HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kassian this season

Old
12-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Selanne00008

vCash: 500
Kassian this season

Simple questions really. What's his eligibility? Can he stick with the big club? Would we have to make a decision at game #10 like we had to with Myers? Is he still way too young in devloping?

It's early, but he is looking like the pinnacle of the player this team needs.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
Simple questions really. What's his eligibility? Can he stick with the big club? Would we have to make a decision at game #10 like we had to with Myers? Is he still way too young in devloping?

It's early, but he is looking like the pinnacle of the player this team needs.
The 10 game rule only applies to players that aren't old enough for the AHL. Kassian is good to go.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I don't see him going down any time soon. Or ever.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
The 10 game rule only applies to players that aren't old enough for the AHL. Kassian is good to go.
I like you

Old
12-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
I like you

I admit I thought Kassian wasn't ready and needed at least a year in Rochester to matute. All the reports of him playing soft and not hitting had me worried.

But, I was wrong. He's ready now. It's a lot to put on him. But, he might be the answer to a lot of what's wrong with this team....

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post
I admit I thought Kassian wasn't ready and needed at least a year in Rochester to matute. All the reports of him playing soft and not hitting had me worried.

But, I was wrong. He's ready now. It's a lot to put on him. But, he might be the answer to a lot of what's wrong with this team....
The first time through, I read this as "mutate". It lead to some interesting images in my mind.

Old
12-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Jame
Dream '16

i said after his 2nd game, he's never going back. he's here to stay. be thankful

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 11:55 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I warm up sloooow to players, always have. With this in mind, I am surprised and pleased with Kassian so far. He has impressed. I am just not 100% on board with never sending him back to the AHL. I think he may get even better (and more hungry) by being sent back. I'd like to see him go thru a slump, work his A** off and come out the other side, a even better player. Does anyone know what a Kassian slump looks like? Does it last a few games or a few weeks?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Sabreality

No way can he go down...he and Adam are a breathe of fresh air, both are fearless and neither seems to get overwhelmed by the NHL stage. Theyve had their quiet nights, but even then, not many mistakes for the most part.

Lets just hope RC1.0 doesnt infect them.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 12:10 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I don't see him going down any time soon. Or ever.
Short, sweet and to the point.

I agree.

He adds something to this team we haven't had in a long time, or maybe ever. Strength, speed, skill and toughness.

If he can develop his defensive game he will be a true complete player.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Short, sweet and to the point.

I agree.

He adds something to this team we haven't had in a long time, or maybe ever. Strength, speed, skill and toughness.

If he can develop his defensive game he will be a true complete player.
His boardplay is simply suberb, I'm in awe every time I watch it. Such skill for such a young player, and he fits our needs so perfectly.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Grinder44

I knew he'd be a good player but I thought he might take a while to get there like a lot of power forwards do. Very impressed with his game at this stage in his pro career. If nothing else, his quick development could spell trade of one of the other wingers on the roster once everyone's healthy.

Grinder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 03:12 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Looks awesome. Keep him up.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Digable5

I've really been impressed with his speed at his size. Something I never noticed when I had seen him before. Surprisingly agile as well. I also just love his strength. He can get to a puck and create a force field around it with his body. He impressively moves around the offensive zone moving the puck with one hand on his stick and the other arm helping him shield off defenders.

Man crush!

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Miguel1

where do you reckon his ceiling is? 65-70 point seasons (82games)? That'll do nicely, in the mould of.....?

Miguel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Tunnel of Death
Foligno: Beast Mode

His play is making it next to impossible to send him down. Right now, the rookies and callups bring more to the table than the stiffs that we call the core.

Tunnel of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder44 View Post
I knew he'd be a good player but I thought he might take a while to get there like a lot of power forwards do. Very impressed with his game at this stage in his pro career. If nothing else, his quick development could spell trade of one of the other wingers on the roster once everyone's healthy.
I thought about this. Trade a less physical winger, clear up cap space and bring in a center to play with Kassian even.

Those young entry level contracts on the roster are like gold.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:02 AM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
No way can he go down...he and Adam are a breathe of fresh air, both are fearless and neither seems to get overwhelmed by the NHL stage. Theyve had their quiet nights, but even then, not many mistakes for the most part.

Lets just hope RC1.0 doesnt infect them.
Sorry, but I'm not impressed with Luke Adam. He's more of trade material than anything.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:04 AM
kenfury

When I look at line chemistry the Leino-Adam-Kassian probably has the best on the team right now. A large part of that is Kassian making things happen. I think he is on the path to being Leino's Hartnell. 30g 30a on a good year, 20g 20a on a bad one.

kenfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:07 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I need to eat crow on Kass. Thought he needed more AHL time before he could have any sort of impact at the NHL level.

I've been proven horribly wrong.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:09 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
Win jack for Jack!

Kassian has a spot, even if he isnt scoring he brings something we dont have. Same goes for Mcnabb. A lot of teams win the cup with young players making some sort of contribution, these guys bring something we need, size and toughness, plus they are pretty damn good players.

And please someone explain to me how Kassian improved his speed so fast? When he wants to go, he seems to have an extra gear.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1237
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Sorry, but I'm not impressed with Luke Adam. He's more of trade material than anything.
How can you be "not impressed". The guy is top-5 for goals, assists and points for rookies. This league isn't exactly easy to play in.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Kassian has a spot, even if he isnt scoring he brings something we dont have. Same goes for Mcnabb. A lot of teams win the cup with young players making some sort of contribution, these guys bring something we need, size and toughness, plus they are pretty damn good players.

And please someone explain to me how Kassian improved his speed so fast? When he wants to go, he seems to have an extra gear.
That is one of the things that has surprised me most, his skating does not seem to be a hindrance at all right now. He definitely seems to have that extra burst when he needs it.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by two Tylers now View Post

I'm with you there. I've been fairly skeptical on Kassian from an attitude standpoint and the reports from Rochester didn't exactly inspire (though the production was obviously there, 7-7-14 in 18 games) but there's obviously no reason to take him out of the lineup as it stands.

Of course he is 20 and there's always the possibility that he'll struggle at some point this year but if/until that happens he should clearly be in the lineup even when/if the team returns to full health.

Ruckus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Husko

That big line last night was just downright tough to play against. When's the last time we had a line like that?

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote