HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 4-3

Old
12-16-2011, 12:58 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Did you even watch the game?

Darche was ****ING AWESOME without the puck.
No matter how awesome he was without the puck, Darche was our 3rd most used forward at Even Strength tonight. Granted, this was a very special team oriented game, but still, no reason for him to be the 3rd most used at ES.

Tonight was a bad game from Martin. The 5-3 was a good indicator. DD-Cole-MaxPac has been our hottest line so far, AK has also been one of our best lately, but instead Cammy was placed there. Nothing against Plek, I love the guy, but I would have given the other guys a try.
Also, it seems that every time we score a goal, Martin follows it up with the 4th line. It's past irritation point now.
Louis Leblanc scores a goal, his shift lasted 8 seconds. He puts Eller on, with Nokie and Darche. Why in God's name would you do that?? Put Eller, AK and Louis, give the kid some props after scoring his first NHL goal. He played well, scored a goal, his shift lasted 8 seconds, give him an extra 20. But if you want to take him out because your scared an amped up kid might be prone to a mistake due to the excitement, fine take him out, but give Eller at least AK.

Bad decisions all night long imo.

Last edited by Kriss E: 12-16-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Stradale

Come on Kriss. I was being sarcastic.

Even in a very good game, Darche should not play more than 12 min, let alone having comparable ES minutes with MaxPac, Cole etc..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Come on Kriss. I was being sarcastic.

Even in a very good game, Darche should not play more than 12 min, let alone having comparable ES minutes with MaxPac, Cole etc..
My bad, never know on these boards anymore..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Stradale

Not only JM did not put Leblanc on the next play after his goal, Leblanc only had 2 shifts after that goal. Only one single shift in the third period. Poor kid, he's probably wondering what did he do to deserve that. It almost feels like the coach is punishing him for scoring a goal.

Couturier took 3 penalties but was still used for 16 minutes by Laviolette while LL scores a goal and gets benched for the majority of the rest of the game. Talk about rewarding the kid for his goal. Not only JM benched LL for no reason, he even blames his young players for the loss... AGAIN.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:33 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
5 Wins in 17 home games is simply inexcusable (worst in the league).
On pace for 12 which would be the lowest since the league played 50 games! Also on pace for only 17 regulation losses- far from a franchise worst, even for 80 and 82 GP seasons- and a whopping 12 SO/OT losses at home too, all because of our "keep it close and play not to lose" style of Martin. Nonetheless

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:03 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
On pace for 12 which would be the lowest since the league played 50 games! Also on pace for only 17 regulation losses- far from a franchise worst, even for 80 and 82 GP seasons- and a whopping 12 SO/OT losses at home too, all because of our "keep it close and play not to lose" style of Martin. Nonetheless
But thank god JM speaks french. Amirite?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:05 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Didn't watch this game past the 2-1 goal. Seriously, how is Cole barely touching Bobrovsky goaltender interference but Rinaldo pushing Price from behind not?

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:23 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Habs 4 Flyers 3 Refs 2

Brutal display of reffing...

Good game offensively, scored 4, could have had a couple more if not for Bobrobsky...need to play better defensively...and get officials that actually ahve a ****ing clue.
didn't get a chance to watch the game but just wondering, how can we blame refs for this one? we had 9 PP opportunities, sounds like we blew it.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:32 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
didn't get a chance to watch the game but just wondering, how can we blame refs for this one? we had 9 PP opportunities, sounds like we blew it.
Check the disallowed habs goal in the first and the allowed flyers goal in the second. Benefit of the doubt goes to the flyers.

Also, look at some of the penalties called on the habs(and noncalls on the flyers). Particularly, watch the kaberle penalty in the 1st and then go back a few minutes to see Carle stepping in the way to allow his defensive partner to get the chip and chase, or the flyer with his hand on coles stick in front of the net not only denying a deflection opportunity but following up by trying to get a hooking call on Cole. It wasn't completely decided by the refs but they certainly had large hand in the outcome (one good goal disallowed for the habs, one bad goal allowed by the flyers.)

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:33 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
There is nothing positive to talk about.. This "team" is quite desorganised, this is not a bunch of guys pushing in the same direction, guys arent supporting each others.. Something wrong about the Habs there is no doubt about it.. Something major has to happen cause the way they are playing, they will be out of the playoffs race after the next road trip.. there is no emotion, this team is lifeless, SOFT, Kostitsyn isnt the same player since he joined the first line.. This is really not a good time to be a Habs fan.. I predict a desastrous losing streak and we are only starting to see how bad this season can be..

Good luck for the ones who will keep watching it, personally, I sure will find something better to do... Cammalleri Kaberle Campoli ect ect.. Epic SOFTNESS!!
until our next win, then you will be pumped!

Old
12-16-2011, 04:36 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoobMoob View Post
Check the disallowed habs goal in the first and the allowed flyers goal in the second. Benefit of the doubt goes to the flyers.

Also, look at some of the penalties called on the habs(and noncalls on the flyers). Particularly, watch the kaberle penalty in the 1st and then go back a few minutes to see Carle stepping in the way to allow his defensive partner to get the chip and chase, or the flyer with his hand on coles stick in front of the net not only denying a deflection opportunity but following up by trying to get a hooking call on Cole. It wasn't completely decided by the refs but they certainly had large hand in the outcome (one good goal disallowed for the habs, one bad goal allowed by the flyers.)
I see your point, we do get shafted a lot it seems in those grey areas around the goal keep where the ref can break or change a game with a late whistle or interference call, but 1 for 9 on PP. I mean seriously if the refs were out to get us they would not have given us that many PPs.

Old
12-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I see your point, we do get shafted a lot it seems in those grey areas around the goal keep where the ref can break or change a game with a late whistle or interference call, but 1 for 9 on PP. I mean seriously if the refs were out to get us they would not have given us that many PPs.
I disagree. That's exactly how they would screw us over this year.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Corncob

Hate Martin's comments.

Of course young players make mistakes (though I'm struggling to think of any particularly obvious, apart from Price on the gwg). The Flyers' youngsters made mistakes. That's what young players do.

The game wasn't lost because of youngsters making mistakes, it was lost because of highly paid experienced players just plain not playing well enough.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I'm not a huge coach basher or anything and I'm ALWAYS optimistic when it comes to the Habs, not sure I've ever even complained about Martin on here, but seriously. This is getting ****ing retarded. After last night's game, I really wish Gauthier would man up and get the ****ing guy out of here, but I won't get my hopes up too high. Still, today would be a great time to do it. No more of this ****ing ********.

I truly think this team will have better results with a coach better suited for this team. Even despite horrid coaching on most nights and a ridiculous amount of injuries, the team has remained competitive. One of those two problems can easily be fixed.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Scored 2 PP goals(Plekanec Cole).

The refs called back a goal by Plekanec citing goalie interference where Cole in no way bumped the goalie or prevented his movement(brutal call). then they allowed a phillie goal where one of their players actually was in the crease AND knocked Price off balance leading to a goal and they COUNTED that one(even more brutal call!).

That's a 2 goal swing right there.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:13 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Michel Bergeron makes another good point: shortly after Leblanc's goal, with 21,273 people chanting his name, why not send the kid out on the ice with Pleks and AK (even if it is for 30 seconds)? He was on top of the world, running on adrenaline. Why not use that?
I don't think Martin knows what that means. I actually think he makes his team listen to spa music between periods and writes a playlist of the next beethoven cd he's gonna buy for christmas on his notepad.

Only way to deal with the pressure in mtl anyway

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:15 AM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
man ive never seen a team that can blow a lead so fast

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
With the team the Bob Gainey and Gauther has built and the way JM coaches...we are a .500 hockey team...let's just face facts.

How you can play Cammaleri after his horrendous play and keep Leblanc on the bench.

Break up the Pleky line... they suck
Put AK back with Eller, they have some chemistry.

Put PK on the bench for next game...he us really screwed up, he's lost his swagger confidence and that I put SOME of the blame on Martin.

IF we are lucky..we'll grab the 7-8 spot...win a few games in the playoffs then rinse repeat.

Mr. Molson keeps making money and we are the suckers left to talk about the glory days.
What a stupid ****ing post.

This is a totally idiotic PGT. Martin did not lose this. Refs did not lose this. Price lost this. He keeps letting in back breaking goals.

Now I'm gonna get torched. Who cares? Game after game after game Price is letting in backbreaking tying goals, or goals when we are tied.

I love Price, but I'm getting really pissed off at this.

Talk about refs and Martin all you like. The Habs were ****ing great tonight, coming back when down 3 TIMES. And ****ing Price blew it again.

He is not stealing games, and he's letting in back backbreaking goals all the ****ing time time this year. He's not shutting the door. At all, ever. He's been awful under pressure.

Go ahead, flame away. I've had it. Price is not helping us this year. He's so ****ing inconsistent, it's crazy.

And before you cover me with your hate, I love Price, and I still agree with the Halak trade.

I'm really disappointed in Price this year. Sorry, but there it is.

Oh yeah **** D. That's the excuse. Don't bother.

Sorry, the D has been at fault many times, but Price has blown it at least 5 times this year at crucial times with no fault from the D at all.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Now go ahead and torch me.

He's got to pick it up. This is not all star goal tending guys.

Last edited by bsl: 12-16-2011 at 09:51 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Can anyone here explain to me why Martin has changed the 1st and 3rd lines 5 minutes into each of the last 3 games? He starts AK on the Eller line, LL with Pleks and about 5 minutes in, switches AK and LL round. It confused me the first time he did it but after 3 straight games, I honestly don't see the benefit/strategy of such a move. If anyone can provide some logic for why he might be doing that, I'd be interested to hear it.

On another note, is anyone else concerned by the level of playmaking on our team right now, specifically among the forwards? On the back end, it isn't so much an issue IMO but up front, there aren't a lot of players who can make incisive plays, especially with the current form of certain players. The top line stands out right now as both wingers are having good years and they have a center in DD who is not only aware of his linemates but can get the puck to them, one way or another. None of the other lines really have that feel to them. The Plek line has the odd moment where they find their old form but for the most part, looks like players not comfortable with each other at the moment. And Lars is great at carrying the puck, protecting it and cycling it but doesn't exactly play a fluid give and go game right now, let alone split an opposing defense open with his passing and vision.

Does anyone else see this as an issue right now? Cammy seemed to pick his game up a little when playing with DD but has regressed again now. How big an impact would another talented playmaker make to this team right now (be it at wing or center)? I think it would give the team a huge boost and help give us a 2nd line to provide some steady production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
i would love for a jounalist to ask

why do you blame your young guys and not your vets
Seems to me to be a total contrast to a few years ago when Kovalev was still here. It was either Carbo or Gainey that was asked if playing Pleks as Kovy's center would help get Kovalev going. The person asking the question was told that it wasn't Pleks responsibility to get Kovalev going, more the job of Kovalev as the veteran to get Pleks going. Right now, it seems Martin wants the youngsters to raise their games when there are numerous veteran players who aren't on their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Cammy should play for the womens national team.
I only see womens hockey when the Olympics are on. Based on what I've seen the last two events, Cammy would get outhit and avoid sections of the ice in womens hockey with his form right now. Not sure exactly what issues he is dealing with at the moment, but I hope it can be easily sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Because A.Kost was quite lifeless tonight, deeply sleeping, didnt criticize him so far this year, so playing with Cammy has certainly something to do with this..
AK wasn't as good last night as he has been at times recently but I wouldn't say he was deeply sleeping or lifeless after that performance.

I think AKs role on the different lines is an issue here. On the Eller/Moen (or Eller/whoever) line, he doesn't have to play the physical role as much to win the puck on the boards and get the puck out of the Habs zone. With Cammy and Pleks, how often in recent games have you seen AK on the boards in his own zone control the puck, turn and feed it to one of his linemates and they set off up ice with it? This puts AK behind the play as the puck enters the offensive zone and with the playmaking of Cammy and Pleks right now, they tend not to find him. I think the shot AK fanned on last night on the feed from Pleks was the only time he received a pass in a scoring position the entire game.

And it's not like he doesn't get open for passes. He gets open but Pleks either carries it deep and doesn't find him, the pass goes to Cammy or it gets dumped in deep. Once it is dumped in, AK has to assist in digging it out again on that line, which isn't so much an issue with Eller/Moen. The latter can also cycle the puck more effectively and allow AK to be the trigger guy but with Pleks and Cammy, he finds himself playing more of a playmaker/puck retrival role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Haha I remember Claude Julien played Andrei Kostitsyn about 3 minutes in that game against Phoenix where he scored his first career NHL goal.
IIRC, he had more ice time in that game he scored in against the Coyotes. He had 39 seconds of ice time in his first game and 29 seconds in his second game though.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
bsl

And I'll go even further on my Price Rant today. I just watched the highlights again, and Price was ****, absolute **** on 3 of the 4 goals.

Just check the highlights. Flopping early, 5 hole, late to the post . Etc. ****ing awful.

I love Price, but WTF is this ****?

This one is on Price.

This is not a campaign guys. But **** I'm pissed off. As if we don't have enough problems this year. We play a great game. LL scores his first, and Price was ****ing ****.

Except Max, DD and Cole, and the delightful emergence of Emelin and Diaz, nothing, not one other thing, is going right this year.

To top it off with Price being **** all the ****ing time? ****. Enough.

Anybody got an Aspirin?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravehab View Post
man ive never seen a team that can blow a lead so fast
???
We never had the lead

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Price **** the bed last night. It's that simple.
Better to get those performances out of the way in December.

Doesn't matter, the PP is working that's all that matters right? The best PP wins the cup right?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
What a stupid ****ing post.

This is a totally idiotic PGT. Martin did not lose this. Refs did not lose this. Price lost this. He keeps letting in back breaking goals.

Now I'm gonna get torched. Who cares? Game after game after game Price is letting in backbreaking tying goals, or goals when we are tied.

I love Price, but I'm getting really pissed off at this.

Talk about refs and Martin all you like. The Habs were ****ing great tonight, coming back when down 3 TIMES. And ****ing Price blew it again.

He is not stealing games, and he's letting in back backbreaking goals all the ****ing time time this year. He's not shutting the door. At all, ever. He's been awful under pressure.

Go ahead, flame away. I've had it. Price is not helping us this year. He's so ****ing inconsistent, it's crazy.

And before you cover me with your hate, I love Price, and I still agree with the Halak trade.

I'm really disappointed in Price this year. Sorry, but there it is.

Oh yeah **** D. That's the excuse. Don't bother.

Sorry, the D has been at fault many times, but Price has blown it at least 5 times this year at crucial times with no fault from the D at all.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Now go ahead and torch me.

He's got to pick it up. This is not all star goal tending guys.
I think your post is over the top and exagerate, but there is some truth to it. Price makes a lot of nice saves in the games, but I do agree that this year, he shows a tendency of letting bad goals in at bad time. The goal from the blueline yesterday was unacceptable in a close game.

I think people overreact this year because they overestimate the players. Some examples:
  • Price is a top 10-12 goalie in the league, certainly not a top 5.
  • Subban is a good young d-man, with great potential, but nothing more. He's far from a #1 d-man.
  • Eller is a good young player but has a very poor vision and makes poor decision. Unable to make a pass or cycling the puck (I respect your posts and views, Qui Gon Dave, but I think your wrong; Eller always get back too close to the blueline before cycling the puck and it almost always result in a turnover or a givaway).
  • Plekanec is a PK specialist who's a first line center by default. A player every team wants, but not as a first line center.
  • Gorges is nothing more than a #5-6 d-man. If he's more than that on your team, then you're fighthing for a playoffs spot.
  • People like Emelin because he hits hard, but he's avegare at best in his territory.

I could go on. But I'm flamed every time I state these things even if the team's results the past few years seems to indicate that I'm more right than wrong.

Of course it would change when the injured players will come back, maybe enough to make the playoffs, but not much. Markov hasn't played for almost 2 years, Gionta looked over the hill before his injury, White is nothing more than a 4th line player, and Moen can't play better than he had until now. And is it necessary tyo talk about Gomez? Strangely, I think he's maybe the one that could help more. People will hate to admit that, but the guy had 4 pts in 13 games, which is a better pace than Eller.

I really think Gauthier should change the makeup of this team.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
How much longer can we be patient with Martin?

I'm pretty sure he's delusional. He lives in another reality than the one we live in.

Leblanc learned his lesson about entertaining the crowd. Supposed to dump that puck back to Darche so he can score.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Protest the Hero

I realise you're angry LePoche, but I'm going to disagree on Gorges. He's a very good defensive defenseman.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote