HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is "this" Cammalleri???

Old
12-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
The latest rumor is a bust up between him and Gorges. Who knows what to believe but there's something very off with him. He's approaching Gomez territory.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

He had a rough start to the season with that laceration to his leg. Then he left the lineup with a knee issue after another incident. I dont think he's been 100% since. Having said that, he's simply missing chances that goalscorers are supposed to bury. He's just not good enough right now.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:27 AM
jamz

As long as we make the playoffs and he keeps producing in them like he did the last two seasons I will love him unconditionally no matter what he does in the regular season.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The latest rumor is a bust up between him and Gorges. Who knows what to believe but there's something very off with him. He's approaching Gomez territory.

Oh really?? Interesting!!

I figured Cammy was just sulking because of having to play Martin's defensive style...but if there is a riff in the dressing room...then someone has to go....and it shouldn't be Josh Gorges!!

Right now....I'd be happy if the Habs traded Cammy for Clowe!! At least Clowe is a big body that plays hard and can score the odd goal here and there.

Cammalleri isn't even playing as good as Kostitsyn has played this year.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
He had a rough start to the season with that laceration to his leg. Then he left the lineup with a knee issue after another incident. I dont think he's been 100% since. Having said that, he's simply missing chances that goalscorers are supposed to bury. He's just not good enough right now.

I understand injuries suck and can effect players in a terrible way...but Gomez has battled injury since training camp and at least he works his butt off when he IS in the lineup. And people crap all over Gomez on a daily basis.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
As long as we make the playoffs and he keeps producing in them like he did the last two seasons I will love him unconditionally no matter what he does in the regular season.

But what good is that if Cammalleri sucks so bad that he doesn't help the Habs make the playoffs....then what??

I love Cammy in the playoffs...he's been awesome for us....but if the Habs miss the playoffs, then what good is he?

Old
12-18-2011, 01:34 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Oh really?? Interesting!!

I figured Cammy was just sulking because of having to play Martin's defensive style...but if there is a riff in the dressing room...then someone has to go....and it shouldn't be Josh Gorges!!

Right now....I'd be happy if the Habs traded Cammy for Clowe!! At least Clowe is a big body that plays hard and can score the odd goal here and there.

Cammalleri isn't even playing as good as Kostitsyn has played this year.
If Cammy is moved now we would be getting someone back who is also having problems or less talented.

But yeah Gorges stays, he is playing excellent as usual and anyone who lets these kind of issues effect his play to this degree does not belong on this team.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If Cammy is moved now we would be getting someone back who is also having problems or less talented.

But yeah Gorges stays, he is playing excellent as usual and anyone who lets these kind of issues effect his play to this degree does not belong on this team.

BINGO!!!

Gorges is awesome. I've been a huge fan since the day San Jose traded him to the Habs and I knew he'd turn into an important defenceman for us.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Habs13

There was that one play tonight where he tried to go top shelf on Brodeur and ended up putting the puck over the glass... that is messed up!

Habs13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Pleky Roks

I think the Habs should be able to package Cammy with maybe Weber or Campoli and get a decent player in return....maybe I'm wrong. I'd rather see someone like Clowe or Penner...hell even Hartnell would be an upgrade over Cammy right now. At least those guys has size and play hard every shift!!

I'm so disgusted with Cammy right now....I know he's a great hockey player...but he's gotta show it sooner than later.

Old
12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
DJ Breadman

he's getting some great chances just not scoring, it's like his shot has lost 10-20 mph, his one timers used to be almost guaranteed goals, i can't remember the last time he scored one. He said before the season that easton after like 8 years has finally got the stick he's been working on right, so I figured he'd have a good year, not sure what's up with this guy.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Miller Time

from what i've heard, he is not a popular guy in the locker room...

can't have a key player (or at least a key cap hit player) be a persona non grata if you're going to be a winner... at least not unless he's so dominant that the other players just suck it up, and cammy is definitely not that guy.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
from what i've heard, he is not a popular guy in the locker room...

can't have a key player (or at least a key cap hit player) be a persona non grata if you're going to be a winner... at least not unless he's so dominant that the other players just suck it up, and cammy is definitely not that guy.

Well if thats true....why is he still in Montreal???

He basically just cost Martin his job IMO....and he's obviously having a very negative effect on the team...so why are we still putting up with this crap??

Give Cammy's icetime to Pacioretty or Kostitsyn...give those guys a chance. There has to be some way to get through to Cammy and make him turn his game and attitude around!

Old
12-18-2011, 06:59 AM
Chili

You watch goal scorers in the league and they consistently

- get into good positions to score
- shoot the puck quickly
- have alot of 'snap' on their shots (and of course they're accurate)

When I watch Cammallari lately even when he does get in good shooting positions he's hesitating and there is very little snap to his shot. And the accuracy is not very good.

I remember watching clips of Guy Lafleur staying long after practice constantly working on his shot with rapid fire drills.

If it's injury related that's one thing but whether it's that or between the ears or whatever it's hard work that will get him him back on track.

His 39 goal season and playoff run seem like the distant past right now.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 07:52 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Exactly! If the Habs make the playoffs in the next 3 years he will be needed.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

He's still here. You just can't appreciate his godliness. Trade him away for Hartnell or Penner or Clowe? Ewwww. Big strong men who can fight AND SCORE are not true [modern] Habs.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Ollie Williams

We traded him last season. Another one of PG's fail moves.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 11:56 AM
donghabs98

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
that's danger zone

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Furry

I agree

Furry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:14 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Does anybody have the foggiest clue what the hell is wrong with Mike Cammalleri???
The PP has sucked and that was his bread and butter. Oh and he needs to pick a side and fine-tune his shot an inch that way so that at least half those posts make it in.

That's pretty much it. Cunneyworth seems to want to use the Plekanec line in the offensive zone more, so he should get more opportunities.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Coldplay
Courage

He's been missing since May 2010.

If found, please return to Club de Hockey Canadien, 1909 avenue des Canadiens-de-Montréal, Montreal, QC.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
that's danger zone

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:36 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

when you watch the guy he has no clue and has a huge ego on top of everything.

to me he never was a good player anyway , I think he got extremely lucky to have a hot streak in the playoff more than anything else.Gave him a break and his 6 million to lose puck battles in the corners like he was paid to do it.Not to mention turnovers , or the fact he keeps the puck and try to become a playmaker every 3 shift when he clearly has no hockey IQ or true stickhandling ability.

Cammalleri is a poor player , paid 6 millions to perform his poor play.He and Gomez are talking our money thayt we give this organization at 200$ the damn game.**** your ego , your money or whatever , just get him out of the team.It's disgusting.I could say a lot about Gionta , but his heart is at the right place so I'm accepting him.You take out Cammalleri and Gomez and this team finishes with more points than if they would have stayed only for the fact the team spirit will tremendously improve with no black hole on center and primadonna at right wing making the salarial hierarchy a farce.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 12-18-2011 at 12:56 PM.
BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Serious HABit

he's playing like poop.

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote