Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Ladd

Old
12-15-2011, 11:20 PM
waldohildahl

vCash: 500
Andrew Ladd

Ladd is an O.K hockey player with limited offensive skill yet Noel plays Ladd 20 minutes a game somewhere in his top two lines. Is it me or does everyone else notice that whoever Ladd plays with struggles? First it was wheeler and little who Ladd messed up for the first 16 games or so, then it was wellwood and antropov. Why not move Ladd into a checking role and reduce his ice-time to around 14 mins a game so that he has the energy to start hitiing like he used to in Chicago. He led chicago in hits but this year only two forwards have fewer hits than Ladd....wellwood and stapleton. Ladd 2.0 is a far less effective hockey player than Ladd 1.0. He is messing with our skilled lines, put him here he belongs so that he is able to contribute something to this team. Saturdays lines should be:

kane little wheeler
burmi ants wellwood
gst
ladd stapleton mietinen

fehr looks out of shape: honestly i dont even know if we really have a spot for Ladd when fehr starts playing better.

What does everybody else think?

waldohildahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
BigBuffJets

agree

BigBuffJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Still too early to write off Ladd in the top 6, IMO.

His goals are likely to come in spurts, I could see him popping 10 G in 15 games or something like that, just by being in the right place at the right time around the net. Problem is, when breaks aren't going his way around the net, he just doesn't have the skill and creativity to generate offense outside the slot.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
waldohildahl

really?

I dont care if he gets 30 goals, stop giving away the puck, start hitting, start skating! Ladd is doing awful in every part of the game check his stats, all of them, not just goals and assists.

waldohildahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
thed00d

Ladd has never really been a top 6 player....

I definitely think the team would be much better served having Ladd play a bottom 6 role.

thed00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:49 PM
jimsabo21

Couldn't agree more. If the Winnipeg media could ever get over their man-crush on Ladd, I think the rest of the city would know too ...

The guy is amongst the lowest "Points per Minute" (of forwards that play over 16 mins per night) in the NHL. He gets 20 mins per night, plus ALL THE PLUM powerplay time. He's probably given the puck away more than any other foward this year, yet Burmistrov is the one who gets benched???

Ladd is a GREAT third line NHL'er, but doesn't have the skill to be on the top two lines. I'd rather see Stapleton get more ice time than Ladd because at least Stapleton creates scoring chances.

Ladd gave the puck away which led to Washington's game winning goal late in the 3rd period, but don't expect any media outlet (WFP, Sun, CJOB or TSN1290) to mention that part. Had Byfuglien given the puck away ...

jimsabo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
jimsabo21

Remember, Gary Lawless all told us what a bargain it was for Ladd to sign for "only" $4,000,000 per season ... at this pace, that's about $125,000 per point

jimsabo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thed00d View Post
Ladd has never really been a top 6 player....

I definitely think the team would be much better served having Ladd play a bottom 6 role.
29 goals and 30 assists isn't bottom 6 imo.

This season so far he's obviously performed less than admirably but he's better than what has been shown. Last year he was a guy we could count on, personally I feel with the emergence of Kane-Little-Wheeler that when healthy Ladd could be paired with Antropov and Burmistrov.

Fehr is nowhere near himself and is looking pretty bad just about every shift and Wellwood while a good player has also not brought much lately. Add in a struggling Ladd and it's a recipe for a terrible line like we saw tonight, just my opinion however but I think with the possible return of Antro and Burmi it could jump him back up to the level we know he can play at.

Like I said earlier with Wheeler, he was better than what has been seen and all it took was a little confidence and the right linemates, I thoroughly believe it's the same story with Andrew.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:43 AM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsabo21 View Post
Couldn't agree more. If the Winnipeg media could ever get over their man-crush on Ladd, I think the rest of the city would know too ...

The guy is amongst the lowest "Points per Minute" (of forwards that play over 16 mins per night) in the NHL. He gets 20 mins per night, plus ALL THE PLUM powerplay time. He's probably given the puck away more than any other foward this year, yet Burmistrov is the one who gets benched???

Ladd is a GREAT third line NHL'er, but doesn't have the skill to be on the top two lines. I'd rather see Stapleton get more ice time than Ladd because at least Stapleton creates scoring chances.

Ladd gave the puck away which led to Washington's game winning goal late in the 3rd period, but don't expect any media outlet (WFP, Sun, CJOB or TSN1290) to mention that part. Had Byfuglien given the puck away ...
Oh my god, didn't think I would ever see that.

Just wait. Little was the worst player ever and then it was Wheeler, and look at them now. Remember when everyone was saying this?: "When is Kane going to do something? He'll never be a top-line player." Be patient, some guys go through rough patches.

Last edited by atl thrasher344: 12-16-2011 at 01:53 AM.
atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:09 AM
PostmanPat1919

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post

Just wait. Little was the worst player ever and then it was Wheeler, and look at them now. Remember when everyone was saying this?: "When is Kane going to do something? He'll never be a top-line player." Be patient, some guys go through rough patches.
Why be patient when we can write angry/frustrated posts on a board instead?

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:19 AM
HPsauce

I thought Wellwoods line was pretty good tonight.

Ladd is one of out top players. Relax.

He's in a funk right now.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:09 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Why be patient when we can write angry/frustrated posts on a board instead?
This.

Ladd was potting goals at a pretty good pace, before a string of injuries on other lines started cropping up. I'm sure he'll sort it out - more than the scoring, just has to get back to basics, stop the turn-overs, etc. The scoring should come - he's proven he can do it in the past.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsabo21 View Post
Remember, Gary Lawless all told us what a bargain it was for Ladd to sign for "only" $4,000,000 per season ... at this pace, that's about $125,000 per point
Gary Lawless has very, very few truly inspiring moments. From the team being an 'F', etc, etc. This guy is truly clueless. You should hear him talk about concussions. (BTW I realize you're being sarcastic. But quoting Lawless is like quoting Sponge Bob Square Pants. These guys aren't exactly Nostradamus.)

I REALLLY hate to join the Ladd bashing. Well it's not bashing, but let's say Ladd negativity.

This is the guy that was very positive at the beginning of the year. He came up here first. I think he was critical in getting the team to buy into "Winnipeg" on a player level.

He has been great in the community.

He has been the face of the Winnipeg Jets 2.0 since he got here. Posters, promo's, charity, etc.

This is a REALLY hard person to be negative on.

All that being said, I have to agree almost anyone that gets paired up with him seems to disappear into oblivion. It's 'ok' to not score, but when you stop doing those 'other' things well, then people really start to notice.

I agree his puck handling has been horrid. He's stopped crashing the net, stopped grinding in the offensive zone.

I know a lot of people are hot on Fehr but the only thing he's accomplished since coming back is a lot of penalty time. He looks NO WHERE near ready for the NHL.

Maybe in a few weeks?

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:24 AM
WaveRaven

vCash: 82
Well in fairness we have no #1 line players as of this moment .... Ladd is a second liner at best on a good team.

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
Well in fairness we have no #1 line players as of this moment .... Ladd is a second liner at best on a good team.
This is true. We don't have any #1 line players.

Kane and Little are developing into #1 line guys but they are not exactly there yet.

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
No Name Poster
Maurice Navidad

Quote:

Thank you. The guy saying that we may not have a place for Ladd when Fehr gets healthy... seriously?

Ladd has certainly struggled, but so have a lot of players on this team. We were all calling for Buff's head early on too.

Come on guys, Ladd's our captain and a hell of a character guy. He's struggling but let's support him rather then throw him overboard

No Name Poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:12 AM
SonicBoom

Ladd will be fine and is definitely a top 6 player on this team.

SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Frustrated

Time To Trade Ladd

All the hype this past summer pointing towards Ladd as a superstar is slowely deflating. When will he lose the "C" He is a 1 in five game goal scorer. True North is not getting any value for his huge contract. Time to trade him. Last game just confirmed that his sloppy play over the last 10 games has hurt the team. Noel said in the postgame interview that it wasn't the turnover that lost the game. Excuse me??? Was he watching the same game? Had Ladd no turned it over maybe we would of escaped with at least 1 point. Ladd did lose it in the end. He cost Winnipeg at least 1 point. His play is boring, no spark to it, Noel needs to sit him out as a healthy scratch, have Antropov play his spot if healthy and move on...

Frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Klaus
Teemu!

Yeah, trade away our freshly-resigned Captain less than halfway through the season because of a slump. Good one. That'll really send a great message to players on our team and around the league.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
I am confused were was it said Ladd was a superstar?

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:

Agree 100% - patience. For a spell there, Ladd WAS playing really well, and potting goals. It'll happen again, I'm sure of it. I'm positive that he's frustrated with his play as well.

This seems appropriate.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I am confused were was it said Ladd was a superstar?
That would fall into the category of unrealistic expectations which would lead one to a dramatic state of disappointment and frustration.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I am confused where was it said Ladd was a superstar?
This. I smell the smell of rewritten history. Is anyone implying there was consensus that Ladd was going to be a superstar?

fatschoonerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 232
Wow. Some people on these boards base the entirety of their views on a player on the last game they played. Wheeler sucks trade him. Little sucks bench him. Little is the man put him on the top line!!!! Ladd is a great cpatian with that clutch game winner!!! Wheeler is the best player on the Jets!!!! Ladd sucks, put him on the fourth line.

Give me a break. Ladd is not a 4th line player. On this Jets team he most definetely is a top 6 forward. On a team with a more stacked front end he'd be a 3rd liner.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

I'd take it one step further.

Kane is not ever going to evolve into a superstar, so we might aswell trade him while he has some value.

Little is weak on the puck, the only good thing he does really is win faceoffs, and he's not in the top of the league in that category either. Ship him in a package with that scrub Wheeler for some low draft picks.

Buff is never going to learn to play D, Bogosian is never going to reach his potential, Enström, Hainsey and Jones is obviously injury prone, Oduya sucks, Stuart has scored more goals on his own net than the oppositions and Flood, Kulda, Postma and Festerling is career AHLers. Trade em all.

Antropov is a slow floater, Burmistrov has no hockey sense, Wellwood is fat, Fehr just sucks, I haven't noticed Miettinen at all this whole season, GST is probably something bad, Jaffray sucks (really, he does), Klingberg is a bust (also, he's from Göteborg, nothing good has ever come from that hell hole.) and Timmy 'The Stapler' Scrubberton is a scrub. Scheifele is obviously a bust too. Sell them for pucks.

Pavs is never going to be as good as Eddie Läck, he's inconsistent, his glove hand sucks, he leaves rebounds and is out of shape. Mason is even worse. Let them go with Antropov to Kazakhstan and take up goatlending.

Most of these statements have actually been put on the boards. Chillax guys! Sure, we will probably end up last in the league, but we'll get Nail! Unfortunatly, with our subpar scouting, useless GM and idiotic coach, he will probably suck.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote