HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Playoffs - Barrie vs. Ottawa

View Poll Results: Who Will Win This Series?
Barrie In 4-5 Games 0 0%
Ottawa In 4-5 Games 2 13.33%
Barrie In 6-7 Games 7 46.67%
Ottawa In 6-7 Games 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Lessy

vCash: 500
OHL Playoffs - Barrie vs. Ottawa

Who will win this series and in how many games?

Old
03-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Hossa

Maybe I'm biased, although I'm not even close to a die-hard 67's fan at all, but I voted for Ottawa to take it. The 67's have been playing very strong hockey of late. Up front they are probably the best in the conference, with a very good mix of offensive stars. They have seven bona fide junior scorers, with Lukas Kaspar as their seventh highest scoring. In goal, they're fine. Their defence is their problem though.

That being said, the Colts are quite good up front as well, but their defence is a bit lacking, after Hotham and Bolf that is. The difference in my mind is probably going to be in goal. Lacosta seems inconsistent, and is prone to bad games. But he's no more proven in the playoffs than Battochio.

I think they're two very evenly matched teams. Could go either way.

Old
03-23-2005, 06:07 AM
GlueleG

Ottawa in 5.

Old
03-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Lessy

I think this series can go either way, but I'm thinking that Ottawa is going to take it in 7. The Colts don't have one ridiculous strength, even though both teams are entering the series as two of the hottest teams in the OHL. The 67's came almost out of nowhere to challenge for home ice advantage and the Colts have done extremely well down the stretch as well. Both teams have good depth at forward and decent defenses, however goaltending may be the difference. Lacosta/Thuot is not a great tandem but that said, either Battochio. I'm thinking that whatever goalie gets hot in this series, that team will turn out as the winner.

Old
03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_11
I think this series can go either way, but I'm thinking that Ottawa is going to take it in 7. The Colts don't have one ridiculous strength, even though both teams are entering the series as two of the hottest teams in the OHL. The 67's came almost out of nowhere to challenge for home ice advantage and the Colts have done extremely well down the stretch as well. Both teams have good depth at forward and decent defenses, however goaltending may be the difference. Lacosta/Thuot is not a great tandem but that said, either Battochio. I'm thinking that whatever goalie gets hot in this series, that team will turn out as the winner.
I must say with reference to Battochio, as much as I was quite worried about goaltending for the 67's heading into the season, Battochio (and to a lesser extent Guadagnolo) has exceeded my expectations. He's been remarkably consistent, and is twice the goalie Lukas Mensator ever was. That being said, completely agree it could go either way.

Old
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Colts in 6

Old
03-23-2005, 03:43 PM
yintin

67's in 6

Old
03-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Brock

Colts in 6

Old
03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
West19

Barrie in 7

Old
03-23-2005, 09:20 PM
FearTheFlyers

67's in 7.

Barrie are coming in hot and have a potent offence. But I don't think their team is suited for playoff style hockey and don't have the grit to pull it out.

Old
03-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Spitfire11

Don't really know much about either of these teams, but I'll go Barrie in 6.

Old
03-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Hossa

Ottawa's up 2-1 now, after a strange finish to their first home game tonight. They came out flying, scored an early goal, and then kind of sat back. After Barrie scored to even it up, they responded quickly on the PP. But they never showed that spunk again, and were horrible down the stretch in the third period. They blew the lead, and struggled to hold onto that. But with like 20 seconds left, Bickell dove to get it to the point, shot comes through, Lacosta can't hold it, and Mancari scores. The last thing I expected to happen that late in the game though. They were lucky. Barrie's gotta be dissapointed because they had all the momentum, and could have easily won back home ice advantage, which is a huge part of this series.

Old
03-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Defence first

vCash:
I have been to watch 8- 10 games of the colts this year and throughout the year i have nticed that the defence sometimes has a hard time handling the puck. Has anyone else who watch the colts seen this too.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Jargin

Ottawa up 3-1 in the series after tonight after a 6-4 win. The game could have gone either way as the winning goal was scored late in the third period.

Bryan Little left the game injured and it didn't look good. He cut across the ice with his head down and got absolutely hammered by Lukas Kaspar. He was down for a long time and looked very shaky getting off of the ice. Not good news for Barrie obviously as he was easily their best player so far, and had already scored earlier in the game.

And in regards to Battachio, I have been completely surprised by him this season. He has been one of the few consistancies on the 67s and he's been flat out terrific every game I have watched. Tonight wasn't his strongest night by any means though. La Costa has looked shaky so far and I wouldn't be too confident in the Colts' chances unless he really turns it around.

Old
04-01-2005, 11:40 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargin
Ottawa up 3-1 in the series after tonight after a 6-4 win. The game could have gone either way as the winning goal was scored late in the third period.

Bryan Little left the game injured and it didn't look good. He cut across the ice with his head down and got absolutely hammered by Lukas Kaspar. He was down for a long time and looked very shaky getting off of the ice. Not good news for Barrie obviously as he was easily their best player so far, and had already scored earlier in the game.

And in regards to Battachio, I have been completely surprised by him this season. He has been one of the few consistancies on the 67s and he's been flat out terrific every game I have watched. Tonight wasn't his strongest night by any means though. La Costa has looked shaky so far and I wouldn't be too confident in the Colts' chances unless he really turns it around.
Classy chant of "keep your head up" by the 67's fans while Little was lying still on the ice.

Old
04-02-2005, 12:58 AM
msconduct

Send a message via MSN to msconduct
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Classy chant of "keep your head up" by the 67's fans while Little was lying still on the ice.
All 5 of them chanting that...

Clean hit, but its too bad about his injury. He's got a bright future in Barrie.

Old
04-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
I didn't hear that one, but I did hear the select few fans in my section mock Little while he was down. It was a very small minority, and the crowd gave Little a strong reception when he got up, but that minority were still obnoxious enough to soil what was otherwise a great game.

Old
04-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Yes Im Peter Ing

Send a message via MSN to Yes Im Peter Ing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence first
I have been to watch 8- 10 games of the colts this year and throughout the year i have nticed that the defence sometimes has a hard time handling the puck. Has anyone else who watch the colts seen this too.
Both teams were weak on the puck at times this evening. I believe it was Barrie's third goal which came as a result of Ottawa's inability to clear the zone, even after two or three chances. Even in the offensive zone, it seemed like both team's (Ottawa especially) power-play suffered because of an inability to control the puck or receive simple passes.

Then again, at times I thought Barrie were absolutely lethal in the offensive zone tonight. See their first two goals for evidence of that.

On the flip side, one thing I've noticed about Ottawa this year (or at least in the five or so games I've attended) is their unbelievable resilience. I can't recall many instances this year where Ottawa has really let the momentum swing to the other team. It seems whenever they give up a goal they claw it back within two minutes. Hence, they never allow themselves to be put under sustained pressure or to fall into a slump for periods of a game. It's an incredible trait and it saved them again tonight (on two occassions, including the winning goal).

Last edited by Yes Im Peter Ing: 04-02-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old
04-03-2005, 12:21 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

...heading to Barrie to support the home team....Go Ottawa!!!
If Brampton and Ottawa win their respective series' would they face eachother?

Old
04-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Hossa

No surprise (at least to me) that the difference in the series, especially the final game tonight, was goaltending. The good news for the 67's is they can play a lot better than they did in most of this series. Whether they play Sudbury or Brampton, the next series should be very close again.

Too bad for Barrie because they played well in this series. Should have capitalized on their chances in the first period, and not only did Thuot not hold them in it at times the way Battochio did, but he gave up a stinker or two.

Closed Thread