HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 31: Canucks 3 - Hurricanes 4

Old
12-15-2011, 11:20 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Game 31: Canucks 3 - Hurricanes 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Game highlights.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:24 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

thepuckmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Hey Yogi Canucks, you are assuming that I am making this assertion after 1 game. No, this has gone on for a while. It's just not the same team - so people have to stop holding it to a past standard.

Realize that this team needs work defensively. Last year, they were stifling. This year, they want to run and gun. No one wants to put in the work. It's plain to see. A big part of this, I put on the coach. But what's he going to do? At some point the message will get old.

Whatever the leadership group is saying to the other players, it isn't working. The effort is hit or miss. Period to period, and game to game, you just don't know what you're gonna get. That's the mark of a roster that has no strict accountability among it's teammates.

Bleach Clean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hey Yogi Canucks, you are assuming that I am making this assertion after 1 game. No, this has gone on for a while. It's just not the same team - so people have to stop holding it to a past standard.

Realize that this team needs work defensively. Last year, they were stifling. This year, they want to run and gun. No one wants to put in the work. It's plain to see. A big part of this, I put on the coach. But what's he going to do? At some point the message will get old.

Whatever the leadership group is saying to the other players, it isn't working. The effort is hit or miss. Period to period, and game to game, you just don't know what you're gonna get. That's the mark of a roster that has no strict accountability among it's teammates.
I'll say your assessment of this years team isn't too far off but WAY too much rosiness with last years team. They were really good but they were far worse than perfect.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:46 PM
ProstheticConscience
Supertank 15/16

MAN this team pisses me the **** off sometimes.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

Hank was good even without his bro. Raymond was flying. Burr was in BeastBurr mode. CoHo still finds ways to create scoring chances. Higgins was busting his hump.

Entire blueline sucked.

Schneider was amazing.

I want to buy ten thousand rubber bands, string them together and create a giant slingshot using the goalpost at BC Place, then open the roof and send Ballard and his contract flying to Bellingham.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

What happened to Daniel?

Edit: as for ballard, I thoUght he had a good game. It was a good save by Ward.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:57 PM
timorousme
luongod

whats the deal with daniel?

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Awful reffing is awful.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Johnny Canucker

Pissed away 3 points in the last 2 games. We will dwell around 6th to 10th place in the west it appears when its all said and done. This team is a fraction of what it was last year.

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:00 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Canucker View Post
Pissed away 3 points in the last 2 games. We will dwell around 6th to 10th place in the west it appears when its all said and done. This team is a fraction of what it was last year.
That's a pretty big slippery slope fallacy you got goin' there.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Johnny Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Awful reffing is awful.
Please no more with the reffing. We need to be able to win games without always scoring pp goals.

Johnny Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

I'm gonna go ahead and focus on the positive...

Congrats to Henrik Sedin for becoming only the third Canuck ever to break the 700-point barrier.

Bad reffing, inconsistent effort, etc...plenty of time to rebound from it. On to the next game against Toronto.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:

Care to make a wager? The Canucks will win the Northwest walking away.

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
thenextone

Quote:
Please no more with the reffing. We need to be able to win games without always scoring pp goals.
Some of the weak Carolina PPs, especially that double PP turned the game.

thenextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:15 AM
campbell_soup

Johnny Canucker predicted the Canucks wouldn't make the playoffs last year so...

campbell_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Canucksxo

I'm looking forward to the next game and how the Canucks will play. If I don't see them working their butts off from losing to the 29th & 30th place team in the league then I will probably be disappointed. Bieksa, Hodgson & Malhotra will probably have some family at the game because their from Ontario so I think they will be working hard to win the game. Hopefully the rest of the team has a good game too and gets a win.

Do you think D.Sedin will be in the line up on Saturday?

Canucksxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:17 AM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Fun Fact:

As of Dec 15th 2010 of last year the Canucks were 17-8-4 with 29 games played. A total of 38 pts.

We're at 31 games and 18-11-2. 38 points.

Let's not get carried away with thinking this team isn't going to get it done. Factor in our atrociously slow start and I think we're right on track.

Old
12-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post

Care to make a wager? The Canucks will win the Northwest walking away.
Great, then what? Hope the defense gets tighter, hope were tough enough to clear the crease and hope the refs call the game "they way they're supposed to"?

Hal 9000* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Canucksxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Fun Fact:

As of Dec 15th 2010 of last year the Canucks were 17-8-4 with 29 games played. A total of 38 pts.

Let's not get carried away with thinking this team isn't going to get it done. Factor in our atrociously slow start and I think we're right on track.
I agree.
Some fans have a lot of high expectations because of what this team accomplished last season. It's going to be tough to repeat the season we had last year. I'm happy with this team making it into the play offs as one of the top Western teams. I don't care if they aren't' the number one team in the league this season. All that does is make everyone have really high expectations from your team. They don't have to be #1. What they have to do is work really hard in the play offs, which is where it truly matters.

Last edited by Canucksxo: 12-16-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Canucksxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:31 AM
David71

when bieska scored. he went into "rage mode" and wanted to fight chad larose. but higgins+others stopped him. that was pretty funny. off to the leafs. watch hnic crew dissect/critizce the canucks on sat. after the intermissions. don cherry will probably be the only one defending the team.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
We're definitely missing a few key ingredients from last year. One of the things that worked so well was that everyone pretty much had a designated role and excelled at it. Top six was working the PP like gangbusters and scoring, and we had the third unit anchored by Torres/Malhotra/Hansen providing physicality, a heavy forecheck and eating some heavy defensive minutes. It actually started to click a bit better when we had the Am/Ex line together a couple weeks ago and they started establishing those heavy forecheck minutes.

Similarly, on the blue line Ehrhoff/Edler were the designated offensive defensemen who worked the PP units, Hamhuis/Bieksa handled PK and shut-down assignments. Bottom pairing hoovered up whatever was left over.

Nobody played too many minutes, or in too many situations, and everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to be doing.

Now it just seems to be chaos on these bad nights...blown assignments, poor gap control, bad breakouts, etc. I think it just comes from forcing guys out of their comfort zones.

Fictional Realism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
when bieska scored. he went into "rage mode" and wanted to fight chad larose. but higgins+others stopped him. that was pretty funny. off to the leafs. watch hnic crew dissect/critizce the canucks on sat. after the intermissions. don cherry will probably be the only one defending the team.
If Glenn Healy gets to chime in that game, it's going to be an interesting one.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Intoewsables
MEAT AND TATERS

I'm actually laughing at some of the reactions around here. The expectations are so ridiculously high that the team isn't even allowed to lose anymore?

Not 82-0? Trade Luongo for toughnesszzzz.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:44 AM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF94 View Post
I'm actually laughing at some of the reactions around here. The expectations are so ridiculously high that the team isn't even allowed to lose anymore?

Not 82-0? Trade Luongo for toughnesszzzz.
You took the words out of my mouth. What exactly is expected of this team? An 82-0 record with 1000 goals scored and 0 goals against?

Even though Columbus and Carolina are near the bottom of the standings, they are still have good players who can score, hit or make a save. These games aren't the epitome of David vs Goliath....the Canucks aren't going to win every single game, no matter who the opponent is.

People need to calm down - we will make the playoffs and that's where it really matters.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Zombotron
Wrong Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Fun Fact:

Get your logic out of my whine-thread!

Zombotron is online now   Reply With Quote