Andrew Ladd

Old
12-16-2011, 01:33 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Sure, there are a couple of people here calling for drastic measures, but seriously, most people are bringing up legitimate concerns about our 4.5/MM a year captain nearly halfway through the season.
Many of these people forget that as recently as around a month ago Ladd had a stretch of 8 games with points in 7 of them and 9 points during that span. At that point, he had 13 points in 21 games. These legitimate concerns come during his worst point of the season so far. Let's give him a couple more games to get out of it and I bet we'll see a similar point streak soon.

And to everyone wanting him to be put on the third or fourth line, do you really want a $4.5 million checking line guy?

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Ladd has done one thing right.

Landing a hottie like Brandy! YOWZA!

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY!!
This to me is a classic over-reaction, has he been great this year? No.
But he's still a top 6 forward on this team as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention it's not as though we've had the most consistent group of forwards this year, I guess it was Ladd's time for an overreaction thread.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
Ladd has done one thing right.

Landing a hottie like Brandy! YOWZA!

/thread

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....4wAomXXbMi8%3D

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
WaveRaven

vCash: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY!!
This to me is a classic over-reaction, has he been great this year? No.
But he's still a top 6 forward on this team as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention it's not as though we've had the most consistent group of forwards this year, I guess it was Ladd's time for an overreaction thread.
I agree on a 11th place team he is a legitmate top 6.

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
Ladd has two Stanley cups & his experience & leadership is a huge asset to the team.
He has had some amazing tip in goals this year.

The superstar of today & the future for the Jets is always going to be Evander Kane.
I love the argument that "he has two Stanley Cup rings". He wasn't a leader on either of those teams nor was he a key player. This is one of the most overrated intangibles regarding Ladd. I think he needs to see some time on the 3rd line with Burmi being promoted to the Antro/Wellwood line.

Last edited by km204: 12-16-2011 at 04:15 PM.
km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:21 PM
thed00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post
I love the argument that "he has two Stanley Cup rings". He wasn't a leader on either of those teams nor was he a key player. This is one of the most overrated intangibles regarding Ladd. I think he needs to see some time on the 3rd line with Burmi being promoted to the Antro/Wellwood line.
x2 for truth.

thed00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Warhead77
Jets4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

Warhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Samcanadian

If you would've told me two years ago that we'd have our very own NHL Captain to criticize, I would've shaken my head, popped a lozenge in my mouth and walked away laughing.

Isn't this GREAT!?!?!?!?!

Samcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:06 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Amen, When Ladd was playing with Antro and Wellwood they just didn't click, but Burmi did most of his scoring when playing with Antro and Welwood.

1st Line Kane-Little-Wheeler

2nd Line Burmi-Antro-Wellwood

3rd Line Ladd-Slater-Fehr

4th Line *Glass-MIETTINEN -Thorburn *The GMT line.

"Andrew Ladd, bringing out the worst in team-mates any line he is on"

Last edited by sipowicz: 12-16-2011 at 05:28 PM.
sipowicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Miettinen is a winger unless I am mistaken.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Amen, When Ladd was playing with Antro and Wellwood they just didn't click, but Burmi did most of his scoring when playing with Antro and Welwood.

I really like your first two lines. I'm not sure about Fehr on the third... yet. He seems far away from game shape. Miettinen from all the conversation is supposed to be more of a third liner, isn't he?

The Ladd comment is sure to get you some rotten tomatoes.

I've been accused of being a Burmistrov fanboy but I think the Ladd Protection Dept is going to be hunting you down Sipowicz.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
waldohildahl

Quote:

First two lines are bang on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom six can be switched around. I like stapleton as of late, the gst line has been great, kinda no spot for Ladd.

I would also like to remind those of you that argue "ladd has two rings", he led the hurricanes and hawks in hits when he won those cups, now only wellwood and stapleton have fewer hits. Ladd had almost 50 pts with chicago in a third line role averaging 14 mins a game and hitting everything in sight. Now he is going to get fewer points and fewer hits and way more turnovers. He is too tired to hit or play hard. DECREASE HIS MINUTES AND GET HIM OFF THE TOP TWO LINES AND HE WILL BE GREAT FOR THIS TEAM. nOT HIS FAULT, NOEL IS TO BLAME.

waldohildahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Yeah, and Kris King scored 9 goals in 81 games as a Jet and everyone loved him. Why? Because they didn't think that, armed with the internet, they knew how to run the team better. A captian is a captian, and the coach and GM select that for a reason. Chevy has worked with Ladd, you don't trust his acumen?

Jets 2.0, fans 2.0. Good grief.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

The expectations of Ladd seem a little unrealistic sometimes, including those put on him by Noel playing him on the top line. He's never had soft hands or the vision of a playmaker, he's a gritty checking forward who has a good wrist shot. Demoting him to the third line could help him get things back on track by forcing him to play a simpler game again. He seems to be trying to do too much and IMO he needs to try to play more like Glass for awhile - crash and bang, have fun and stop gripping the stick so tight. I disagree with those who say he looks tired, I think he just looks nervous.

In the long run I think he could be on the second line and put up 50 points fairly consistently. I also think he'll be a good captain.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

The Ladd hype here in Winnipeg pisses me off, they treat him like hes Sidney Crosby, he is already the best seller for Jerseys right now, and just cause hes captain. But his value sure has gone up since he was playing for the Jets, But I hope we trade him between now and 3 years, he has higher value. But they treat him like a first line player, hes the perfect 2nd/3rd liner, I think they should keep him there, Also I HIGHLY think that Slater should be captain just cause I think hes a good leader.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 07:53 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
The Ladd hype here in Winnipeg pisses me off, they treat him like hes Sidney Crosby, he is already the best seller for Jerseys right now, and just cause hes captain. But his value sure has gone up since he was playing for the Jets, But I hope we trade him between now and 3 years, he has higher value. But they treat him like a first line player, hes the perfect 2nd/3rd liner, I think they should keep him there, Also I HIGHLY think that Slater should be captain just cause I think hes a good leader.
It's not our place to say who should and shouldn't be captain. Truthfully, we have no idea how they interact behind close doors and who's a leader and who isn't. I have no problem with ladd being captain, seems like a good leader to me.

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:02 PM
km204

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Yeah, and Kris King scored 9 goals in 81 games as a Jet and everyone loved him. Why? Because they didn't think that, armed with the internet, they knew how to run the team better. A captian is a captian, and the coach and GM select that for a reason. Chevy has worked with Ladd, you don't trust his acumen?

Jets 2.0, fans 2.0. Good grief.
Where in my post did I say Ladd shouldn't be the captain?

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I don't see how he's being treated like a first liner. Atleast lately (around the same time as everyone started whining about him) he's been a second liner. Surely you all agree that our first line is Kane-Little-Wheeler.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Aerial

From everything I've seen and heard, Ladd is a fine choice for captain. His play is rough lately, but he'll get it sorted out.

We have a lot of great locker-room guys, but there's several facets to the role and Ladd is solid on them. For instance, Ladd seems more comfortable facing the media than some of the other guys. It's a lot of pressure to be the "face of the team" all the time, and I get the impression that some of the other guys (i.e. Slater) are quite happy being more low-key in that regard.

I don't think that anyone treats him like Crosby -- I haven't seen anything near that level of expectation or adulation. One of the reasons he's the top jersey is because he's one of the guys most reliably likely to be with the team for the next number of seasons.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
I don't see how he's being treated like a first liner. Atleast lately (around the same time as everyone started whining about him) he's been a second liner. Surely you all agree that our first line is Kane-Little-Wheeler.
Oh yeah totally

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
sipowicz
The Original

An excerpt from today's Winnipeg Sun on Ladd:

Jets captain Andrew Ladd doesn’t seem to be playing with the same amount of confidence he had earlier on this season. He’s turning the puck over with regularity and seems to be out of sorts.

sipowicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Prot

I may have come off negative in my post, but the reality is I'm pulling for him.

He seems like a very stand up guy, and I bet he's as hard on his own play than anyone else criticizing him would be.

I hope he finds his stride.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Becel
I Hate Jamie Macoun

Quote:
An excerpt from today's Winnipeg Sun on Ladd:

Jets captain Andrew Ladd doesn’t seem to be playing with the same amount of confidence he had earlier on this season. He’s turning the puck over with regularity and seems to be out of sorts.
It's about time someone else has noticed this. This has been driving me insane for the past month now. He never gets it out of the zone at his own blue. Every time he gets it there I cringe knowing that a giveaway is likely about to happen.

Becel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Another issue he has is he always keeps his stick up. Whenever he gets passes he's always "surprised". Happened last game when Wellwood gave him a pass in the offensive zone.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote