HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 2011-12 Rumor , Speculation , Trade Proposal , etc thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Kruger tries to do it all the time. He just gets shoved over by an opponent using only one arm and goes to the ice when he does. Kid needs to eat his Wheaties before next season and hit the weight room.
So inaccurate.

Old
02-07-2012, 11:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Really? Kruger would get run over by Marchand.
And Marchand would get run over by Brouwer.

Brouwer > Marchand.. Amirite?

Old
02-08-2012, 12:03 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Marcus Kruger.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Your love for Kruger is psychotic.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
And Marchand would get run over by Brouwer.

Brouwer > Marchand.. Amirite?
Marchand would get run over by Brouwer?
That's a laugh. Brouwer didn't even hurt a fly when he hit. He hurt himself before he hurt anybody else.

Also, Marchand running over Kruger doesn't make him a better player, (and wasn't at all what I was getting at)
Marchand being a better player in every aspect of the game makes Marchand a better player than Kruger.

I would trade 10 Krugers for 1 Marchand. He is exactly the type of player we need. (go to the net , fight in the corners and win the battle, offensively skilled, good defense, and laying decent hits) Kruger does exactly 2 of those things (go to the net and good defense)

Old
02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Hawkaholic is right. It's why some of us here advocated offersheeting Marchand. Guys like that help you win even if they would lose a popularity contest.

Old
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
The players I mentioned to trade aren't that much better than the big forwards I listed. Not only that, the better players get you better players now.

Why hold onto Pirri if we can use him as bait for a Top 6 player?
He and Kruger do not need to both be here. One of them should go in a trade, preferably Pirri to upgrade our team this year.
Kruger, Pirri, and Smith are all loads better than Paradis, Flick, and Kevin Hayes. Until Beach can prove more in pro leagues than a hot start this year, they're all better than him too. Kruger and Pirri are better than Jimmy Hayes, and Smith, for the moment, is on par with Jimmy. None of them are better than McNeill.

Pirri is doing something in the AHL that you usually see out of guys at least five years older than he is. That's why you hold onto him, because he has a good chance of translating that to the NHL, and he has plenty of time to do it in.

Even with that, he's still only really done anything in the AHL, meaning he's still not worth all that much. We could maybe get a 2nd round pick for him, or at best, a 4th line player. Why should we give him up for either of those minor pieces when he still has a good chance of developing into an offensively-gifted center in the NHL?

Old
02-08-2012, 12:59 PM
coldsteelonice84

Read Rogers blog for a laugh, got a big one. This guy asks about trading for Nabokov.

Quote:

Hey Jesse! I think the Hawks should go get Nabokov from the NYI and drop Emery. Whats would it take to get him and do think hes on the Hawks radar?

Jesse Rogers (1:15 PM)

Nah. He hasnt proven much of anything in his playoff career. Im not a fan. Just a lateral move in my opinion.. of course I could be wrong
Espn needs to hire my dog to be its insider if they want better insight on the Hawks and the sport of hockey.

Old
02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I agree with Rodgers. Nabby was always a RS guy, POs he was a choker

Old
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Even if you believe that, his mediocre PO numbers are still better than anything we have regular season or playoffs. It's not a lateral move, it's a move up.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Ya, because he got so much support from his teammates to help him win games.

You can only win so many 1-0, 2-1 games before you start to lose them.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Kruger, Pirri, and Smith are all loads better than Paradis, Flick, and Kevin Hayes. Until Beach can prove more in pro leagues than a hot start this year, they're all better than him too. Kruger and Pirri are better than Jimmy Hayes, and Smith, for the moment, is on par with Jimmy. None of them are better than McNeill.

Pirri is doing something in the AHL that you usually see out of guys at least five years older than he is. That's why you hold onto him, because he has a good chance of translating that to the NHL, and he has plenty of time to do it in.

Even with that, he's still only really done anything in the AHL, meaning he's still not worth all that much. We could maybe get a 2nd round pick for him, or at best, a 4th line player. Why should we give him up for either of those minor pieces when he still has a good chance of developing into an offensively-gifted center in the NHL?
Who cares if Pirri does translate? We don't need palyers like him in Chicago. We need guys who will win battles in the corner and do the dirty work. Kruger, Pirri, Smith, don't fit that bill at all.

I'm not saying trade these guys for picks, I'm saying trade them for something that will help now and develop the bigger boys to compliment our core and hope they pan out. All the guys I listed to keep have just as good of a chance to pan out as the list of tradable players including Pirri and Kruger.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Nabby is not a savior, that's all.

Quote:
Kypreos thinks Ryan Miller will be traded to Chicago, and that Corey Crawford alone gets the deal done. It makes sense to me.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Recoil

Quote:
So inaccurate.
Dude, I've SEEN it happen. On the boards he gets tossed to the ice with a shove. It isn't an "every time" thing, but it has happened on several occasions that I can vividly remember. It's accurate. Sorry.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:38 PM
coldsteelonice84

I'm open to the idea of Miller if the return is somewhat cheap considering his contract. Something like Crawford and Pirri, even maybe adding a 2nd on top of that. That I can be comfortable with for sure.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
So inaccurate.
Gotta go with Recoil on this one. Kruger knows what to do and how to do it but he is way too weak physically to overpower people. He needs to go on a serious weight program in the offseason.

Old
02-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm open to the idea of Miller if the return is somewhat cheap considering his contract. Something like Crawford and Pirri, even maybe adding a 2nd on top of that. That I can be comfortable with for sure.
I'd do it and I'd like it

Old
02-08-2012, 04:26 PM
DontToewzMeBro

2nd,Frolik,Craw For
Miller,

Bolland,Morin 1st for Grabovski,Schenn

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Grabo-Hossa
Brunette-Morrison-Ruutu
Hayes-Mayers-Shaw

Keith-Seabrook
Leddy-Hammer
Schenn-Monty

Miller
Emery

Old
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Is Tim Sassone a legit source? I see he is saying that you guys are closing in on Sutton, which isn't a shock because I've heard this for weeks now.

Also to note Sutton is sitting tonight against the Wings.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Nabby is not a savior, that's all.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Piffle

Quote:
Who cares if Pirri does translate? We don't need palyers like him in Chicago. We need guys who will win battles in the corner and do the dirty work. Kruger, Pirri, Smith, don't fit that bill at all.

I'm not saying trade these guys for picks, I'm saying trade them for something that will help now and develop the bigger boys to compliment our core and hope they pan out. All the guys I listed to keep have just as good of a chance to pan out as the list of tradable players including Pirri and Kruger.
I am really high on Pirri. I think he will be a very good NHL second line center offensively. Jury is still out defensively. I think it would be a mistake to trade him. We wouldn't get back what he's worth. I would rather trade McNeill, who has a higher trade value but I don't see as much potential there, even though his body is "NHL ready". Just because he is big doesn't mean he is willing or able to win board battles at the NHL level. That is a coaching/training issue to some extent, and for the other part Pirri has better hands than McNeill so he has the advantage there.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
I am really high on Pirri. I think he will be a very good NHL second line center offensively. Jury is still out defensively. I think it would be a mistake to trade him. We wouldn't get back what he's worth. I would rather trade McNeill, who has a higher trade value but I don't see as much potential there, even though his body is "NHL ready". Just because he is big doesn't mean he is willing or able to win board battles at the NHL level. That is a coaching/training issue to some extent, and for the other part Pirri has better hands than McNeill so he has the advantage there.
I have a complete opposite POV.

That's all I will say.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Is Tim Sassone a legit source? I see he is saying that you guys are closing in on Sutton, which isn't a shock because I've heard this for weeks now.

Also to note Sutton is sitting tonight against the Wings.
Sassone is legit. He's been on the Hawks beat for a while... doesn't really post rumors unless he has legitimate reason to post.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:47 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Sassone is legit. He's been on the Hawks beat for a while... doesn't really post rumors unless he has legitimate reason to post.
Thanks. I follow too many people and can't remember why I followed him.

Old
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
cherrypik

I'm guessing Frolik or Bickell for Sutton and a 5th rd pick. Then trade that 5th rd pick to Dallas for Burish.

Old
02-08-2012, 05:05 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
I can Pirri being a second line center, but not on a legit Cup contending team. His defense won't be there IMO.

Disagree with McNeil. Did you see him stick up for his teammate earlier this week and drop the gloves when his teammate took a cheap shot? Thats exactly what this team needs, but from someone who can fill a top 6 role, which I think he will be able to do in 2-3 years.

Closed Thread