HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Canadiens, 12/17, MSG+, 7pm

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2011, 10:37 AM
NJDEVIL

vCash: 500
i recorded the game last night but any way to view just the video that was shown during docs speech, i loved that

Old
12-17-2011, 10:49 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Zach might as well end his career if he signs with Montreal. The death knell of talent.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Put me down as someone who ripped PD for keeping Parise and Kovy together. I'm eating crow now. They looked terrible for a while and were even running into eachother, but it's just beautiful to watch now. Henrique is a big reason why...Dude just gets the game. Hockey IQ through the roof. That line is clicking on all cylinders and is unstoppable at this point.
You put that much talent on a line together, and they'll eventually start producing. They are finding and using each other very well, and creating some amazing goals. Kovy's and Parise's goals last night were excellent teamwork plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
We will be facing a new coach tonight. Habs just fired Jacques Martin.
This can cause one of two reactions. Either they get scared into playing amazing, or they stay in disarray for the first few games under the new coach and presumably a new system. Let's hope it's the second one.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
I really liked Jacque Martin. I hope the Devils show Ex-Whaler Cunneyworth that he's got his work cut out for him.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Randy Cunneyworth is their interem coach

Old
12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
CerebralGenesis

MOAR wins!!!!

Lets go devils. Just get a point. I take 3/4 on back to backs all the time, every time

Old
12-17-2011, 11:27 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils r my life View Post
If anyone is staying at the Maritime Plaza Hotel look me up!
Were you the one asking about hotels in Montreal, because I remember that's one of the ones I recommend. If you need a place to pregame, you cannot beat Le Cage Aux Sports on Rene-Levesque, which is between your hotel and Le Centre Bell (about 3 blocks). It usually fills to capacity for weekend Habs games though, so you'd probably have to call and make a reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
We will be facing a new coach tonight. Habs just fired Jacques Martin.
Terrible news. These are always motivation games.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:31 AM
CerebralGenesis

I think this is good, the players will be running at 100% but they'll be headless chickens. For a team that relies on a structure to win, the coach should not be an excuse.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:32 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Put me down as someone who ripped PD for keeping Parise and Kovy together. I'm eating crow now. They looked terrible for a while and were even running into eachother, but it's just beautiful to watch now.
I STILL think they should be split up. They've looked "terrible" for longer than they've looked "awesome", and one-line teams rarely ever win a Stanley Cup, and if you split them up, you instantly have a two-line team. And against those teams fortunate enough to have an elite #1/#2 pairing, you run the risk of having BOTH your superstars shut down for 60 minutes. Do not like.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

I'll have to miss this game, as I am going to a holiday party. Hoping for a win, lots of Devils goals, and a good performance from Marty and the defence.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:35 AM
CerebralGenesis

I think they will get split up sooner than later. Imagine that crazy depth our team will have.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I STILL think they should be split up. They've looked "terrible" for longer than they've looked "awesome", and one-line teams rarely ever win a Stanley Cup, and if you split them up, you instantly have a two-line team. And against those teams fortunate enough to have an elite #1/#2 pairing, you run the risk of having BOTH your superstars shut down for 60 minutes. Do not like.
They will be split up eventually, just not yet. Ride the hot line for as long as it stays hot.

Come playoff time, I agree with you. The scoring depth will be more valuable than the stacked line. But we have to get to the playoffs first, and sometimes that involves riding the hot line.

Old
12-17-2011, 11:41 AM
vtfannjdevils

Let's Go Devils!! Leaving for Montreal now. Can't wait.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:02 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
BG, let's be realistic here.

In today's NHL with all these sissy-new-rules, you CANNOT shut down a Pairing for an entire game. C'mon now.

I say stick with the current pairings 'till the end of time(and tell Zajac to deal with the fact that his BFF has better "chemistry" with Adam. )

Old
12-17-2011, 12:14 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Is this really on MSG+? My guide thing shows the Pittsburgh/Buffalo game scheduled for 7, and the Nieds game wasnt on for me tonight. COMCAST, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?
Thats because you are blacked out.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
BG, let's be realistic here.

In today's NHL with all these sissy-new-rules, you CANNOT shut down a Pairing for an entire game. C'mon now.

I say stick with the current pairings 'till the end of time(and tell Zajac to deal with the fact that his BFF has better "chemistry" with Adam. )
Why not? Especially at home it's pretty easy to match your top-pairing. The elite defenders werent/arent the ones who had to rely on clutching and grabbing anyway.

I agree with Saugus that it would be dumb to split them up now that they're hot, but Kovy-Zajac and Parise-Henrique needs to happen eventually (and I believe it will).

Old
12-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

does anyone have a picture of Cam's face after the sykora goal last night? it was epic

Old
12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
In the long run, I agree. But at the moment, they're producing and winning games.

Once Zajac has his legs back, it might be time to split them up, to take advantage of both him and Henrique as much as we can.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:32 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Why not? Especially at home it's pretty easy to match your top-pairing. The elite defenders werent/arent the ones who had to rely on clutching and grabbing anyway.

I agree with Saugus that it would be dumb to split them up now that they're hot, but Kovy-Zajac and Parise-Henrique needs to happen eventually (and I believe it will).
I just hope "eventually" happens NEXT YEAR.

This line is amazing.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

maybe deboer has it right though. if you have two elite players its not such a bad idea to use them together. eventually i think zajac will be with kovalchuk though. Zajac didn't look like he lost a step at all last night which was good.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:42 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
maybe deboer has it right though. if you have two elite players its not such a bad idea to use them together. eventually i think zajac will be with kovalchuk though. Zajac didn't look like he lost a step at all last night which was good.
The problem is why would you take Henrique out of that pairing when he's so damn effective just to put Travis there?

I don't think Adam would be as effective when paired with Teddy and Clarkie. Just a gut feeling....

But whatever...if it happens, I trust in Deboer to make the right decisions about that.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Devilsfan118

The Habs are just such a boring team to play against..

Just get the win

Old
12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
The problem is why would you take Henrique out of that pairing when he's so damn effective just to put Travis there?

I don't think Adam would be as effective when paired with Teddy and Clarkie. Just a gut feeling....
I'd split up the Parise and Zajac relationship.

Henrique and Parise seem to have pretty remarkable chemistry and complimentary skill-sets.

But more importantly, Zajac is more of a pure passer AND he's one of the best defensive forwards (IMO) in the NHL, both attributes that I want paired with Kovalchuk.

Old
12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

No Tally tonight.

Old
12-17-2011, 01:06 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan118 View Post
The Habs are just such a boring team to play against..

Just get the win
But I thought the Devils were boring?

Closed Thread