Old
04-19-2005, 07:39 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
I think the AHL missed a HUGE opportunity this season by not televising more games nationwide, especially in Canada.
What a timely seque (picked this up from another board):

TV networks won't touch AHL playoffs

Despite the fact [the AHL North Division's first playoff round] involves two Canadian teams from two NHL organizations who enjoy ravenous fan support, during a time when hockey fans are starved for some playoff action, there's not a TV network in the land that'll touch it.

"It's disappointing to me that we haven't had more interest ... but it is what it is," AHL president David Andrews said yesterday. "We have made every effort to get our games on."

So what's the problem, you ask?

Not enough people watch the AHL when it is on.

Over at Rogers Sportsnet, which has first right of refusal for AHL games and televised several during the regular season, vice-president of programming David Akande says it costs an average of $42,000 to produce a game.

Money not that well spent, it turns out.

"It is an investment, I'll phrase it that way," Akande said. "With the AHL, we don't make that money back from the advertising community."

Besides, things like the Blue Jays, the NBA playoffs, wrestling and auto racing have already filled the sports channel schedules.

Not even the prospect of potential Games 6 and 7 in Toronto, where TSN drew 100,000-plus viewers for a couple of Leafs games during the season, is enough for the TV execs to change their plans.

"Obviously, there's a bit of a marketing appeal to those games," said Stewart Johnston, senior director of programming over at TSN. "But it doesn't make sense for a network to jump in for a couple of games, and then leave."

From The Winnipeg Sun.

Last edited by ReggieMoto: 04-19-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old
04-19-2005, 06:26 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Ouch....... im hoping to catch something.... on my dish..... plz..... let the hockey gawds give me something

Old
04-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
The Monarchs were 6-3-0-1 in head-to-head play with Providence this season. I'm sort of relieve to see them playing Providence rather than Lowell, since Lowell's their daddy this season. I have this mental image of some Lowell skaters skating around inside Boudreau's head every time I think of it, and it's sickening.

I think the Monarchs will come out on top (prediction: 5 games). Hopefully Hartford finishes off Lowell, and we meet Hartford in round 2. We can beat Hartford - difficult as that might be - but I'll tell you, I don't think we'd have gone passed 5 games against Lowell.
Thanks. I think the Monarchs can get past Providende as well. Like you I would like to see Lowell gone but lets make it in 7 games. Wouldnt want Hartford to get an rest

Old
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
10 ft. pole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
Thanks. I think the Monarchs can get past Providende as well. Like you I would like to see Lowell gone but lets make it in 7 games. Wouldnt want Hartford to get an rest
plus if hartford goes we may catcha game on directv

Old
04-20-2005, 02:52 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
do you think providence will air it local-y..... i mean in there town?

Old
04-20-2005, 03:05 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing
do you think providence will air it local-y..... i mean in there town?
There's been no mention of it on their web site. I've been keeping an eye on it because I'm going to be out of town for a week after the Saturday game but staying at a place with a dish....

Old
04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Sybil227

Does anyone have any updated information on Yanick Lehoux? Is there any chance he will be joining the team sometime in the playoffs?

Old
04-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
Does anyone have any updated information on Yanick Lehoux? Is there any chance he will be joining the team sometime in the playoffs?
There's a chance if the Monarchs go deep in the playoffs. Putting his name on the CDL gives the Monarchs a bit more flexibility should he come back.

I wouldn't hold my breath though, but it certainly isn't bad news.

Old
04-20-2005, 06:07 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
During the April 13th (Hartford WolfPack) pre-game radio show, Monarchs radio announcer Ken Cail interviewed Yanick Lehoux. Lehoux said he skated for about 12-15 minutes that day with the team so one can likely assume that he is now skating regularly with the team, if not as long. He said his knee felt good and that he'd completed his post-surgical physical training and is now strengthening and conditioning. On the one hand he said that he could be back in the game in 4 weeks (he hopes that can get pushed up to 3 weeks), yet on the other hand he said he's been told "no contact" for 4 weeks. I don't know how you can be ready to come back in 3-4 weeks if you're skating without any physical contact, but that's what he was saying.

He and coach Boudreau both said that if we can get through 2 playoff series we might see Lehoux come back for the 3rd series.

Old
04-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
During the April 13th (Hartford WolfPack) pre-game radio show, Monarchs radio announcer Ken Cail interviewed Yanick Lehoux. Lehoux said he skated for about 12-15 minutes that day with the team so one can likely assume that he is now skating regularly with the team, if not as long. He said his knee felt good and that he'd completed his post-surgical physical training and is now strengthening and conditioning. On the one hand he said that he could be back in the game in 4 weeks (he hopes that can get pushed up to 3 weeks), yet on the other hand he said he's been told "no contact" for 4 weeks. I don't know how you can be ready to come back in 3-4 weeks if you're skating without any physical contact, but that's what he was saying.

He and coach Boudreau both said that if we can get through 2 playoff series we might see Lehoux come back for the 3rd series.

Thanks for info! It's relatively good news, since I didn't expect him to make it back this year at all.

Old
04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

when is noah clarke get back in the line up

Closed Thread