For once ScubaSteve is right.
As much as i hate to say it i agree

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

vCash: 500
at the deadline would Dallas be interested in Palmieri and a 2nd for Robidas?
Palmieri's a young powerforward with top 6 potential, devils are being careful not to rush him.

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie1987 View Post
Palmieri's a young powerforward with top 6 potential, devils are being careful not to rush him.
That would work out great for us.

12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
I would hope so.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I'd probably take it. I'd really prefer a center but Palmieri works...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM
txomisc

id take it if it were the3 best offer but i dont really have much interest in palmieri to be honest

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I'd probably take it. I'd really prefer a center but Palmieri works...
yea you guys would probably be more interested in Josefson but he's out with a very serious injury, a big set back in his development

MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Stormrider451

I agree.. I dont know why Dallas plays Robidas over Goligoski on the PP. You give up Neal for Goligoski and you put Robidas in front of him on the PP? Goligoski is supposed to be your QB for the future. Gogo had 15pts in 23 games last year with half of those on the PP, hes obviously struggling this year. But I still think you should stick to him on the PP with Souray. Same applies for Daley. If I were the Dallas coach id put Goligoski and Souray for the majority of the PP and then put Robidas and Daley to close it up when Gogo and Souray get tired. I see no need to put Daley or Robidas for half the PP.

Stormrider451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
yea you guys would probably be more interested in Josefson but he's out with a very serious injury, a big set back in his development
Yep, I'd rather much have Josefson and a later pick.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 10:47 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider451 View Post
I agree.. I dont know why Dallas plays Robidas over Goligoski on the PP. You give up Neal for Goligoski and you put Robidas in front of him on the PP? Goligoski is supposed to be your QB for the future. Gogo had 15pts in 23 games last year with half of those on the PP, hes obviously struggling this year. But I still think you should stick to him on the PP with Souray. Same applies for Daley. If I were the Dallas coach id put Goligoski and Souray for the majority of the PP and then put Robidas and Daley to close it up when Gogo and Souray get tired. I see no need to put Daley or Robidas for half the PP.
You won't get much of a fight from us. It's unfortunate "we" don't get to make those decisions.

Old
12-19-2011, 11:13 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

This probably belongs in the PP discussion thread, but the fact Gully put out Souray and Goose on the 5-3 points shows he thinks they're his 2 best PP D-men. And he'd be right. It seems Gulutzan's strategy is to overall spread the offense around, making it harder to tune in and shut down one line/unit.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:01 AM
KiedisA

Hopefully the loss yesterday brought some sense into these views.. Robi brings so much grit into our defence, you can see when he's out of there. He's been here for 9+ years and we need that commitment to get us go forward even now that money is no longer a problem..

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:13 AM
haf

I think Robi's biggest problem is he is slowing down. His wheels used to save him a lot and they don't anymore. The league is faster and he is slower and his gap control is all over the place, particularly on odd man breaks. In the zone he just doesn't have the foot speed to recover like he used to a la daley and his offensive rushes behind the net are past him.

I wish he was a 3-4 instead of a 1-2. I think at 16-18 minutes a game he would be a much more effective player. But i have thought that for years now.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiedisA View Post
Hopefully the loss yesterday brought some sense into these views.. Robi brings so much grit into our defence, you can see when he's out of there. He's been here for 9+ years and we need that commitment to get us go forward even now that money is no longer a problem..
Robi is better than Pardy, that's all I saw last night.

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Brand New Stars

I'm better than Pardy.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
I'm better than Pardy.
I want to dress my dogs out in Stars attire and have them audition for his spot.

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 12:49 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
I think Robi's biggest problem is he is slowing down. His wheels used to save him a lot and they don't anymore. The league is faster and he is slower and his gap control is all over the place, particularly on odd man breaks. In the zone he just doesn't have the foot speed to recover like he used to a la daley and his offensive rushes behind the net are past him.

I wish he was a 3-4 instead of a 1-2. I think at 16-18 minutes a game he would be a much more effective player. But i have thought that for years now.
Definitely a big part of it. in the past he had the wheels help cover for his running around and generally stupid play. Now he cant pull it off and he looks like crap.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
glovesave_35
Name

I know the idea of trading him and what his return would be has varying opinions on this board. I seriously think now is the time to trade him if at all possible. I know scouts and GM's aren't stupid, that they actually sit down and watch potential trade acquisitions play, so they're all seeing what we see. The thing that may cause Robidas' trade value to be higher than what those of us who think pretty lowly of him right might think is that in this particular case there may be a perfect storm of variables that may keep his value near what it would have been a year or two ago.

Let me clarify what I'm saying by pointing out I have no idea what his value was then nor do I have any idea about what type of return he would garner right now. Having said that there are factors that could possibly help the Stars get pretty good value for him (assuming he would waive, etc. etc.). We know he was highly regarded in the league as recently as the Vancouver Olympics; big picture, we aren't all that far away from those days. He is playing for a team that is generally considered to be a middling, in-the-playoffs-mix squad, but certainly not a team to bet on making the postseason or doing anything of significance if they get there. He is playing for a first year NHL head coach with no track record; poor play by a veteran may get swept under the rug a bit by a GM who doesn't have the data to contextualize the player's season thus far. Robidas is currently being relied upon far more heavily than he would on any team that would be sniffing around for him. This comes with the implication that fewer and less severe minutes would improve his level of play when called upon.

His trade value would be highest at the deadline so if he's traded that's probably when it would be best. I do firmly believe that there are teams out there who would give up some handsome assets to acquire him, that there are teams out there who will be active in the trading market shedding salary to be able to acquire veterans, and that Robidas wouldn't hold the Stars hostage by invoking the NTC. Joe made the tough calls on Modano, Turco, and trading Neal (this one is a push for me right now as to how it's working out) so I think he has it in him to make a deal if he feels that's the right way to go. Being in a position to absorb salary (intelligently) also gives him the flexibility to make a better hockey deal if he chooses to go the trade route.

Robi's been a good soldier but it's time to move on from a team perspective. I would still cheer for him on whatever team he were to end up on because he really is a good dude. It's just time.

Old
12-29-2011, 12:56 AM
BagOfPucks
Rookie User

Philly?

BagOfPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 01:28 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagOfPucks View Post
Philly?
Most efficient first post ever. Welcome aboard.

Is Philly still in the market for some depth on the blue line? I'm not sure what their situation is right now.

Old
12-29-2011, 01:32 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Most efficient first post ever. Welcome aboard.

Is Philly still in the market for some depth on the blue line? I'm not sure what their situation is right now.
Doesn't sound like it, as Bourdon's been playing well for a rookie, they have Coburn, Carle, Timonen, and Meszaros, and one of Lilja, Marshall, or someone else can play as the #6.

Not really sure who needs a defender right now.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote