HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gm #31 Kings @ BlueJackets 12/15/11, Post Game VICTORY, Forgot what it feels like

Old
12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think it's gonna be Stoll and Johnson first to go. Stoll just isn't needed anymore, his contract is easy to move and he's just not a good hockey player anymore. He certainly will not mesh well with Sutter and either will Johnson. We've waited for years for Johnson to round out his game-it aint happening. With Martinez and Voynov Johnson is an expendable asset (Predator reference).

Stoll i agree with. JJ on the other hand? dude has been more consistent and reliable than DD all season to date. i will say that DD has been consistent, consistently ****** to average at best.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
oh wow, i havn't looked at the standings for about a month, so figured the kings were about 7 points out of first by now, thats crazy
It's easy to lose track of time (and hockey standings) when there's a good, old fashioned coach lynching underway.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I would like us to win a Pacific division title for once. This is our last chance since everything will change next year. It's pathetic that this franchise doesn't have a single division title (Pacific era) in its resume.
It would be nice, I agree, but it ain't likely gonna happen this year. And it is pathetic.

Other Pacific teams have cycled up and down over the years, while the Kings have stayed down, or just squeaked into the playoffs the last 2 years.

It would be great to see L.A. get excited about playoff hockey - even having home ice for a change - CRAZY talk!. But I feel all that is still in the distant future - hope I'm wrong.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Defgarden

The Kings aren't even that far out from first in the pacific. There's still plenty of time to get there, though yea, it needs to start soon.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
I SCORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it should count as triple points if anyone selected him in the FGOTG thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Looked that way didn't it... I don't care if he is frustrating to watch at times, anyone that suggests trading Brown is insane.
I agree, but I also think he will be the one traded if DL elects to "send a message" with a trade. Nothing shakes a room up more than moving the captain. Outside of maybe Doughty or Kopitar, it sends the message that everyone can be moved now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I would like us to win a Pacific division title for once. This is our last chance since everything will change next year. It's pathetic that this franchise doesn't have a single division title (Pacific era) in its resume.
What will change next year, aside from us losing Stoll and Penner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
this is post 59 3+ hours after a win.
if the Kings had lost we would have 200+ posts about how they suck.
Agreed. Funny to see who isn't posting in here again huh? Maybe he had to get called in again. Funny how that happens on victories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
it's the worst team in the league, not much to get amped about.
A win is a win and your team won. If you can poke your head in here (not talk about you specifically) to ***** about a loss, you can poke your head in here to praise a victory. If we lose to Detroit tomorrow, no one is going to say "It's the best team in the league, not much to complain about." The thread will be full of posters who want to blow the team up, trade Brown for Okposo, lynch Stevens, lynch Sutter for not getting here by now, lynch DL and lynch Lieweekly. Maybe even lynch the popcorn guy for constantly putting to much damn salt in the seasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Yup. Who are going to be the lucky winners??? I'm sure Stoll, Williams, Drewiske or Martinez are frontrunners.

If DL was ballsy he'd move Voynov, Johnson or Dustin Brown or a combination of all mentioned above.
What has Drewiske done to deserve to be a frontrunner of a shakeup type trade? What exactly would that shake up? The teams for the players ping pong tournament?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think it's gonna be Stoll and Johnson first to go. Stoll just isn't needed anymore, his contract is easy to move and he's just not a good hockey player anymore. He certainly will not mesh well with Sutter and either will Johnson. We've waited for years for Johnson to round out his game-it aint happening. With Martinez and Voynov Johnson is an expendable asset (Predator reference).
I think Sutter will be great for Johnson. He did well under Red Berenson, and I think he'll do well under Sutter. TM didn't get in peoples faces enough. Sutter will, and I think JMFJ puts his best out there game after game. You don't have to like the results, but when was the last time you heard anyone say JMFJ isn't trying? I don't know if I've ever said that. Sutter will be your best friend if you work hard, and Johnson does that. I say they get along great.

Drew on the other hand...

Either way, good game, we won, when you are on a losing streak a win is a win and hopefully we build on it from here. Go Kings!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

I think Sutter will be great for Johnson. He did well under Red Berenson, and I think he'll do well under Sutter. TM didn't get in peoples faces enough. Sutter will, and I think JMFJ puts his best out there game after game. You don't have to like the results, but when was the last time you heard anyone say JMFJ isn't trying? I don't know if I've ever said that. Sutter will be your best friend if you work hard, and Johnson does that. I say they get along great.

Drew on the other hand...

Either way, good game, we won, when you are on a losing streak a win is a win and hopefully we build on it from here. Go Kings!
It's an interesting comparison, isn't it? Jack has a ton of talent, works hard, has a great attitude, but is held back by questionable hockey sense. Drew has a ton of talent, works hard (benefit of the doubt, training camp absence nonwithstanding), has great hockey sense, but is held back by questionable attitude (and the physical work, depending on who you talk to--not going to open that can of worms).

I think Sutter will work wonders for both of them, though--make the most of JJ's physical talents (I think he's been great all year, though I know others think otherwise), and harness Drew's temper tantrums.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Got to go to this one, as I'm close to Columbus and a huge Gagne fan. Was nice to see the Kings snap out of their recent slump. Hopefully it's a permanent snap as well.

Also, I took like.....250 pictures of this game. Hopefully I can put some of them up for you guys to see as well. Got a lot of funny stuff from the Kings players.

Best part of the night was when, early in the game, a Jacket was slammed into the Kings bench (couldn't see who exactly). Stoll shoved him out a bit and said, "This isn't your bench, you ****face. You ****head." Died laughing.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Fripp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Some of us were beaten down hard enough to not watch the game. Going to take a tepid wait and see approach over the next five or so games and not dive in head first. Don't know what's going to happen here.
I really haven't cared enough to even remember that the last 7-8 games were going on. The team is just so boring.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
I really haven't cared enough to even remember that the last 7-8 games were going on. The team is just so boring.
Who has fun when losing?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Who has fun when losing?
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". Vince Lombardi

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
I think it's that , plus the fact that it seems like the team has stalled long-term. It's hard to get excited about a win when it doesn't feel like either the players on the team are growing or that the team has realistic chances to win the division or win in the playoffs. When the team is treading water at best, like it has been the last few weeks if not the whole year, you just don't feel as invested.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
Got to go to this one, as I'm close to Columbus and a huge Gagne fan. Was nice to see the Kings snap out of their recent slump. Hopefully it's a permanent snap as well.

Also, I took like.....250 pictures of this game. Hopefully I can put some of them up for you guys to see as well. Got a lot of funny stuff from the Kings players.

Best part of the night was when, early in the game, a Jacket was slammed into the Kings bench (couldn't see who exactly). Stoll shoved him out a bit and said, "This isn't your bench, you ****face. You ****head." Died laughing.
Haha, awesome. Glad to see Stoll has some spunk.

Would love to see those pictures as well!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote