HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson vs. Cowen vs. Rundblad

View Poll Results: Most important to the team in the future?
Karlsson 56 57.73%
Cowen 30 30.93%
Rundblad 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-17-2011, 06:00 PM
  #76
DobHoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Rundblad isn't a bust. But he has sucked this year.
24 games...rookie...yeah....a real bust. For anyone that has NOT watched hockey before.

DobHoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:04 PM
  #77
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Rundblad is getting a bad rap. The kid has shown flashes of simply amazing ability. He is 21 years old and playing his first year in North America.

I just don't know.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:09 PM
  #78
DobHoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
Rundblad is getting a bad rap. The kid has shown flashes of simply amazing ability. He is 21 years old and playing his first year in North America.

I just don't know.
I agree!

No, he is not good right now. But from time to time...kid shows some really good stuff.

Maybe this is Sens new tactic. "If not superstars from the gecko...trade".

DobHoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  #79
Manny*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobHoc View Post
"If not superstars from the gecko...trade".
Oh lawd.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:14 PM
  #80
Smeddy
Intangibles
 
Smeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
I guess Rundblad is a bust now.
Just to clarify, this post was about how other posters have talked about him lately.


I guess it's moot now though.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:18 PM
  #81
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobHoc View Post
I agree!

No, he is not good right now. But from time to time...kid shows some really good stuff.

Maybe this is Sens new tactic. "If not superstars from the gecko...trade".
So we traded a solid prospect from a position of strength for a player with potential at a position of weakness. Obviously Murray doesn't see us stinking up enough to get a game breaking forward this year, so if we get "stuck" having to take someone like Ceci then we get a strong defensive prospect back.

I am a BIG Rundblad supporter and I still expect him to be amazing, but he seems almost like the Kovalev of defencemen. All the skill in the world, great with the puck in close, but its just flashes of brilliance and there doesn't seem to be a drive to improve. I remember in an interview last year his response to being asked about his defensive games was "Heh defence"

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:21 PM
  #82
DobHoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
So we traded a solid prospect from a position of strength for a player with potential at a position of weakness. Obviously Murray doesn't see us stinking up enough to get a game breaking forward this year, so if we get "stuck" having to take someone like Ceci then we get a strong defensive prospect back.

I am a BIG Rundblad supporter and I still expect him to be amazing, but he seems almost like the Kovalev of defencemen. All the skill in the world, great with the puck in close, but its just flashes of brilliance and there doesn't seem to be a drive to improve. I remember in an interview last year his response to being asked about his defensive games was "Heh defence"
24 games. I repeat...24 games. Why are you in a hurry. You are not going to win SC anytime soon. When Alfie quits you will take 3 steps back.

DobHoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 06:59 PM
  #83
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobHoc View Post
24 . I repeat...24 games. Why are you in a hurry. You are not going to win SC anytime soon. When Alfie quits you will take 3 steps back.
I love Rundblad, I'm aware he has to learn the game. I want him in the AHL on OTTAWA. I dislike the trade as well. But I can see the value of it. Ottawa gets a position of weakeness fixed, and lowers a position of strength (a position where the next draft has many strong players).

If Cowen has anything to say about it we will in the SC this year. Won the cup in his first year every year so far

So I will repeat Rundblad is going to be a great player, but this team does not need as big of a rebuild as everyone thought. If we can get a young high potential center we take him. I was hoping for a 2nd for Turris, obviously that wasn't enough to get him so sure give up a great young player to get another. And when Alfie retires then hopefully Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Petersson, Filatov, Turris etc... will be able to aid in carrying the load.

As well keeping Rundblad, Karlsson and Cowen would be expensive and a pipe dream, if you expected to keep all three then you were going to be disappointed eventually. I'd rather lose Rundblad now for something then later for nothing (ala Chara).

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:11 PM
  #84
DobHoc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
If Cowen has anything to say about it we will in the SC this year. Won the cup in his first year every year so far
Yeah. Cowen will probobly win the cup for you

DobHoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.